Halo 4 Forge - Like Reach, but worse!

CoolStuff.jpg

By now I think we all know that Halo 4's forge isn't what it used to be. In fact, it's downright terrible. But, like the loyal loving fanbase that we are, we make do! We grumble away, but most of us still manage to put out some quality stuff!

Well Arbiter617 stuck out a video he did with some others, which sarcastically explains all the features of Halo 4's forge in the style of Bungie & 343i's ViDocs. Check it out! If you've been disappointed by Halo 4's forge these past few months, I can guarantee this will give you a laugh an amused grunt of annoyance.

they sound so tired... said:
We wanted to give people a variety of locations that they could forge in different ways. So, Rock, A Rock in Space, A Rock Cavern, A very large ocean which is off limits, and these neat acid pool which is, *sigh* also off limits...

Hahahah, that was great. I think they did a decent job considering its the first version, but I'm definitely hoping for additional features/options/fixes with the Title Updates and eventually with Halo 5 :D

anybody remember Halo 3 forge?

Totally! I really like how they let you move around the weapons on the on-disk maps. It means that, if you want battle rifles instead of assault rifles, you can! Or if you need an extra few warthogs, you can!

I like that.

Very funny. "a rock, a rock in space, a rock cavern". the sarcasm was so good. But they did address some important issues. We need fine editing back and we don't need magnets because they join to stuff you don't want them to.

Forge? What is that?

In all seriousness, I think MP should take precedence over Forge, but that is just me.

This parody video pretty much summed up whats wrong with forge in Halo 4. Hope this brings light to Certain Affinity and 343i....

What are some of you saying....Halo 4's Forge is a far cry from the beauty of Halo:Reach's Forge. I like Magnets, they are pretty useful, and Gravity Volumes are cool, but we need stuff like Precision Editing and Forge World back. The lack of a decent Skybox, the ridiculous forge spaces, the textures on the blocks...it's all ridiculous. And Forging ON and IN the water to make things like battleships is gone, which seriously sucks. Bring back what was good and keep what's good in Halo 4, and get rid of the crappy stuff.

this is a case of what i like to call "over-individualism" this means that 343 wanted to make halo 4 forge their own when really they didn't need to and in hine sight shouldn't have.
yeah its good to leave your mark but don't let that get in the way of things that people already like and sure as hell never replace something everyone already likes with something you "think" is a good idea, go ahead and add it but never ever take out the good stuff (this is of course referring to 343 and CA replacing precision editing with magnets...what a shit mechanism)

By now I think we all know that Halo 4's forge isn't what it used to be. In fact, it's downright terrible. But, like the loyal loving fanbase that we are, we make do! We grumble away, but most of us still manage to put out some quality stuff!

Well Arbiter617 stuck out a video he did with some others, which sarcastically explains all the features of Halo 4's forge in the style of Bungie & 343i's ViDocs. Check it out! If you've been disappointed by Halo 4's forge these past few months, I can guarantee this will give you a laugh an amused grunt of annoyance.

This is a pretty immature way of making fun of 343, I mean come on it's not THAT bad; personally I think Halo 4's forge is just as good (but no better) than Reach's. Plus a lot of the reasons some things (Forgeworld, more objects, a larger budget) is due to the fact that the 360 is an ancient machine and can't handle a lot of what 343 wanted to do with Halo 4. Also, this is 343's first game (and first Halo game at that) so just give 'em another game or two to get there bearings, then we can expect Bungie quality advancements.

IForge no disrespect but obviously you don't actually forge because everything in this video is on point and is basically everything the forging community has issues with. I love Halo no matter what, forge used to be my favorite part of the game, I'm a decent forger, and these issues are not really "opinion" but actual facts.

Plus that first game excuse can only work for so long; thats why everyone of youtube is wondering why Halo seems to be dying, pros are headed to COD (god only knows why because that franchise sucks), and people are liking videos like this

IForge no disrespect but obviously you don't actually forge because everything in this video is on point and is basically everything the forging community has issues with. I love Halo no matter what, forge used to be my favorite part of the game, I'm a decent forger, and these issues are not really "opinion" but actual facts.
Uh, I know what I'm talking about thank you very much. Also, there are quite a few very good forgers who, like myself, feel the same way. Also, on point and sarcasm are not the same thing.

Reactions: S3V3R and Taetronus
Not trying to rant or pick a fight, its just i'v heard so many people complaining and watched a dozen videos like this... I'm waiting for Halo 5 to be spectacular where forge is concerned