TMCC : Forge Discussion

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey fellow forgers!

Any tips and tricks, tutorials, advises from other forgers and overall discussions about Forge in TMCC are going on in here!
Relax and chat.

[Post your article in this thread if you want it to be added]

MCC Forge Tutorials/Write-Ups:

Articles:
Videos:

Last edited:

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
When they showed us "Beaver Creek", can you see the different lighting between the two rocks at the bazooka spawn? I hope something like this (Different rock/object lightings) gets fixed until the release.

Last edited:

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
They showed us beaver creek and it makes me wonder if it will be a forge map on disc. Or if it will be like Hang 'Em High on Forge Island, shown but not on disc

I think they just made this map to show us the possibility to actually make a map in a map. Btw that version was pretty poorly forged... I don't think so: Beaver Creek is included in H1 and 2 !!

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
I think they just made this map to show us the possibility to actually make a map in a map. Btw that version was pretty poorly forged... I don't think so: Beaver Creek is included in H1 and 2 !!
true. But you are right. It shows us that if we want a map in H2A that isn't part of the maps that go the touch then we can surely make them. and make them better and to fit with the mechanics of H2A

Reactions: Buddy

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
I hope there is one part of the map where we can forge under water again...

Another thing: At the start of the video, when he makes all the landscapes, I thought we could only use like 15 of them. Then he turns around and boom... my head exploded. It looks like we can use 100 of them. I might actually craft The Bridge of Kazadum now....

Also I am very excited about the special effects. Maybe some of them are fused with a soundeffect?? I probably go too far here...
Powerups - how they should be - are back!!! :D

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
10/10 would bang so hard right now...

I have already... In my mind! D:

Fo srs tho;

I'm so intrigued about switches and hoping, literally praying, that there's circular items of varying sizes, and that bridges once again fall inline with the basic 2.00 unit size margin.
Also since reach we've asked for additional textures so we can toggle them on pieces we place... That'd be great in H5 if it's not in MCC (heads up 343).

Reactions: Buddy and Auburn
Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
I have already... In my mind! :eek2:

Fo srs tho;

I'm so intrigued about switches and hoping, literally praying, that there's circular items of varying sizes, and that bridges once again fall inline with the basic 2.00 unit size margin.
Also since reach we've asked for additional textures so we can toggle them on pieces we place... That'd be great in H5 if it's not in MCC (heads up 343).
Going on your circular thing, I hope the ramp, circular's have a mirror along with the staircases. that would be awesome

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Going on your circular thing, I hope the ramp, circular's have a mirror along with the staircases. that would be awesome

Yeah, I'm curious as to how mirroring would work... Like say your ramp ascends clockwise, with the outer rim railed... Would mirroring it make the ramp ascend counter-clockwise? Would there be a way to make the ramp ascend clockwise with the railing be on the inner rim?
Piece creation is the next thing I need to see. A whole list of items pre-release would be HUGELY beneficial!

Feb 25, 2013
I don't really have much to say, the demo speaks for itself.

However, I will say that I hope they change the "Magnets" tool to something more like "Snap to similar dimensions". This way we don't get pieces sticking where you don't want them.

Feb 25, 2013
I hope there is one part of the map where we can forge under water again...

Another thing: At the start of the video, when he makes all the landscapes, I thought we could only use like 15 of them. Then he turns around and boom... my head exploded. It looks like we can use 100 of them. I might actually craft The Bridge of Kazadum now....

Also I am very excited about the special effects. Maybe some of them are fused with a soundeffect?? I probably go too far here...
Powerups - how they should be - are back!!! :D

Special FX? I'm very intrigued. I never saw those in the demo, can you link your source?

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
Special FX? I'm very intrigued. I never saw those in the demo, can you link your source?
Bro... The pallet "special fx" has been there since Halo 3. I would be wonderstruck if they exlude this pallet in the newest and most evolved forge. I'm sure there will be something like "black and white" or "juicy" again, because it's just... logical. ;)

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2013
Bro... The pallet "special fx" has been there since Halo 3. I would be wonderstruck if they exlude this pallet in the newest and most evolved forge. I'm sure there will be something like "black and white" or "juicy" again, because it's just... logic. ;)

Oh okay. I thought perhaps there was some news regarding the nature of the special FX, like some new effects, or if there was weather, et cetera... I personally hope they're integrated into trait zones rather than existing as orbs.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Yeah! But you also have to watch out that such 'specials' don't make the map unbalanced and unfair. I think many people will let them out of such maps, because it's easier to make.

On the other hand... you'll expect to find dozens of doors and switches, and other mechanisms in hundreds of maps in the early days because everyone will insist they're necessary to use :p

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
The trick with switches and other dynamic elements will be designing a map with them in mind from the beginning, making these elements actually have a meaningful impact on how a map plays. Many will incorporate these elements as gimmicks, but smart forgers will use them sparingly. There is a lot of cool stuff that is possible in this forge, though.

Buddy

Master
Feb 8, 2013
Germany
www.youtube.com
There is a lot of cool stuff that is possible in this forge, though.
According to that it is also a lot easier to work with this forge. If we compare this to Halo 3's forge, the skill on how to make something great definitely decreased. More people will try this forge out.
That will lead to a higher procentage of poorly forged maps, but also - and this is more important - to more excellent maps which are made by experienced forgers, who now can make kind of like everything they ever wanted.
I think this easy-to-handle forge will also lead to pressure from the community towards the forgers. Everything has to be perfect, no flaws, no bugs, great aesthetics, etc. This mindset of the community already came up at the second year of Halo 4 and will highly increase in the MCC. Maybe not right from the start, but...

My point of view how it's gonna be. We will see.

Last edited: