Bungie's Destiny Revealed!

img_destiny.jpg
The day is finally here. Bungie has finally crept back in the light, pulled the curtain back, and at long last, has revealed what they've been working on for the past three years. We've been incredibly patient, and I know we're more than ready to dive right in and see what it's all about. So I'll try not to get in the way too much.​
UPDATE!! Video from the Playstation 4 Announcement - Destiny will launch simultaneously on the PS3 and PS4, and will have some exclusive, playable content for the Playstation versions.​
Here is the ViDoc posted by Bungie:
Here is the IGN article and FAQ:
FAQ
Here is a piece of the Destiny soundtrack:
Basic Takeaways & Highlights (see IGN FAQ for much more):
  • Destiny will be on XBOX 360, PS3, and eventually next-gen consoles. It will NOT be on PC. PS3-360 players will not be able to play together.
  • FPS with several MMO elements. Join players already in battle around the world at any point. Bungie calls it a "First-person, shared-world shooter"
  • Game will be "always connected" (requires internet connection), but will not require subscription fees
  • Tight integration with web and mobile platforms
  • The last large city on Earth, huddled underneath The Traveller, acts as a hub, socially (ties in MMO aspects).
  • interstellar travel with your own ship within our galaxy - Mars, Moon, Saturn, Venus, etc.
Concept Art:
TXRlc5n.png
Pyke - Destiny's version of Halo's Ghost
UZzx7We.png
Ocean of Storms - "Broken Moon" with cracked tectonic plates
KuCZEiu.png
Guardians - Hunter, Warlock, Titan (From left to right)
ozxo3PO.png
Garden - "Surreal, fantastic place called the Black Garden"
oFr7Je8.png
Fireteam - Titan, Hunter, Warlock (From left to right). 'Space Zombies' in background.
s2V12ia.png
Exclusion Zone - A Mars base of the Cabal enemy
I9SurYk.png
Dark Patrol - Hunter in the foreground, mixture of enemies in background
9W3SsSK.png
Citadel - "Bad guys need big bad, evil lairs"
eCsYAqD.png
Cassini Derelict - "The derelict remains of a human fleet of ships"
PLJPWzQ.png
Vex - Time-traveling robots (enemies)
hyTyQpf.png
Traveler's Rest - Earth's last major city rests beneath humanity's savior
8E5wiMh.png
Hellmouth - On the Earth's Moon
fallenjpg-47fcbf_800w.jpg
Fallen - The Fallen enemy class and a 'Spider Tank'
I will likely keep updating this article with more links, more info, more awesome. In the meantime, DISCUSS! What do you think? What do you like? What are you worried about?​

I feel like this will be the new game to end all others. It will be a mega-blockbuster like no others. I am so excited for this and I can't wait for them to announce a release date. I'll be preordering this as soon as I possibly can.

What are guys planning on having as your main class? I'll probably experiment on all three but I really love sniper classes in FPS games and hunter classes in MMO's so the hunter seems like the obvious choice for me.

Reactions: Fuzzle
oh my lordy lordy, it is so amazing!!

the gun designs!! the environments!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH

it sounds like its gonna be a massive scale combination of Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Halo.
That is super fucking amazing and epic...

I'm frothing at the mouth...

Though it's curious that they didnt mention anything about PVP / deathmatch mode / whatever
But i find it unlikely that they would leave something like that out? right? right?

and wtf bungie, no forge?

oh my lordy lordy, it is so amazing!!

the gun designs!! the environments!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHH

it sounds like its gonna be a massive scale combination of Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Halo.
That is super fucking amazing and epic...

I'm frothing at the mouth...

Though it's curious that they didnt mention anything about PVP / deathmatch mode / whatever
But i find it unlikely that they would leave something like that out? right? right?

and wtf bungie, no forge?
competetive multiplayer is in, but i think its like you cant accept duels and stuff. no forge, how does it fit in such a genre?

ah yes, im seeing that now as i watch this analysis stream thing on IGN.

but yeah, im not really sure how forge would fit into it, perhaps maps could be made for the faction wars thing idk

I feel like competitive multiplayer will be separate like- "Go to this menu, it drops you off in a themed part area with two teams and grande objective (capture enemies base, eliminate enemy, etc) and will be more like MMO Faction PvP

EDIT: Which may I add, while doing that and being a FPS, will be awesome!! Battlefront times 10!

Reactions: Titmar
I would love if they implemented some feature that was essentially numerous giant Raid Events that once all completed would unlock the next part of the story for all players.

I would love if they implemented some feature that was essentially numerous giant Raid Events that once all completed would unlock the next part of the story for all players.
such a good idea, i want the community feel that only halo creates for me

Yeah that cooperation would create such an awesome community feeling and it would feel as if they were actually saving humanity together

Woohooo! Nice post! I was hoping to make a post about this myself, but I was a couple hours late! You did a better job than I would have done anyway, lol. This game definitely looks interesting, I'm looking forward to keeping a close eye on it.

Reactions: Fuzzle
internet connection required? BOOOO
still gonna buy it and its gonna be awesome but i want to play offline :/

finally, a new franchise to play, i'm so sick of looking forward to sequels of sequels of sequels all the time. this looks so good, i dont see how anybody could resist something so big from Bungie.

amazing, simply amazing. the sci-fi freak in me is having a seizure. can't fucken wait.