Halo 4 Forge - Like Reach, but worse!

CoolStuff.jpg

By now I think we all know that Halo 4's forge isn't what it used to be. In fact, it's downright terrible. But, like the loyal loving fanbase that we are, we make do! We grumble away, but most of us still manage to put out some quality stuff!

Well Arbiter617 stuck out a video he did with some others, which sarcastically explains all the features of Halo 4's forge in the style of Bungie & 343i's ViDocs. Check it out! If you've been disappointed by Halo 4's forge these past few months, I can guarantee this will give you a laugh an amused grunt of annoyance.

they sound so tired... said:
We wanted to give people a variety of locations that they could forge in different ways. So, Rock, A Rock in Space, A Rock Cavern, A very large ocean which is off limits, and these neat acid pool which is, *sigh* also off limits...

Not trying to rant or pick a fight, its just i'v heard so many people complaining and watched a dozen videos like this... I'm waiting for Halo 5 to be spectacular where forge is concerned
True, and sorry if I came off sounding upset, but a lot of people claim forge is worse than it is, when the truth is, the people saying that forge is horrible really aren't putting effort into making a map, yeah, it was a bit of a backwards step, but it's still WAY better than Halo 3's forge, and people were happy with it. just my opinion :)

it's a funny video and it's well done, but i'm really sick of all the complainers out there.

sure, forge is missing a couple key features, and every forger has been affected by that.
but it's NOT terrible, and it's still perfectly easy, perhaps even more easy than Reach to make a great looking map.

lack of precision editing was the worst omission, and even that is extremely simple to compensate for.
people who disagree are just butthurt, or lack the skill/patience to compensate for it. imho.

Reactions: iForge and Insane54
By now I think we all know that Halo 4's forge isn't what it used to be. In fact, it's downright terrible. But, like the loyal loving fanbase that we are, we make do! We grumble away, but most of us still manage to put out some quality stuff!

Well Arbiter617 stuck out a video he did with some others, which sarcastically explains all the features of Halo 4's forge in the style of Bungie & 343i's ViDocs. Check it out! If you've been disappointed by Halo 4's forge these past few months, I can guarantee this will give you a laugh an amused grunt of annoyance.

Whats wrong with halo 4 forge? Its better then the other ones.
Sure is... Like does nobody know that if you look down on an object youre holding, it activates precise editing?! And if they were to add forge world into halo 4, then say by by to your xbox, tryng to render such a big space is IMPOSSIBLE for the current xbox, so stop complaining douchebags, they couldnt do wn bigger maps because of your xboxes lack of ram.

Reactions: iForge
I really like Halo 4's forge. Obviously there are a few problems, but I definitely think it's better than Reach's. In terms of editing game-types they really took a giant crap though. Sure, they could have made the forge maps more accessible in many areas, but you can tell they definitely tried and they could easily release a version of forge world anyhow.

Personally I prefer having the three maps with different atmospheres than one giant map with the same atmosphere.

In some cases, I like the new Forge and all of the different environments. The map I'm working on right now would look crap with Reach's Forge pallet. Then again, some maps would look better in Reach than they do in Halo 4... It just depends.

For now, I think people are just going to have to come up with workarounds to certain issues. There's nothing that immediately sticks out at me as being absolutely unbearable - just a lot of little things.

Reactions: iForge and Tedium
This was a halarios video, don't get me wrong. But halo 4 forge isn't that bad. Magnets are really helpful because you can turn them on and off. Also the palettes are really cool and i love the impact specific items.

Halo 3 was the first version of forge and Bungie's first shot at it. Of course it was clunky, and occasionally (more like totally) annoying but Halo 3 came out with some pretty friggin awesome maps. As Bungie added more DLC's they improved their forge matrix with what they had i.e. Sandbox. So I'm not saying I support what 343i did with the Halo franchise, but give them a chance to fully show their full potential with what they have right now, like Bungie did. Bungie ended up improving forge drastically in Halo Reach and that was only their second version of forge on the same Xbox platform as before!!! So 343i has an even greater chance to do something great in Halo 5; with a new Xbox platform, new processor, new graphics card, new everything, the new forge can be unimaginable. Let's wait and see what they do with their game.

Reactions: Tedium
the 720 will allow for much more things to be added on halo 5, magnets aren't bad they just need to fix them and re add precision editing, what they need to do is combine their forge maps to create a multistyle forge map one one massive proportions. with different biomes, deserts, forests. and re add flying vehicles for unsc. with the 720 it could support something like this and maybe even up to 30 people on a map, making for some amazing games. well just have to wait for halo 5 on the 720 to match our standards.

im tired of everyone complaining about halo 4 forge im completely satisfied with it, i can understand that people want something like forge world back but the two main things people complained about in reach was frame rate and the fact that everything was gray, and they fixed both of those things at the cost of having smaller maps. now if you feel limited and that you cant make any maps, be creative and if that doesn't work than your obviously not that good of a forger.

Halo 3 was the first version of forge and Bungie's first shot at it. Of course it was clunky, and occasionally (more like totally) annoying but Halo 3 came out with some pretty friggin awesome maps. As Bungie added more DLC's they improved their forge matrix with what they had i.e. Sandbox. So I'm not saying I support what 343i did with the Halo franchise, but give them a chance to fully show their full potential with what they have right now, like Bungie did. Bungie ended up improving forge drastically in Halo Reach and that was only their second version of forge on the same Xbox platform as before!!! So 343i has an even greater chance to do something great in Halo 5; with a new Xbox platform, new processor, new graphics card, new everything, the new forge can be unimaginable. Let's wait and see what they do with their game.

I didn't pay 60 bucks to wait for the next game.

im tired of everyone complaining about halo 4 forge im completely satisfied with it, i can understand that people want something like forge world back but the two main things people complained about in reach was frame rate and the fact that everything was gray, and they fixed both of those things at the cost of having smaller maps. now if you feel limited and that you cant make any maps, be creative and if that doesn't work than your obviously not that good of a forger.

That's pretty easy to say, isn't it? The only complaint with Halo 4 forge isn't size, it's how half-assed a job 343 did with it. The idea that people think it was smart to remove advanced forging for the implementation of a barely-functional magnet system is irritating. This piles onto a massive pile of issues containing how busy and ugly many of the pieces are, how all the pieces have been stupidly re-sized and re-shaped, and how custom gametypes that have become Halo staple have been removed. All of this culminates with how unfinished and counter-intuitive the menus are, and how a fileshare promised for day 1 still hasn't been fucking finished. I'm sorry if I'm being a complainer, but I expected 2 years of promising development and limitless publisher money to not take a shit on every forger's face.