TMCC : Forge Discussion

Sigh... really? My invasion map has 650/650 pieces- though I guess that is the case since people kept lagging out in my custom lobby. I need help :(

However only certain people lagged out, though, not all of them... it might just be my connection.

Once you get above about 500 objects, people will have more and more issues loading in. A tad over 500 might be OK, but maxing it out is going to have issues. I don't know if it's the game, Microsoft's new Xbox Multiplayer system, 0r both, but it's best if you cut down on your pieces.

Feb 25, 2013
Once you get above about 500 objects, people will have more and more issues loading in. A tad over 500 might be OK, but maxing it out is going to have issues. I don't know if it's the game, Microsoft's new Xbox Multiplayer system, 0r both, but it's best if you cut down on your pieces.
Can you feel the next-gen?

Do scripting pieces add more issues or less issues than regular pieces? I need to know this. Also, will spawning in objects later in-game such that not all 650 pieces are there at all times decrease the issues?

buddhacrane

Proficient
Nov 2, 2014
Do scripting pieces add more issues or less issues than regular pieces? I need to know this. Also, will spawning in objects later in-game such that not all 650 pieces are there at all times decrease the issues?

I can tell you, from experience working on my puzzle map, that delaying the spawning of objects decreases the time of the "Generating Lighting" loading screen (and you won't get generated lighting on those objects of course).

Some have theorised that it's the "Generating Lighting" screen that's causing people to lag out, maybe (i.e. if that screen takes too long, such that it goes beyond the regular 10 second Deploying countdown then, as Off-Host, yer out!).

I don't generally require large parties, but I imagine this could be tested without too much difficulty. Just fill a map with a bunch of expensive objects (Wall Coliseums, etc), such that it won't load for a large party; then delay spawn all those objects, and see if the map then loads for that party.

By that same logic, scripting pieces should not be problematic either, given that there's no lighting to generate on a Switch/Timer/Trigger since that they don't visibly exist.

I can tell you, from experience working on my puzzle map, that delaying the spawning of objects decreases the time of the "Generating Lighting" loading screen (and you won't get generated lighting on those objects of course).

Some have theorised that it's the "Generating Lighting" screen that's causing people to lag out, maybe (i.e. if that screen takes too long, such that it goes beyond the regular 10 second Deploying countdown then, as Off-Host, yer out!).

I don't generally require large parties, but I imagine this could be tested without too much difficulty. Just fill a map with a bunch of expensive objects (Wall Coliseums, etc), such that it won't load for a large party; then delay spawn all those objects, and see if the map then loads for that party.

By that same logic, scripting pieces should not be problematic either, given that there's no lighting to generate on a Switch/Timer/Trigger since that they don't visibly exist.

Ah, I see. Thanks!

Op618

Novice
Jan 21, 2014
Are you at 50 files yet? If so, 50 files is the limit that you can have (50 locally, another 50 on your file share). This sucks, I know, but that's how it is. If you want, you gotta delete an old map, or upload it onto your FS first then delete it.
I have zero maps though lol :( . I think I mite try and save a smaller map and see if will unglitch it.

By the same logic, does that mean that scenery objects will also not cause this to happen?

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Even though it might be obvious for some people, it is not for me (and others); and I don't know why nobody has posted this yet.
How do you paint structures with the teams' colours? I thought if you put 'team colour', it changes back to white again at the beginning of the round? Can someone explain me that?

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Even though it might be obvious for some people, it is not for me (and others); and I don't know why nobody has posted this yet.
How do you paint structures with the teams' colours? I thought if you put 'team colour', it changes back to white again at the beginning of the round? Can someone explain me that?

So long as you are playing a team game the team colors will show up in game just fine. If you are not playing a team game I believe the team colors will not work, you will have to use object colors.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
So long as you are playing a team game the team colors will show up in game just fine. If you are not playing a team game I believe the team colors will not work, you will have to use object colors.
But how do I paint the objects with them (to get Brown or Pink)? I am in Forge right now and when I go from Red to Team Colour it stays red. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
But how do I paint the objects with them? I am in Forge right now and when I go from Red to Team Colour it stays red. I don't get it.
I don't understand what you are trying to say by "Paint." Each object has parts of it that change color, and parts that do not.

To get it back to neutral color, try changing both team and object color to neutral/ no color, then change one to red and back to neutral, then the other to red and back to neutral. One should fix the problem.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I don't understand what you are trying to say by "Paint." Each object has parts of it that change color, and parts that do not.

To get it back to neutral color, try changing both team and object color to neutral/ no color, then change one to red and back to neutral, then the other to red and back to neutral. One should fix the problem.
Okay sorry. What I mean is: How do I get colours like Brown or Pink as the secondary block colour? I don't know how to do that, but like everyone has been using it lately...

Skyward Shoe

Platinum in Destiny
Dec 24, 2012
Redmond, Washington
Okay sorry. What I mean is: How do I get colours like Brown or Pink as the secondary block colour? I don't know how to do that, but like everyone has been using it lately...
The "team color" option and the "object color" option actually have different shades of color. "Team Color 6" is the dark brown you are thinking of.

Jan 16, 2013
No problem. Not sure why they did that with the color system but it worked out to our advantage.

Allow me to enlighten you fellows.

"Team Colors" are read straight from the game-type scripting and as the included game-types use a colour pallet that tries to simulate that of the original Halo 2, those are the colours that the game references to as colours 1 - 8 for all H2A base game-types. If we were able to mod game-types in the same way as Halo 4, we would be able to set colours of our choice for this category, however this game-type would always have to be used for this to be in effect. This also is why team colours don't work in FFA, the game will search for the requested colour but it won't be available in the currently used script to reference to, therefore resetting to neutral.

"Object Colors" are map specific and are hard coded into that play-space, so regardless of what game-type is played, that exact tone of colour will always be used due to being a part of the core map's files rather than the game-type's. These colours should be exactly the same as the H2A's base "Team Colors" as a way to make certain colourisations permanent. Instead encoded on to all H2A base maps is Halo 4's base team colour pallet!

The difference in colours is purely an oversight and yet another sign of Certain Affinity's ignorance, laziness and incompetence towards the development of the H2A multiplayer sandbox. Shocking, I know. :p