What Are You Working On?

...video...
Those were pretty nice, and Zandril is pretty awesome. If you're still looking for inspiration, you should check out the Burrows (if you haven't seen it already), it features a really well done static subway train. And on a somewhat less impressive note, I helped my buddy ill ian314 build two static monorail-kinda-style trains on his map, Cyberpunk City. They were very cheap but nice enough for what we needed. We put them on either side of the map and threw a teleporter in there so you could shoot from one to the other, as if you were taking the train to the other side of the map.

Weide89

Novice
Feb 22, 2014
Sweden
Ok so this is my map after Lost Mission Fire, called "Lost Mission Last Stand" (Also Co-op)
Description:
Spartans final stand at post Glory against the flood.
Can they hold it or be forced to give up
Glory?
There is only 6 Initial spawns for spartans, so red team 6 players and blue 8 players to make this work.
So this will be played with Plague gametype mod with my own settings. And it is set to 8 starting flood players(Don't know how this will work in bigger lobbies) and it's a pretty small map.
There is 3 terminals to activate to give more cover, and 4 turrets.
LM Last Stand Example.jpg

"S" Initial spawn for spartans
"F" Initial and respawn for flood
What do you guys think so far? (Map is pretty much done, Budget 9995)

Note: Spartans spawn in that airship thing and gets 10 seconds to pick his/her favorite weapon

Attachments

• LM Last Stand  Example 2.jpg
    LM Last Stand Example 2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 168

AlexJ189

BK Forger Extraordinaire
Aug 20, 2013
Narnia
@jason x 185 @HardcoreTots @The 0micron @TurbTastic @TheRedEyedDevil @Juanez Sanchez @Sgt x Slaphead @Cassel @NukedIceCream @OrionHardy @Zandril @Darkrain491

Hey guys I need some opinions on some of the sections on Overlook.

1. The shortcut. Do I need it? Removing it would allow me to remove the split section just after it and make the track more "casual friendly".
Shortcut:
ugcuserfile-6f2e42d4-664e-4169-9f0c-1ce05e2b5bd0-7149d4479115b8a1-full.jpg

No shortcut:
ugcuserfile-27494449-514d-4fde-8e44-b10d48fc3b20-b0404e7437dff684-full.jpg
2. The collision section. On the tournament version the collision section had to be removed to make the racing fair. I replaced it with a slightly cambered U-turn that seems to have turned out pretty well. Would you prefer it if I left the collision section in (for more fun racing) on the standard version or do you think it should be removed (for fairer racing)?
Collision section:
ugcuserfile-15923772-6cc8-4cc0-a5a9-fa244dca5804-5e0a24a718a58ce6-full.jpg

U-turn:
ugcuserfile-69c7aea4-fc26-44a2-b492-49f4e66a4366-0928dd26526da7da-full.jpg

Last edited:

The 0micron

Selppin
Jan 27, 2013
@jason x 185 @HardcoreTots @The 0micron @TurbTastic @TheRedEyedDevil @Juanez Sanchez @Sgt x Slaphead @Cassel @NukedIceCream @OrionHardy @Zandril @Darkrain491

Hey guys I need some opinions on some of the sections on Overlook.

1. The shortcut. Do I need it? Removing it would allow me to remove the split section just after it and make the track more "casual friendly".
2. The collision section. On the tournament version the collision section had to be removed to make the racing fair. I replaced it with a slightly cambered U-turn that seems to have turned out pretty well. Would you prefer it if I left the collision section in (for more fun racing) on the standard version or do you think it should be removed (for fairer racing)?
Collision section:
View attachment 8186
U-turn:
View attachment 8185
I like the shortcut, but I think it would be more casual and fair without it, due to it being slightly hidden from sight. and regards to the split, I'm more of a fan without it honestly. I dont like running into walls.

Feb 25, 2013
Currently, aside from Industry ( which is getting in it's final stages :) ) I am working on a hive mind/phaegin map on impact using the colorblind effect. It is a large map and has a nice atmosphere. Also, I'm working on a linear map on forge island that takes place on a coastal highway :)

Feb 25, 2013
Warthog phase? Like Reach's Coastal Highway? *cough* did it first *cough*

jk. I'd like to test Industry again soon, man. You should join one of meh testing lobbies soon.
Ummm I know you included a warthog, but I'm putting it in for the WHOLE game :p. just tell me whenever you have a lobby! I'll be happy to join I'm just always busy or tend to forget!