Introduction How tiresome...

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Uh, hello. I am, Tedium. And I like to party.

Although I'm a moderator here, I'd go to say I'm the least well known of the current staff, and unlike them I'm not a huge member of the community. I'm not a Halo veteran, in fact I hated it until I first played Halo 3 (I totally judge things by their covers) in 2009 when I got my Xbox. So I was pretty late to the game.

Even then, I didn't like it that much. (In fact, over all, I much prefer Call of Duty. Scratch that, Fallout has my respect. But that's because of embarrassing reasons, so I won't get into that) I just liked playing online, but overall thought the gameplay pretty stagnant. Still do, really. Why am I here again? Oh yeah, because even though I find fault in the smallest things, I respect and enjoy the games regardless. I love a good atmosphere, and Halo's got one hell of an atmosphere. Plus the community sites like this are a great place to be! So I stick around, and because of that Halo has become one of my favorites, despite my cynicism.

The first and only internet forum I joined (until now) was ForgeHub, with the hope of getting a few players to play my maps. No one did. Then I made more. No one noticed. Buuut, that's the way of things, isn't it?

Eventually I thought I'd redirect my disappointment into looking at and others' maps, giving to them the kind of feedback I craved. That was well before I was internet-wise (I didn't know what a meme was) so I'd overlooked most of the website. Once I explored it more, I discovered the Review Hub. Turns out, they were doing what I'd been doing! So, I joined. I tell ya, I didn't understand the dynamics of the internet, so when I posted a few sample reviews, my heart was beating as fast as if I was in a job interview. MickRaider, who was their leader at the time, sent me a PM to say I'd been accepted, and I got my first look at the presently inactive group of individuals.

Aaanywayy, 1,364 posts, 31 blogs, a few lectures on writing from Noxiw, several great friends and 19 reviews later, I'm where I am now. I became the leader of the Review Hub soon after Organite, after the group went to hell and Mick stepped down to become a moderator. We kept it afloat for a while, but we eventually went on hiatus when every member lost the will to write.

Yeah, that doesn't reflect well on me does it?

Meh. That's me. Or, at least, the internet me. The real me is much more handsome.

Real-life-me doesn't let internet-me mention his name or age, since he likes the mystery. Small things, huh. It's not like it's hard to guess. Somewhere between 15 and 40, I'd imagine. Take your guesses.

Real-life me also listens mostly to metal, but I'm trying to branch out :rofl: Top artists right now (not all metal) are Parkway Drive, Skindred, Black Tide, Dark Tranquility (holy shit, how come I only heard of them a few months ago?!) and Glaze. That Brony music is the shit. Oh, and I'm a Brony, but we won't get into that.

And thus ends the longest intro thread yet. My Internet biography. If you read all that, thanks! If you didn't have the patience, well, tedium's in the name.