Data Lost [Jul 26, 2016] Map Testing With INFINUT - Halo 5

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayishPoppy210

Qualified
Apr 27, 2016
If u have a space on Saturday. Grab the 1flag gametype in my bookmarks and give it a shot on lothric. (8v8)

Map name: lothric
Gametag: GrayishPoppy210
Gamemode: 1flag something or other. (Not quite sure what i called it but it's the only thing with 1flag in the title)

Reactions: KILLtrOTTcity

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
4v4 Friday lineup

Installation 05
Gt: D4rkpr1nc3
Ctf & Strongholds

GT: King Kantalope
Map: Vivarium
Gamemodes: CTF+Assault

Map: Resolute
Gt: N3gativeZer0
Gamemodes: slayer/strongholds

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Some feedback from previous BTB maps

Buccaneer v3
I know you're pretty much looking to move on from buccaneer and it's in the last stages but a few things like I don't want to Bring up. So far it's been nothing but improvements :) couple things I would like to see differently and think you'd improve the gameplay is having the shit moved in between the bases having the sail Will be a great sight blocker from base to base or keep the ship there and I have the sail broken a pie in the middle and it's kind of leaning towards the middle of the map now be pretty cool as far as that cave that really separates itself and the rest the map I think it be pretty cool Open up the face the cave with a lot of stalactites kind a like the caves in Apex 7 in war zone
Also how about the part where you can capture the house from the second floor and first floor I Kinda think that's cool and at first thought I was going to say probably only use one floor for the hill but screw it lol
Is a good map to have in the testing lobby
Thanks

Traffic jam
We talked about this in party chat the day of my lobby in the day of psycheducks lobby providing feedback but after looking at a lot of the game play in Theater I was noticing that hardly anybody was going towards those back sidewalk things where the Turrets are thinking maybe they may not be necessary or if there is a better spot for it just because nobody really used them even me and I absolutely love using Turrets
For me personally it's the thought of going back away from the action to grab this current which limits my mobility to get back into the action so I feel like I'm wasting time so that might be something we could address
To fight my stubborn view on heading that arm site where it was initially for the bomb I thought it was cool to have that tough spot to actually get that arm off but completely understand with moving that back out of that three-way intersection
Overall though Mr. Stone love it

Prophets fire
This one definitely has a little bit of a learning curve just because of the way the symmetry is it took me only two games but after that I completely understand the layout and it definitely is an interesting one something we don't see too often so kudos to that
I was thinking can we open up some vehicle routes some more clear pathing for it because I used a vehicle for the first time I think last Saturday realizing it was pretty rough to the traverse always kind of getting caught him some structure really that's all it was I think it would benefit the map a lot to move some of those standing platforms for the middle maybe closer or make them smaller or push the objects around the out side back? Pretty much like I just sent a little more room for the vehicles will be super nice
Looking at it and forge right now I do notice that from your base you can see all the way to the right side from end to end maybe sight blocker? :)
I think this will also help assaulting the base
Good stuff mr king
Awaiting your new project tonight!

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Feedback for 4v4 maps

Four towers
Breaking this map down there's not really a whole lot of incentive to push through middle and the reason being is that their base overlooks the entirety of the mid and even the High Point of the opponent base so if you were to play this extremely competitively there would be hardly any motivation to push and less you had saved two-man advantage over the other team
I would agree with making some high points for your base but nothing entire thing there is literally no reason to push past middle so I would treat if anything something covered Twinkie notes along the sides that maybe take you up to the height of your bases to counter the enemy base
What also might help is not having a battle rifle on the map that way they can quickly get picked off once they pass through mid this might let the player feel more confident to be pushing to or through middle knowing that they're not going to get two shotted
Breakout was definitely nice change of pace I like to see some improvements on this and back into the testing lobby :)

Sentinel
If I try to say anything bad about this map of punch myself in the groin....
You would have to be so damn picky or just looking for your own personal preference if you were to change anything
Killer job sir 0
Nothing but improvements

Memnoch
The layout is what it is fantastic job addressing the pathing with the aesthetics you put in there
It's a runner-up map voted by people in the community.. right there already tells you the A+ work here
Good stuff bru bru

Installation 05
It's a cool concept and also very pretty few things I was noticing that this one was the spawning seem to be pushed to the top left or top right of the map when someone had Control of bottom and one of the bases so it became very predictable with Eric going to be coming from
Maybe look at some of the spawning there?
My main thing and it's kind of the same with your cryptum map is I would like to see more variation of heights within the terrain going to create some higher points of the top or you can oversee other parts of the enemy side that way this will create some key spots to hold when you're on the top floor it felt like anywhere was no better than any other place on the top side
The bases were cool the bottom it was cool pretty solid map like to see some of the feedback implemented and the map back in the testing lab next week.
Also a nice halo 2 feel to it
Good stuff dark

Vivarium
I did like this one really the only thing that I would like see changed would be being able to jump out of the front of your base but not be able to jump from middle to the bases
Separation of bars could be a little closer because it definitely does look like you can go through it as I tried in several other people did I don't really have much a problem with bottom of the sightlines aside I love the cylinders alongside the staircases those pretty cool the matches did go pretty quick but I honestly feel like that's because the map is still new and people need to get used to a layout like thatonce people initially Spohn in for the first time playing a map they all spread out away from the base which leaves your bees completely open so those quick few captures will happen and I'm at the small and tight is thatI like it and we all just simply need to play more

Resolute
You never disappoint couple of nitpicky things I did see
Slayer I absolutely have no issues at all with very fun weapons were cool and easy to traverse it was great
Strongholds however I did feel like the weapons need to be changed as far as power weapons to something a little less powerful A rocket launcher definitely is too powerful being that you can send a rock it was in the middle of the hill and kill everybody in it sniper could be fine as long is the point at which where you stand to see two of the Hills is very vulnerable and that Kinda happened I feel because I noticed a lot of people responding very low on the map so when I got a sniper and I got up to a point where I can see both hills I was not in a super vulnerable spot and most people that Spawn would stay low and try to capture the two pills outside and bottom mid or they came up after me and I was able to quickly get down our Duck down mid the I can stay within cover
Op you invited me to a party lol
I'll talk to you there lol

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Feedback for 2v2

High wall

Interesting piece this one Oh gosh the suicides in the first match! Lol
It's nice to say that a lot of this map was used having several missions pretty fun didn't seem to have many weakspots all spots seem to have its own power if the teamwork was there but in the same sense that could have you on motivated to move around which might turn into some camping style gameplay but it's up to you if you like to create that type of fight fight
Also if you want to completely serious about them at the teleporter in the fire probably shouldn't be there unless there's some type of seamer story behind it I just may not know of but it's not intuitive to actually have a lesson something casual if you watch the stream I was completely flustered when I was fighting my enemy and just I felt like I was randomly Glitched to a separate Part of the map totally freaked me out lol
So if you were going to take those out will need some other ways to get from bottom to the upper level like those little balconies that you have next to that fire to be a small lift or maybe a jump up from that balcony?
The weapon choice was cool
And The usefulness of these weapons did determined and where the team decided to kind of hold out
no complaints there though :)
Good stuff stone

Kings court
We discussed in party chat of the few things that may be needed
Just a reminder that damage boost repositioned and some flags or banners for red and blue side :)

Colossal
Layout fantastic aesthetics are solid
The only thing this map really needs is a rearrangement of weapons or weapon placement and two of the scale of the walking paths we felt a little too close being shoulder shoulder with your teammate
For the weapons I would say more effective weapons on the red and blue side maybe move the plasma caster to red and blue Spawn The map was kind of easy to control or predict enemy spawns because of how powerful the middle was
That's really it I feel besides these few easy fixes this map is awesome good stuff!
Watch the stream we gave some good feedback in there too

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
2v2 Tuesday lineup

Map: Tlaloc
Gamemodes: Strongholds and Oddball

Gt: INFINUT
Map: SHORT CIRCUIT V2
Gamemodes: stronghold/slayer

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
2v2 Tuesday lineup

Gamemodes: Strongholds and Oddball

Map: SHORT CIRCUIT V2
Gamemodes: stronghold/slayer
Oh, sea barnicles, I forgot about tonight's test! Sorry about that. Dang ol' Netflix took me from reality!

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
4v4 Friday lineup

Map GRAVE TEST
Ganemodes: ctf/Assualt

Map: High Rise
Gamemodes: slayer/CTF
Gt N3gat1veZer0

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Feedback for a couple of previous maps

Not much bad you can say about this map
Power positions flanking routes verticality great scenery good mood a great size for 2v2 The weapon choice was very choice ;D
I'd recommend this
Although there was a consensus and I agree that "shelter" & "ally" are a little too tight I was thinking if you took the stronghold itself and cozied it up next to the wall or put it underneath the ground and raised the boundary or something like that to get the stronghold out-of-the-way it would make for more enjoyable attacking and defending
Besides that i love it
It just runs very well
This map is definitely in it's final stages and only needs the minor tweaks if any

Reactions: Kantalope

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Map: Prophets Deception

This is definitely your best work yet!
This Layout is a lot more comprehensive so navigating it was no issue I did noticed that there was one Spawn point that every single time let me into a wall and I had to turn around so look for that Spawn point
Plenty of weapons and vehicles are good color and lighting looks nice I love triangles and wedges inside the bases was fun to use to try to combat and ambush the enemy
I like the boundaries and get us some life when you see a drop zone with some dead covenant this makes it feel like you're not just trapped in a box
I would like to see if you have those invisible blockers gone in middle this way when I take the lift I do like to thrust off to the side that way when the hear me take the lift they look toward the middle but I'm not there so my personal opinion I'd like to not have those invisible blockers I did like assault on this I'm totally content for the bomb Spohn's and where the arm sites are they seem realistic and if the enemy team is arming it seems like there is enough chance for the defended him to knock him off
Strongholds it was pretty clear that everything was gravitating towards middle I was just trying moving those around to try to create a little bit more diverse flow
Long with the starting and ending cinematics this is definitely a good complete map and again your best so far!
I would like to try CTF again and strongholds next week!

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
Feedback for a couple of previous maps

Not much bad you can say about this map
Power positions flanking routes verticality great scenery good mood a great size for 2v2 The weapon choice was very choice ;D
I'd recommend this
Although there was a consensus and I agree that "shelter" & "ally" are a little too tight I was thinking if you took the stronghold itself and cozied it up next to the wall or put it underneath the ground and raised the boundary or something like that to get the stronghold out-of-the-way it would make for more enjoyable attacking and defending
Besides that i love it
It just runs very well
This map is definitely in it's final stages and only needs the minor tweaks if any
Thanks for the feedback! I hope that you can forgive my rage in the BTB lobby last night :/

KILLtrOTTcity

Proficient
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Map: Prophets Deception (8v8)
Gametype: CTF (Magnums)

Map: Snow Drowned (8v8)
Gametype: CTF (Magnums)
Gamertag:KILLtrOTTcity

PS: If possible, I would prefer not to run my maps back to back in the lobby. Also I am now convinced that we need you in the official lobbies to get a full BTB test going, our lobbies will only get full when you join it seems.So what I'm saying is , You Are The Man!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: INFINUT

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
Map: Installation 05 (4v4)
Gamemodes: Slayer and Strongholds
Gt: D4rkpr1nc3

Based on feedback: I swapped over shield for speed boost, altered the terrain and removed some trees to improve sight lines. Also made it easier to clamber on rocks and structures.

Last edited:

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
Map: Amphitheatre Red
Gamemodes: Assault, Strongholds

The whole cliffside has been made it's own courtyard of sorts, and the weapon set is completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.