Data Lost [Jul 26, 2016] Map Testing With INFINUT - Halo 5

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
4v4 Friday lineup

MAP: Salient 2.5
Gt: Bloodpony
Gamemodes: Slayer and Strongholds

Map: Omnius
Author: valojiztov
Gametypes: slayer & strongholds

Map: Aqueduct (4v4)
Modes: Assault, Strongholds
Gamertag: D4rkpr1nc3

Map Name: Mt Matey
Gamemodes: Oddball, Strongholds
Gamertag: King Kantalope

Map name: GRAVE TEST
Gamemodes: CTF/Assualt
Gt: INFINUT

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
8v8 Saturday BTB lineup

Name: Buccaneer v2
Gamemodes: Slayer and STRONGHOLDS
Gamertag: GrayishPoppy210

Map: Prophets Fire
Game types: Assault / CTF
GT: KILLTrOTTcity

Map: Traffic Jam
Game types: Slayer/CTF
GT: IMAROLLINGSTONE

Map: Cargo Depot
Strongholds (5-base) and Assault
Gt: Cappasmaldo

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
4v4
Map: Installation 05
CTF and Strongholds

Delta Halo inspired symmetrical arena map. Also has a ghost and mongoose per team to try to capture that classic halo feel.

Reactions: KILLtrOTTcity

KILLtrOTTcity

Proficient
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Feedback for Saturday's Lobby BTB-

Prophets Fire: My map, no feedback.

Buccaneer: I have to say your new version is very much improved over the first version. The mancannons on the ship help player movement alot but I think atleast 1 more way up to the high cliffside where the houses are would be nice since that cliff is so tall and there is a long portion of just sheer cliff with no way up.I was thinking a mancannon from somewhere in the hollowed fort up to cliff or if you wanted to try something to really sell your pirate theme maybe make a wooden platform suspended by 2 ropes(cables) that raises and lowers automatically or with a switch, you can attach the ropes to the rock ceiling cliff. Also great job on the bigger destroyed forts, they are welcome change providing much needed cover.But having said that,in the playtests I didnt see many people use that area as much as I thought so maybe it still needs something to make players want to go there, how about a camo or overshield in the center of the fort maybe? I think it would be a nice pairing next to the nearby shotgun and also be a very noticeable reward for players who decide to explore the area. One other slight peoblem area is the rock that is connected by 3 bridges, that area needs a little cover atleast because its so open to almost every los on the map and there feels like there should be atleast something up there like a weapon of somesort or grenades atleast.You have a GREAT classic Pirate theme going but you have a few things breaking your illusion of that theme such as: 1) Metal modern Crates (you can use primitive blocks the same size as them and use the wood skin)
2) The modern neon lights on the pirate ship ( I'd say either use invisible lights or make torches like the ones in your house or cool lanterns)
3) The cones dont fit theme at all ( I think it would be awesome to place a skull on a stick to indicate where your kill barriers are, so much cooler than cones, especially for ur theme!)

One last thing I would add would be ofcourse some skulls to the ship; nothing screams Pirate more than the skull. You could maybe add Decal Skulls on the sail and also a few human skulls merged into the front and back or sides of the ship.
Last but certainly not least is your budget problem, I have a great idea but its up to you ofcourse if you agree. Your houses with all the small rectangles uses for the wall detail, you can delete a good amount of them, especially on the insides of the houses, your houses will still fit the theme and look great and im pretty sure you can get atleast 30 pieces or more which you can do alot with im sure! Well I hope this has been helpful, your map is really shaping up into something super fun and unique and with just a little extra polish it will be shining like a scallywags gold daubloon in no time!! :)

Traffic Jam:
This map is mostly the same as I playtested in Squallys lobby and it still plays very well.The playtests were messed up a bit with that spawn issue of ofcourse so I hope you sign up again for next weeks lobby so we can really get a proper test with no wrench thrown into things.Im really glad you finally went with the guass hog, I think it works well with this map which is hard to balance in most maps.I still think you should add an additional way up to the middle, in almost every playtest on this map I played, I never seem to go up to the top middle bridge because maybe im just too lazy to go all the way to the ends of it.. A couple more jump ups or a small simple lift on each side somewhere would work nice.Imo the middle area power position in almost any map should have as many access points as possible,especially a high ground middle like your map provides. Also I love the new tunnel area near the bases, Im pretty sure it wasnt there the first time I played this, great addition. Everything else is pretty solid and especially your weapon layout, absolutely love the plamsa casters on this map; never EVER change them!

Cargo Depot:

I dont think too much changed since the last test but I will say I really had alot of fun playing Assault on this and it is by far my favorite gametype that ive tested so far on here, it was a really good match too!
Had a blast with the Gungoose and made alot of last second "bomb planter" stops by using the trusty ol' goose! ;) The goose spawn in the crate was a bit akward to get into the crate, I would just merge that into the ground abit so players can walk straight into the box and not hop and bump their head.I personally am not a fan of 5 point Strongholds but it might be just me; I personally think that is just too much to keep track of and worry about killing all at the same time, which is why I miss Classic KOTH. But overall I think everything is ok with this map, I cant complain about too much elevation because you are recreating a level you saw from another game so you have to be true to that map layout your recreating for the most part. But I think CTF and Assault are the best gametypes on here ive played maybe I'll have to try 5 point Strongholds 1 more time just to be sure I dont like it lol! :)

Reactions: GrayishPoppy210

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
My feedback for the 4v4 Friday lobby

I appreciate the changes that were made giving quite a bit more interaction from the bottom floor and the top through middle. If you watched the stream you will notice a general consensus to possibly give us a few mid range weapons maybe a light rifle or battle rifle or something along those lines because of the several medium distant sightlines The stronghold locations were actually pretty nice because of the fact that there was one territory that simply could be held but there was definitely to ideal territories to hold which is something you would really want to look for or strongholds played well good job Mr. blood

This was an interesting one and definitely a lot can be done with this map for sure a couple of big things I would definitely say tone down the shininess just a bit also I noticed between both slayer and strongholds is that getting across the map kind of went one of these two ways which were running along the sides which took a while to get where you wanted to go or going through middle which completely exposed you and with such little cover was pretty much a death sentence I would suggest a little bit more solid structure within the middle to block some sightlines in a few man cannons on the outskirts to shoot you towards metal or maybe from middle towards the outside The weapons were nice I feel like the binary rifle the incineration canon light rifles bull shots all those Promethean weapons are not used it is much as they should glad to see that especially with that style of map or theme. Also I'm not sure about how the middle you have that gravity well that slowly float you up I would suggest placing even a few more gravity volumes within each other to help boost you up quicker although getting stuck in there may not happen as much if we get some cover through middle that way we are not getting shot from every direction. I'd love to see the next step on this one :)
Thanks Valero

I was really digging this one absolutely love the sewer theme I will say I definitely got lost quite a bit even during the second time around it was a little easier but still I got lost a lot but at the same time it's a sewer and I would understand that she wears are meant to be similar looking paths
Without going into forge it looks like there are only three elongated paths to get to the bombsight which made assualt very tough
Weapon choice was great aesthetics were great if I were to say much I would love to have another path to help flank around middle without using those long back routs
I did notice some of those steel bars blocking a path which looked like it entered into the enemy base and I'm sure that was done for a reason probably because it look like it went from blue base to read bees easily but I'm curious how that would play without those bars
All in all a great map fun to play I would love to see this again

Very confusing very tough layout at first but I honestly got the hang of the layout quickly and clearly understood how to traverse it. Can't wait to see the aesthetics and theme come to life on this oneI do want to address top middle being very tight and all the ways to access it had to clamber which brought the gun down for the attacker when attacking say the person with the ball which made for easy Beat downs I'm definitely thinking some man cannons at the bottom to help you up top and as for the bottom whenever you fell down there it felt like this giant sinking feeling with despair with the mindset of thinking all crap now I got to go all the way back up there lol Power ups were in a interesting position although I didn't get to use it hardly we will simply have to run that map again soon :)
Great start though can't wait to see what you do with it

My map no feedback

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013

Very confusing very tough layout at first but I honestly got the hang of the layout quickly and clearly understood how to traverse it. Can't wait to see the aesthetics and theme come to life on this oneI do want to address top middle being very tight and all the ways to access it had to clamber which brought the gun down for the attacker when attacking say the person with the ball which made for easy Beat downs I'm definitely thinking some man cannons at the bottom to help you up top and as for the bottom whenever you fell down there it felt like this giant sinking feeling with despair with the mindset of thinking all crap now I got to go all the way back up there lol Power ups were in a interesting position although I didn't get to use it hardly we will simply have to run that map again soon
I think arting up the map will help a tonne in initial layout recognition, don't you?

Reactions: INFINUT

Raptor086

Novice
Nov 21, 2014
2v2 Tuesday lobby

Map name: King's Court
GT: Raptor086
Supports Slayer & Strongholds

This is what I think is the finished product for my map that was previously titled "Rendezvous"

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016

I appreciate the changes that were made giving quite a bit more interaction from the bottom floor and the top through middle. If you watched the stream you will notice a general consensus to possibly give us a few mid range weapons maybe a light rifle or battle rifle or something along those lines because of the several medium distant sightlines The stronghold locations were actually pretty nice because of the fact that there was one territory that simply could be held but there was definitely to ideal territories to hold which is something you would really want to look for or strongholds played well good job Mr. blood

This was an interesting one and definitely a lot can be done with this map for sure a couple of big things I would definitely say tone down the shininess just a bit also I noticed between both slayer and strongholds is that getting across the map kind of went one of these two ways which were running along the sides which took a while to get where you wanted to go or going through middle which completely exposed you and with such little cover was pretty much a death sentence I would suggest a little bit more solid structure within the middle to block some sightlines in a few man cannons on the outskirts to shoot you towards metal or maybe from middle towards the outside The weapons were nice I feel like the binary rifle the incineration canon light rifles bull shots all those Promethean weapons are not used it is much as they should glad to see that especially with that style of map or theme. Also I'm not sure about how the middle you have that gravity well that slowly float you up I would suggest placing even a few more gravity volumes within each other to help boost you up quicker although getting stuck in there may not happen as much if we get some cover through middle that way we are not getting shot from every direction. I'd love to see the next step on this one :)
Thanks Valero

I was really digging this one absolutely love the sewer theme I will say I definitely got lost quite a bit even during the second time around it was a little easier but still I got lost a lot but at the same time it's a sewer and I would understand that she wears are meant to be similar looking paths
Without going into forge it looks like there are only three elongated paths to get to the bombsight which made assualt very tough
Weapon choice was great aesthetics were great if I were to say much I would love to have another path to help flank around middle without using those long back routs
I did notice some of those steel bars blocking a path which looked like it entered into the enemy base and I'm sure that was done for a reason probably because it look like it went from blue base to read bees easily but I'm curious how that would play without those bars
All in all a great map fun to play I would love to see this again

Very confusing very tough layout at first but I honestly got the hang of the layout quickly and clearly understood how to traverse it. Can't wait to see the aesthetics and theme come to life on this oneI do want to address top middle being very tight and all the ways to access it had to clamber which brought the gun down for the attacker when attacking say the person with the ball which made for easy Beat downs I'm definitely thinking some man cannons at the bottom to help you up top and as for the bottom whenever you fell down there it felt like this giant sinking feeling with despair with the mindset of thinking all crap now I got to go all the way back up there lol Power ups were in a interesting position although I didn't get to use it hardly we will simply have to run that map again soon :)
Great start though can't wait to see what you do with it

My map no feedback
I blocked off the 2 tunnels because I had the tree houses that connect to the bases on top of that side of the map, would it be worth taking those out and see if the addition of a 4th route helps the flow of objective game types? Thanks for the feedback!

GrayishPoppy210

Qualified
Apr 27, 2016
8v8 map testing

Hopefully the last time for this map-
Map name: Buccaneer v3
Gamertag: GrayishPoppy210
Gamemodes: slayer and strongholds

Not much gameplay changes. Mainly aesthetics...

JonFelixOssim

Master
Mar 18, 2016
California
Feedback for Saturday's Lobby BTB-

Prophets Fire: My map, no feedback.

Buccaneer: I have to say your new version is very much improved over the first version. The mancannons on the ship help player movement alot but I think atleast 1 more way up to the high cliffside where the houses are would be nice since that cliff is so tall and there is a long portion of just sheer cliff with no way up.I was thinking a mancannon from somewhere in the hollowed fort up to cliff or if you wanted to try something to really sell your pirate theme maybe make a wooden platform suspended by 2 ropes(cables) that raises and lowers automatically or with a switch, you can attach the ropes to the rock ceiling cliff. Also great job on the bigger destroyed forts, they are welcome change providing much needed cover.But having said that,in the playtests I didnt see many people use that area as much as I thought so maybe it still needs something to make players want to go there, how about a camo or overshield in the center of the fort maybe? I think it would be a nice pairing next to the nearby shotgun and also be a very noticeable reward for players who decide to explore the area. One other slight peoblem area is the rock that is connected by 3 bridges, that area needs a little cover atleast because its so open to almost every los on the map and there feels like there should be atleast something up there like a weapon of somesort or grenades atleast.You have a GREAT classic Pirate theme going but you have a few things breaking your illusion of that theme such as: 1) Metal modern Crates (you can use primitive blocks the same size as them and use the wood skin)
2) The modern neon lights on the pirate ship ( I'd say either use invisible lights or make torches like the ones in your house or cool lanterns)
3) The cones dont fit theme at all ( I think it would be awesome to place a skull on a stick to indicate where your kill barriers are, so much cooler than cones, especially for ur theme!)

One last thing I would add would be ofcourse some skulls to the ship; nothing screams Pirate more than the skull. You could maybe add Decal Skulls on the sail and also a few human skulls merged into the front and back or sides of the ship.
Last but certainly not least is your budget problem, I have a great idea but its up to you ofcourse if you agree. Your houses with all the small rectangles uses for the wall detail, you can delete a good amount of them, especially on the insides of the houses, your houses will still fit the theme and look great and im pretty sure you can get atleast 30 pieces or more which you can do alot with im sure! Well I hope this has been helpful, your map is really shaping up into something super fun and unique and with just a little extra polish it will be shining like a scallywags gold daubloon in no time!! :)

Traffic Jam:
This map is mostly the same as I playtested in Squallys lobby and it still plays very well.The playtests were messed up a bit with that spawn issue of ofcourse so I hope you sign up again for next weeks lobby so we can really get a proper test with no wrench thrown into things.Im really glad you finally went with the guass hog, I think it works well with this map which is hard to balance in most maps.I still think you should add an additional way up to the middle, in almost every playtest on this map I played, I never seem to go up to the top middle bridge because maybe im just too lazy to go all the way to the ends of it.. A couple more jump ups or a small simple lift on each side somewhere would work nice.Imo the middle area power position in almost any map should have as many access points as possible,especially a high ground middle like your map provides. Also I love the new tunnel area near the bases, Im pretty sure it wasnt there the first time I played this, great addition. Everything else is pretty solid and especially your weapon layout, absolutely love the plamsa casters on this map; never EVER change them!

Cargo Depot:

I dont think too much changed since the last test but I will say I really had alot of fun playing Assault on this and it is by far my favorite gametype that ive tested so far on here, it was a really good match too!
Had a blast with the Gungoose and made alot of last second "bomb planter" stops by using the trusty ol' goose! ;) The goose spawn in the crate was a bit akward to get into the crate, I would just merge that into the ground abit so players can walk straight into the box and not hop and bump their head.I personally am not a fan of 5 point Strongholds but it might be just me; I personally think that is just too much to keep track of and worry about killing all at the same time, which is why I miss Classic KOTH. But overall I think everything is ok with this map, I cant complain about too much elevation because you are recreating a level you saw from another game so you have to be true to that map layout your recreating for the most part. But I think CTF and Assault are the best gametypes on here ive played maybe I'll have to try 5 point Strongholds 1 more time just to be sure I dont like it lol! :)

Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if anyone noticed but I did add a new entry point to either DMR tower. It's a mancannon-lift combo originating on top of the crates under and outside the DMR spawn. I thought it'd be a nifty way to get up there without having to use the ramp but I didnt really see anyone using it. Anyway if you're having trouble with strongholds here's some tips. With 5 bases and a 3 base scoring threshold, the same basic tactics used in 4v4 3 base strongholds are still encouraged. If 5 bases seems like too much to focus on, look at it this way. There's 5 bases and 8 people on your team who can capture them. In SGDZ, it was teams of 6. Don't freak out about all 5 bases, just focus on controlling 3 of em, 8 players can easily do so. By now you might have noticed that the map layout, from a birdseye view, resembles the 5 dots on a dye, or an X. The ideal strongholds setup is to control a "triangle" of bases, meaning bottom mid has to be one of them. For instance, if you control red base, red room, and mid, the other team will continuously spawn at blue base, blue room, or blue wing (the area between blue base & room) and you can have most of your team just defend bottom mid. When I played SGDZ, my signature opening strat was to have 2 people push top mid, 2 push bottom mid, and 2 push all the way to the room to our immediate right, then rendevous at mid. You might have also noticed that all routes intersect with mid at some point. If you have the ideal setup and are defending mid, its important to know that there are 3 entry points the other team can push in from: bottom mid, smg spawn, and boltshot spawn. So just watch those and you're good. Of course that setup can be broken if the other team properly utilizes their sniper, hydra, shotgun, splinter turret, and gungoose. Those entry points are pretty narrow relative to the openness of mid but you could do something like jump on the gungoose and go all tokyo drift on mid while your teammates come out guns blazing behind you, I dont know. And if you cant seem to steal mid control you could alternatively wrap around to one of the bases behind it to disorient the other teams focus. Point being controlling mid is key. But the map layout kinda encourages situational strategies; sometimes its better to make an organized push for a base while other times its helpful to split up in groups of 2 or 3. Hope some of that helps.

Seeing as we could very likely do away with br starts and go back to magnums for btb (and also the mym contest) i'll be modifying some weapons on the map but everything gameplay wise will remain the same. I heard someone say during the last test that the aesthetics need work so i'll be working on that as well before final testings. Thanks for helping test my map bro!

Reactions: KILLtrOTTcity

KILLtrOTTcity

Proficient
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Thanks for the feedback. Not sure if anyone noticed but I did add a new entry point to either DMR tower. It's a mancannon-lift combo originating on top of the crates under and outside the DMR spawn. I thought it'd be a nifty way to get up there without having to use the ramp but I didnt really see anyone using it. Anyway if you're having trouble with strongholds here's some tips. With 5 bases and a 3 base scoring threshold, the same basic tactics used in 4v4 3 base strongholds are still encouraged. If 5 bases seems like too much to focus on, look at it this way. There's 5 bases and 8 people on your team who can capture them. In SGDZ, it was teams of 6. Don't freak out about all 5 bases, just focus on controlling 3 of em, 8 players can easily do so. By now you might have noticed that the map layout, from a birdseye view, resembles the 5 dots on a dye, or an X. The ideal strongholds setup is to control a "triangle" of bases, meaning bottom mid has to be one of them. For instance, if you control red base, red room, and mid, the other team will continuously spawn at blue base, blue room, or blue wing (the area between blue base & room) and you can have most of your team just defend bottom mid. When I played SGDZ, my signature opening strat was to have 2 people push top mid, 2 push bottom mid, and 2 push all the way to the room to our immediate right, then rendevous at mid. You might have also noticed that all routes intersect with mid at some point. If you have the ideal setup and are defending mid, its important to know that there are 3 entry points the other team can push in from: bottom mid, smg spawn, and boltshot spawn. So just watch those and you're good. Of course that setup can be broken if the other team properly utilizes their sniper, hydra, shotgun, splinter turret, and gungoose. Those entry points are pretty narrow relative to the openness of mid but you could do something like jump on the gungoose and go all tokyo drift on mid while your teammates come out guns blazing behind you, I dont know. And if you cant seem to steal mid control you could alternatively wrap around to one of the bases behind it to disorient the other teams focus. Point being controlling mid is key. But the map layout kinda encourages situational strategies; sometimes its better to make an organized push for a base while other times its helpful to split up in groups of 2 or 3. Hope some of that helps.

Seeing as we could very likely do away with br starts and go back to magnums for btb (and also the mym contest) i'll be modifying some weapons on the map but everything gameplay wise will remain the same. I heard someone say during the last test that the aesthetics need work so i'll be working on that as well before final testings. Thanks for helping test my map bro!
No problem! ; )
I guess I didn't notice the new entry point you made because I was too busy riding around and harassing the enemy team in the gungoose for most of the game lol! Sounds like a great addition though and yes adding a few aesthetic touches would help out this map.Try to come up with a specific theme for your map, maybe like a UNSC weapons or training facility or something you think would suit your map design and sell the story and theme with your aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.