TMCC : Forge Discussion

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Do you guys have issues to fix framerate ?
Right now I don't have any problems, but I guess I will when I'm going to make a map with 100 large cliffs. :laugh:
As you can see in Turb's thread stressed lighting budget causes framerate drops. If it's empty you're in big trouble. Better use blocks for the most parts of the map is the best tip I can give someone right now.

ReclaimerX22

Master
May 28, 2013
I have a question: You shoot a block, it disappears and respawns after a certain amount of time - possible or not? Has anyone found that out yet?

You would have to shoot a switch, not the block itself. You could try having the switch activate a timer- toggle maybe?

has anyone created a high resolution exploded view of the palettes for each canvas?

They're all the same, unfortunately.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
You would have to shoot a switch, not the block itself. You could try having the switch activate a timer- toggle maybe?
Hmm, I want it in that way how I described it. I'm too busy right now to get into the "hidden possibilities" of the MCC Forge, so if anyone finds that trick out I would be very happy to know about it.

Jan 29, 2013

They're all the same, unfortunately.

but has anyone created such a high res at all?

I haven't purchased MCC, and I would like to see what it includes. If the pic is good quality I would hang it on my web site.

-Orzium-

Distinguished
I am loving this forge on Halo 2 immensely however, I think it is designed around creating competitive maps and certainty not infection maps. The upgrades in this forge are great for saving time, but due to the loss of both rougher textured pieces and smaller more intricate pieces like the dominion category in halo 4 has servilely limited the infection forgers. Maps will be created for infection however their themes will be lacking and in my eyes, theme's in infection map's is of most importance. WHAT DO ALL YOU GUYS THINK?

Gabotron ES

Novice
Feb 9, 2014
I am loving this forge on Halo 2 immensely however, I think it is designed around creating competitive maps and certainty not infection maps. The upgrades in this forge are great for saving time, but due to the loss of both rougher textured pieces and smaller more intricate pieces like the dominion category in halo 4 has servilely limited the infection forgers. Maps will be created for infection however their themes will be lacking and in my eyes, theme's in infection map's is of most importance. WHAT DO ALL YOU GUYS THINK?
Scripting alone will give us one of the best infection experiences I'm sure.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Scripting combined with new gametype options will give us much more freedom with creating infection experiences. We'll have to adapt to the new object palette, but once we do we'll have no difficulty crafting interesting themes for our maps. That goes for all categories of maps, not just Infection. The lack of the intricate Dominion objects is a shame, but that'll be easy enough to work around. We have more options now than we ever have in the past, even if we're missing a few things here and there.

REMkings

BIOC Leader, Flood Guru
Jan 1, 2013
I don't have the game nor do I have an Xbox One, but I can tell that you're definitely able to create interesting themes because there are still plenty of pieces with different textures. Yes, the lack of a Dominion section is a great loss, but it requires you to once again be creative and there are lots of ways to work your way around it. Again, this is coming from someone who doesn't even have the game yet.

And furthermore I agree with Ducky.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
A little tip: Try not to make a map with trait zones. In a big lobby they often don't load. Just warning you...

In general parts of a complex map don't load in a big lobby which is really annoying. All the hard work that was put in doesn't work just because of issues of the game.

A little tip: Try not to make a map with trait zones. In a big lobby they often don't load. Just warning you...

In general parts of a complex map don't load in a big lobby which is really annoying. All the hard work that was put in doesn't work just because of issues of the game.

...Even in a small lobby. I wanted to put a wraith in my invasion map but it just wouldn't spawn. This also happened when I put a grid as a barrier, it didn't spawn either.

The trait zones work, though; though I have yet to test the map in a full lobby.

ReclaimerX22

Master
May 28, 2013
Why do spawns and objectives now count towards the object limit? They were always $0 towards the budget in previous games, but now suddenly with next gen hardware they need to be limited? What the heck?