Halo 4 Forge - Like Reach, but worse!

CoolStuff.jpg

By now I think we all know that Halo 4's forge isn't what it used to be. In fact, it's downright terrible. But, like the loyal loving fanbase that we are, we make do! We grumble away, but most of us still manage to put out some quality stuff!

Well Arbiter617 stuck out a video he did with some others, which sarcastically explains all the features of Halo 4's forge in the style of Bungie & 343i's ViDocs. Check it out! If you've been disappointed by Halo 4's forge these past few months, I can guarantee this will give you a laugh an amused grunt of annoyance.

they sound so tired... said:
We wanted to give people a variety of locations that they could forge in different ways. So, Rock, A Rock in Space, A Rock Cavern, A very large ocean which is off limits, and these neat acid pool which is, *sigh* also off limits...

I didn't pay 60 bucks to wait for the next game.

That's pretty easy to say, isn't it? The only complaint with Halo 4 forge isn't size, it's how half-assed a job 343 did with it. The idea that people think it was smart to remove advanced forging for the implementation of a barely-functional magnet system is irritating. This piles onto a massive pile of issues containing how busy and ugly many of the pieces are, how all the pieces have been stupidly re-sized and re-shaped, and how custom gametypes that have become Halo staple have been removed. All of this culminates with how unfinished and counter-intuitive the menus are, and how a fileshare promised for day 1 still hasn't been fucking finished. I'm sorry if I'm being a complainer, but I expected 2 years of promising development and limitless publisher money to not take a shit on every forger's face.

This is exactly what I've been wanting to say about the game. Exactly.

precision editing tutorial, for people complaining

edit: there are also alot of tutorials on how to avoid almost every single complain in the original parody video, like making an object not cast any shadow and many more

Reactions: iForge
Very funny. "a rock, a rock in space, a rock cavern". the sarcasm was so good. But they did address some important issues. We need fine editing back and we don't need magnets because they join to stuff you don't want them to.
I actually like magnets for some things when i was building a map on impact and that they at least give you the option to turn them on or off.

Yes I know that but with the magnets on there isn't enough freedom of placement for me. But that's just my opinion.

Yes I know that but with the magnets on there isn't enough freedom of placement for me. But that's just my opinion.

You just need to learn to use them properly. There are times when magnets are the right choice and times when they aren't.
Expecting the game to read your mind about where YOU think the magnet point should be is not the right approach.
Learn where they are on each piece and use it to your advantage.
I find that turning them on and off and adjusting pieces with free rotation produces the best results.
I will usually place a piece where I want it, either freely or with coordinates, and then use magnets to attach other pieces to it.
If the magnet point is not where i need it to be, i use precision tappy tappy technique to get it where i want it.
It's really not that hard.
I feel like most of the people complaining about this type of stuff must not have spent very much time in forge at all.
I found it frustrating too.... for about one day, then i adapted.

Reactions: Festuca and Wakko45
It's not that I dislike magnets, I just don't understand how they work.
First you have to turn them on by pressing b. Then whenever you put the orange glowing magnets near each other they will attract. Make sure you turn them on only when you need them because they can be annoying

i made an awsome map that i had 2 seperate full lobby say were good . o-o on halo 4 forge. i still dont understand the anger agaisnt the new forge,

I like some aspects of it, like the new objects and location-specific objects, but too much is wrong with the forge for it to be user-friendly. I'm new to forging, barely tried it in Reach but found it extremely easy to use, and in Halo 4 it's just so difficult to get everything just right.
Then again, it's allowed me to build my epic Paintball Arena on top of the Grifball Court on Erosion and use the natural scenery to great effect, so I can't complain all that much.

It's a funny video, though Halo 4's forge is 1 step back and 2 steps forward.

Just woulda been nicer if CA took 2 forward and none back.

You just need to learn to use them properly. There are times when magnets are the right choice and times when they aren't.
Expecting the game to read your mind about where YOU think the magnet point should be is not the right approach.
Learn where they are on each piece and use it to your advantage.
I find that turning them on and off and adjusting pieces with free rotation produces the best results.
I will usually place a piece where I want it, either freely or with coordinates, and then use magnets to attach other pieces to it.
If the magnet point is not where i need it to be, i use precision tappy tappy technique to get it where i want it.
It's really not that hard.
I feel like most of the people complaining about this type of stuff must not have spent very much time in forge at all.
I found it frustrating too.... for about one day, then i adapted.

I know there are times when to use them and when not to but I don't realy need to use them except for making floors and walls.

No see, when others complain about something like forge its petty, and I get tired of hearing it. When I rip on H4 for something its legitimate. Like the meds they put Jeff Steitzer on to do his job this time.

Reactions: Titmar
Very funny, I can't imagine Certain Affinity taking offence from this.
Sure they might be taking the piss a little bit, but that's what gets the video laughs & views, and it's exactly that which will help get the video noticed.
It's made to make us laugh, and to send a message to Certain Affinity, every YouTube comment agreeing with the video will eventually add up to a long list of people that want these fixes. Eventually they will notice, though apparently these fixes are already in preparation for the TU late this month.