Bungie's Destiny Revealed!

img_destiny.jpg
The day is finally here. Bungie has finally crept back in the light, pulled the curtain back, and at long last, has revealed what they've been working on for the past three years. We've been incredibly patient, and I know we're more than ready to dive right in and see what it's all about. So I'll try not to get in the way too much.​
UPDATE!! Video from the Playstation 4 Announcement - Destiny will launch simultaneously on the PS3 and PS4, and will have some exclusive, playable content for the Playstation versions.​
Here is the ViDoc posted by Bungie:
Here is the IGN article and FAQ:
FAQ
Here is a piece of the Destiny soundtrack:
Basic Takeaways & Highlights (see IGN FAQ for much more):
  • Destiny will be on XBOX 360, PS3, and eventually next-gen consoles. It will NOT be on PC. PS3-360 players will not be able to play together.
  • FPS with several MMO elements. Join players already in battle around the world at any point. Bungie calls it a "First-person, shared-world shooter"
  • Game will be "always connected" (requires internet connection), but will not require subscription fees
  • Tight integration with web and mobile platforms
  • The last large city on Earth, huddled underneath The Traveller, acts as a hub, socially (ties in MMO aspects).
  • interstellar travel with your own ship within our galaxy - Mars, Moon, Saturn, Venus, etc.
Concept Art:
TXRlc5n.png
Pyke - Destiny's version of Halo's Ghost
UZzx7We.png
Ocean of Storms - "Broken Moon" with cracked tectonic plates
KuCZEiu.png
Guardians - Hunter, Warlock, Titan (From left to right)
ozxo3PO.png
Garden - "Surreal, fantastic place called the Black Garden"
oFr7Je8.png
Fireteam - Titan, Hunter, Warlock (From left to right). 'Space Zombies' in background.
s2V12ia.png
Exclusion Zone - A Mars base of the Cabal enemy
I9SurYk.png
Dark Patrol - Hunter in the foreground, mixture of enemies in background
9W3SsSK.png
Citadel - "Bad guys need big bad, evil lairs"
eCsYAqD.png
Cassini Derelict - "The derelict remains of a human fleet of ships"
PLJPWzQ.png
Vex - Time-traveling robots (enemies)
hyTyQpf.png
Traveler's Rest - Earth's last major city rests beneath humanity's savior
8E5wiMh.png
Hellmouth - On the Earth's Moon
fallenjpg-47fcbf_800w.jpg
Fallen - The Fallen enemy class and a 'Spider Tank'
I will likely keep updating this article with more links, more info, more awesome. In the meantime, DISCUSS! What do you think? What do you like? What are you worried about?​

If done like Halo, the Traveler technology could provide the backdrop for advanced shielding/armor, which in turn would prolong fire fights to make the fire fights engaging rather than you get shot and you drop. The advanced technology can make it all seem believable rather than out of place. That to me will make it compete head on with Halo. In this respect, bungie looks like they are playing the strengths they learned from Halo.

I don't like the armor, it looks Fall Out ugly.

Where was the theme music? You know, the mono tone melody? Bungie MUST know the value in having a mono tone melody for their theme music!

If there is no forge, then I won't be buying it...

This isnt going to be a competitive FPS like halo, stop expecting it to be.

Reactions: NinetysBorn
This game is the future. I hope it wipes out COD
As much as I hate it Halo can't do it alone.

I thought so little of Destiny before this post, but after reading this, I have become a tired cynic made fanboy. Can't wait!!! The art, the ViDoc presentation, music, graphics, gameplay story atmosphereandeverything else even the FREAKING ENVIRONMENTS I AM SO EXCITED WHY OH I'M SO GLAD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LOVE A GAME AGAIN.
I feel/felt the same way.
So, will it have any campaign what so ever or what? A campaigns kind of important.

Hub-based shooter would be like Mass Effect, in a way. It basically means you have a main area, through which you can access different sections of the game. Nintendo did a lot of hubs in their Mario and Donkey Kong games, to name but a few. Things like Peach's Castle in Mario 64 and The Citadel in Mass Effect are examples of hubs. In Halo 4, the Infinity is supposedly the hub for Forge, Theater, War Games, etc. But you traditionally move a character and interact with spaces in a hub, so it's not entirely true.

Reactions: FREEDOM COBRA
I find the "if theres no forge im not buying it" crowd to be entirely silly.

but, i expect thats the age group that got into halo because of forge, instead of having gotten into halo when it first came out.

i am a long term Bungie fan.

if bungie decides to not include a forge in this game, i can always still forge with halo.
theres absolutely no way that such a thing would make me refuse to buy and play their games.

its the same shitty attitude of all the people who bitch about H4's forge.

Wow this looks like it will be tons of fun! Despite everyone's opinion, it looks like a mixture between Fallout + Halo + (a little bit of) Gears of War :D
The characters and enemies are what really capture my attention. The weapons as well seem really interesting. This is where I think the Gears of War themes come in because the sizes of some of the enemies and that one bulky weapon with the bayonette just really reminds me of Gears of War. Some of the map layouts and characters really remind me of Fallout as well! Like for example the fallen class, it just screams fallout to me. None the less it looks like its going to be awesome! If it has all these graphics, cool landscapes/characters/weapons, and it still sort of plays like Halo I think its going to be an amazing game.

Reactions: Titmar

but, i expect thats the age group that got into halo because of forge, instead of having gotten into halo when it first came out.

if bungie decides to not include a forge in this game, i can always still forge with halo.
theres absolutely no way that such a thing would make me refuse to buy and play their games.

That is pretty "silly" too just shut out a whole game if it doesn't have forge. But hopefully you understand where a lot of those people come from. A large part of the Halo community is the forgers and custom gamers. If you're a long term bungie fan that's fine but there's a lot more people out there who are going to play it only if it plays well, not because your favorite game devolpers created the game. For myself I think this game looks like it's going to be really cool and, unlike some of these other people, I couldn't care less if it has forge or not. But as long as Halo 5 pulls through I doubt I will be playing this.

If done like Halo, the Traveler technology could provide the backdrop for advanced shielding/armor, which in turn would prolong fire fights to make the fire fights engaging rather than you get shot and you drop. The advanced technology can make it all seem believable rather than out of place. That to me will make it compete head on with Halo. In this respect, bungie looks like they are playing the strengths they learned from Halo.

I don't like the armor, it looks Fall Out ugly.

Where was the theme music? You know, the mono tone melody? Bungie MUST know the value in having a mono tone melody for their theme music!

If there is no forge, then I won't be buying it...
This isn't Halo kid. I hate when people make those refrences. Stop comparing the two like that and stop trying to make this awesome independent game into halo.
I LOVE the armor. It looks bad ass. P.S. I LOVE Fallout as well.
There is a link to a "piece of the destiny soundtrack" in the first post -_-
Complete ignorance and for posting something like that, if I do buy this game, I hope I don't see you on it.

I just want Halo to coexist without starting fights about CoD & now Destiny. I'll end up playing all, but alot of people are going to be assholes and think you can only be a fan of one fps.

Super stoked for this game. Like people have said before, I don't think this game is meant to "kill" Halo, or Call of Duty, or Gears, or any other shooter. It's meant to be a completely new experience and I feel it should be judged as such. You shouldn't expect it to have forge any more than you expect the next Mass Effect game to have forge.

I just want Halo to coexist without starting fights about CoD & now Destiny. I'll end up playing all, but alot of people are going to be assholes and think you can only be a fan of one fps.

I actually enjoy reading everyone get upset, and then everyone get upset at the people getting upset. It's one of my favorite things about the internet ^-^ FUEL THE FLAMES