Data Lost [Jul 26, 2016] Map Testing With INFINUT - Halo 5

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoastingLamb

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
Hi all,

I would like to submit a map for testing. I may not be able to join due to timezone difference, work etc. :((((((

Map Name: The Breaking V2 Beta 2
GT: RoastingLamb
Gamemodes: 4 v 4 Team Slayer and Strongholds
Desc: A Lockout/Guardian style map with a Sunaion theme
Event: Next Friday evening (4 v 4 core)

Kind regards,

RoastingLamb

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Hi all,

I would like to submit a map for testing. I may not be able to join due to timezone difference, work etc. :((((((

Map Name: The Breaking V2 Beta 2
GT: RoastingLamb
Gamemodes: 4 v 4 Team Slayer and Strongholds
Desc: A Lockout/Guardian style map with a Sunaion theme
Event: Next Friday evening (4 v 4 core)

Kind regards,

RoastingLamb
It shall be tested!

GrayishPoppy210

Qualified
Apr 27, 2016
I watched a bit of your stream on twitch. There's certainly some issues I need to address with the map. I'll be sure to sort out those spawns in strongholds. I didn't watch it all. So still post feedback on here pls.

Also I've got another map for next week

buccaneer
4v4 slayer and strongholds

Raptor086

Novice
Nov 21, 2014
Biggest adjustments to date on Rendezvous based on the feedback I've gotten the last few tests... If you're still planning on running 2v2 testing on Tuesday, I'd like to sign up.

Rendezvous
Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball

Reactions: INFINUT

KILLtrOTTcity

Proficient
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
(Feedback for Maps played on Saturday May 7th)

Great job on hosting as always Infinut, you are amazing at it and its a real treat to be able to test our maps twice each in one session.

Prophets Fire - My map so no feedback but I will just say I was very happy on how CTF played especially in its very first test.

Meltdown- You have done an excellent job in recreating one of the best Halo 4 Bigteam maps out there.I think everything is pretty spot on, the scale seemed very close to the original if not perfect.
There were a few easily fixable issues one is some of the geometry in the bases on the floor was waaay too bumpy and needs to be smoothed out.I think it was the container crates that were causing the issue.You could maybe just use invisible walls over them to make walking over them snoother or better yet replace them alltogether with other pieces. Also I noticed that you placed the Mantis on the bottom level when it was originally on the top level in Halo 4 just across the bridge.I dont see a real need for this change and I think its better to stay true to the original version.One other minor thing is the mancannons on the side walls seem a little akward on how they are not properly merged, that should be able to be fixed just to make them look cleaner basically. The only other problem I encountered in the playtest was in the bottom middle trench there was a grav lift that I kept running into with vehicles nearly getting stuck into it with evey pass, that just needs to be cleaned up a bit to allow vehicles to pass through that area a bit more cleanly as I never remember running into that issue in the H4 version. Great job on this map, after playing this I realize just how much I miss this map from Halo 4!

Caracalla Park- I can't believe just how fast you keep pumping out quality Forge maps like this! This map is pretty spot on to what I remember in my mind from Reach.This was always one of my favorite firefight maps and it was a great idea to turn it into a BTB map,all the map geometry is beautifully done especially the epic bridge and the middle with the overhangs and stairs.I think teams may have been a bit unbalanced on the assault game we played so you should definitely test that again.I do think the 2 Wraiths on each side might be a bit much especially on objective games,I could see them being abused especially in objective games if players decided to camp their bases with them it would be nearly impossible to make an effective assault on the enemy base if one or even both Wraiths decided to play defensively. I know you probably did that to keep the epic feel of the firefight map from Reach, I probably would of tried the same. Maybe if there were a rockethog to counter them that would atleast make a viable counter for Wraiths and a vehicle to more effectively make objective runs with but would kinda make the standard hogs obsolete. Id say 1 Wraith per side would be better but it would be cool to keep all the Wraiths for Slayer only.I did think that Strongholds played so much better than assault and may be the signature gametype of this map, but I would love to play CTF and Slayer before making that conclusion.The only other issue I noticed with the map is the Sniper can be too easily abused on this map, I personally believe not every map needs a sniper but I know many wouldn't agree with me.. The "Upper mid deck" area is a Snipers dream on this map and I could see a skilled sniper abusing and terrorizing the enemy team and possibly spawn killing them as well.So I say due to the more open nature of the map a Sniper isnt truly needed but if you must keep it then atleast make the Spawn 180 and maybe limit the spare clip to 1.Also im not sure where it spawns but I wouldn't have it spawn in a dominant higher up position, atleast make the sniper earn that power position. Overall amazing job on this map and I cant wait to play more.
If 343 ever decided to make a heavies playlist this would be one of my dream maps to see in that list with a few more heavy weapons ofcourse, so please submit this if they ever announce heavies!

Outpost 77- This map played very well overall and had some really nice elevation to it. I think there were some issues with spawning in eachother base on occassion which can easily be fixed ofcourse with spawnzones. I love that you included so much water from the Alpine cavas, to me maps with alot of water make things feel alot more believable and immersive. I do think that the bottom area is really open though so maybe put a bit more cover for infantry via rocks or structures down there.Also maybe a couple more ways up into the bases since they seem like pretty dominant defending positions.The base I was defending had on questionable incline that was so steep I think I was unable to climb it while trying to grab a flag we were trying to score. The mancannon down in the water really was a good idea and was definitely necessary, imo it could use a bit more structure instead of a simple platform with railing but its not the biggest deal.One possible issue in the base i was in directly across the bridge is that there was a really high platform or power position that overlooks directly into our base where our flag was, i remember on several occasions fighting people that were up there shooting down upon me, I just feel that it is a bit too high and powerful of a position overlooking our base and a good team could easily camp and abuse that area.I would have to playtest again to know for sure as I was unable to make it up to that position during the playtest.

Unistreet -
This map is a bit rough around the edges but has alot of potential.I like the overall layout but you desperately need atleast some elevation changes on the bottom roads to provide more cover and gameplay variety.I did have alot of fun zooming around the map in the ghost, I would say a warthog might be fun as well though maybe the map is a tad bit too small for the hog, not sure. Another issue but an easily fixable one is the posts you used to block the vehicles from going in certain areas are way too close together and I found myself bumping into and manuvering around them alot on foot which was slightly annoying. I really need to play this map again too give more valuable feedback but alltogether this map mostly needs more elevation on the bottom level and probably a couple more easily accessible ways to get up top levels.One more thing is maybe just a personal preference but I think the rocket is a bit too powerful on this map since it is on the smaller side, maybe try switching it with a plasma caster or fuelrod or something else. I think someone could easily camp their base and defend the flag a bit too easily with that weapon if they chose to do so.Great job overall, hopefully we can play this again sometime soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: d4rkpr1nc3

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
4v4 Friday feedback

Derelict - this map was a head on collision being that the layout is simply one long hallway with a few routes stemming out away from it Big issue with this Map layout is that one team can simply be dominated by another team of even slightly more skill I would suggest creating more routesand/or at least weapons to be able to get out of your base. The lighting was also a little too dark and making it difficult for a new player to see what's around their feet if anything also I noticed where you havethose doors and that blast shield decals you could simply make that door open and create a route from that door towards the middle this way your team does not have to use that main hallway preventing you from getting Spohn trap I did kind of see the push and pull with that one hallway and this could even work as a Ro-sham-bo map

Blade - I enjoyed this one the theme that you went for was pretty cool I would like to see more Escape routes during encounters there was simply no where to go. I was knocking my feet on geometry trying to get some of the weapons the weapons can be placed in the same areas but in more sensible spots like placing them more towards the middle of the pathways rather than sticking them on the side of the walls. The camo was placed too close to the ground which made it unobtainable. Easy fixes. A bit big but that's allright. I did notice A lot of positions on the map had only one way to get to them and for strongholds being that the strongholds where in those spots made it very difficult to attack The rolling dust and fog gave a good limited site distance which fits the theme this was a fun one I simply think make each position on this map more accessible in more ways to get around this would play a lot smoother and a little less frustrating

Waist high - feedback givin through chat proceeding the lobby

Constructed - feedback givin though chat proceeding the lobby

GRAVE TEST - my map

Reactions: GrayishPoppy210

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
8v8 Saturday

Prophets fire - definitely a step up from your last map good job aesthetically looks good and has a nice size to it for an 8V8 the vehicles were plentiful and entertaining though it might be better to slow down the respawn times on all these vehicles or at least some of the bigger ones this way it Will entice make a more distinct time of the event that some bigger vehicles are out rather than having the feeling that there's always some giant tank around every corner also I believe this will give players that are on foot a little more comfortable feeling to be out on the vehicle pass that hide or feel the need to be using the buildings to get around the whole time. Like how the whole map is kind of split down the middle by this death bit it's obvious that it's there so that's a good thing it is cool to be on the other side of that landmass and watch a warthog a wraith launching himself onto your side, had a few really cool moments of where a wraith Or warthog was flying over my head that's a thumbs up so pretty cool to have a symmetrical Map cut diagonally I can't remember where but I think there was a teleporter that was not working I might be mistaken again much better than the last map keep it up :)

Meltdown - this was a remake so as far as layout that set in stone but as far as the aesthetics and theme you pulled it off Great the scaling in the map seems right the only thing I noticed was a little bit of rough spots of geometry in the bass getting my feet snagged on some things but yeah looks fantastic great job brought back some great memories and worked very well with Halo five

CARACALLA PARK - my map

Outpost 77 - feedback provided in chat proceeding lobby

Unistreet - I played this map with several fire team sizes and seems a little small for 8v8, seems like a 6v6 all and all the map is pretty good i'd like to see something done with bottom middle because I feel like that is just a certain death trap unless you go there for the over shield and in that case you most likely will simply lose it immediately there is a jump that I really want to make jumping from on top of the cars to that railing I can't quite make that jump and I think it would be fantastic if I could also a little variation of heights to the bottom floor it's a big flat plane The map looks good and was fun to play on given that it was pretty easy to tell where to go and where I should be during the course of a match good stuff corn

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
Thanks for the feedback on meltdown! I'll try to clean up the bases and move the Mantis spawns. Thanks!

I don't know what to do about the lifts in bottom mid, they don't interact properly with vehicles and the vehicle barriers don't stop a mantis. Maybe I just need to switch what type of lift and see if that helps

Reactions: KILLtrOTTcity

KILLtrOTTcity

Proficient
Feb 16, 2013
Texas
Thanks for the feedback on meltdown! I'll try to clean up the bases and move the Mantis spawns. Thanks!

I don't know what to do about the lifts in bottom mid, they don't interact properly with vehicles and the vehicle barriers don't stop a mantis. Maybe I just need to switch what type of lift and see if that helps
No problem, cant wait to play it again sometime soon! Maybe try another lift like you said or perch the lift on some small platform or rock or you could use a mancannon merged partially into the cliffside facing up to make more room for vehicles to ssqueeze by.I never got totally caught into the lift with a vehicle but it just seemed to get in my path alot while I was lapping circles around the middle.Its not the biggest problem but I just dont ever remember running into it in H4 so it didn't feel right to me.

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
No problem, cant wait to play it again sometime soon! Maybe try another lift like you said or perch the lift on some small platform or rock or you could use a mancannon merged partially into the cliffside facing up to make more room for vehicles to ssqueeze by.I never got totally caught into the lift with a vehicle but it just seemed to get in my path alot while I was lapping circles around the middle.Its not the biggest problem but I just dont ever remember running into it in H4 so it didn't feel right to me.
I replaced the lifts in bottom mid with rocks to clamber up to the top level, this takes away the mantis glitch and Adds a halo 5 mechanic. As for the other launchers, the reason I have them at the angle that I do is that they glitch if I make them anymore flat. The player gets stuck and just hovers there.

Reactions: KILLtrOTTcity

d4rkpr1nc3

Novice
Feb 14, 2016
I would like to submit a new map for 8v8 testing.

Map: Cryptum
Modes: Strongholds/ctf
Gamertag: D4rkpr1nc3

Forerunner/Requiem inspired btb map that was co-forged with lLSilentll. Looking for general and layout feedback (bases, caves, vehicle lanes, routes, etc.). This map hasn't been played at all yet.

Kantalope

Master
Feb 24, 2013
I'd like to get back in the groove of things, show of my a e s t h e t i c expertise to the forging community.
Pick one, bubby:

Map: 'Amphitheatre Alt'
Modes: CTF Strongholds(and Assault if we have the time :p)
Download Link

Map: 'Vivarium WIP'
Modes: CTF, Assault
Download Link

Gamertag: King Kantalope

INFINUT

Qualified
Feb 19, 2016
Lineup for 4v4 Friday

Map Name:
The Breaking V2 Beta 2