Bungie's Destiny Revealed!

img_destiny.jpg
The day is finally here. Bungie has finally crept back in the light, pulled the curtain back, and at long last, has revealed what they've been working on for the past three years. We've been incredibly patient, and I know we're more than ready to dive right in and see what it's all about. So I'll try not to get in the way too much.​
UPDATE!! Video from the Playstation 4 Announcement - Destiny will launch simultaneously on the PS3 and PS4, and will have some exclusive, playable content for the Playstation versions.​
Here is the ViDoc posted by Bungie:
Here is the IGN article and FAQ:
FAQ
Here is a piece of the Destiny soundtrack:
Basic Takeaways & Highlights (see IGN FAQ for much more):
  • Destiny will be on XBOX 360, PS3, and eventually next-gen consoles. It will NOT be on PC. PS3-360 players will not be able to play together.
  • FPS with several MMO elements. Join players already in battle around the world at any point. Bungie calls it a "First-person, shared-world shooter"
  • Game will be "always connected" (requires internet connection), but will not require subscription fees
  • Tight integration with web and mobile platforms
  • The last large city on Earth, huddled underneath The Traveller, acts as a hub, socially (ties in MMO aspects).
  • interstellar travel with your own ship within our galaxy - Mars, Moon, Saturn, Venus, etc.
Concept Art:
TXRlc5n.png
Pyke - Destiny's version of Halo's Ghost
UZzx7We.png
Ocean of Storms - "Broken Moon" with cracked tectonic plates
KuCZEiu.png
Guardians - Hunter, Warlock, Titan (From left to right)
ozxo3PO.png
Garden - "Surreal, fantastic place called the Black Garden"
oFr7Je8.png
Fireteam - Titan, Hunter, Warlock (From left to right). 'Space Zombies' in background.
s2V12ia.png
Exclusion Zone - A Mars base of the Cabal enemy
I9SurYk.png
Dark Patrol - Hunter in the foreground, mixture of enemies in background
9W3SsSK.png
Citadel - "Bad guys need big bad, evil lairs"
eCsYAqD.png
Cassini Derelict - "The derelict remains of a human fleet of ships"
PLJPWzQ.png
Vex - Time-traveling robots (enemies)
hyTyQpf.png
Traveler's Rest - Earth's last major city rests beneath humanity's savior
8E5wiMh.png
Hellmouth - On the Earth's Moon
fallenjpg-47fcbf_800w.jpg
Fallen - The Fallen enemy class and a 'Spider Tank'
I will likely keep updating this article with more links, more info, more awesome. In the meantime, DISCUSS! What do you think? What do you like? What are you worried about?​

I thought so little of Destiny before this post, but after reading this, I have become a tired cynic made fanboy. Can't wait!!! The art, the ViDoc presentation, music, graphics, gameplay story atmosphereandeverything else even the FREAKING ENVIRONMENTS I AM SO EXCITED WHY OH I'M SO GLAD I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LOVE A GAME AGAIN.

Reactions: SGC
Gamestop just emailed me and let me know that they're accepting preorders that will include an exclusive 2-sided poster. I'm sure there will be more available things to get from preorders as time goes on too.

I'm also hesitant to pre-order now because I figure I'll probably buy it for the Xbox 720 but those pre-orders aren't available yet

There is just such a certain way when Bungie does Vidoc's, THEY BRING THE FUCKING RAIN! One thing that I do expect is however this ships, it will be loaded up! No other has crammed so much content on a disk besides Hideo Kojima!

There is just such a certain way when Bungie does Vidoc's, THEY BRING THE FUCKING RAIN! One thing that I do expect is however this ships, it will be loaded up! No other has crammed so much content on a disk besides Hideo Kojima!
For sure it's gonna be a big amount of storage loss but its worth it who knows maybe you can customise the ships?

Reactions: Festuca
Also Wakko is it coming out on the new Xbox btw its just being called Xbox
There hasn't been an official name for the next gen Xbox yet, that's just speculation still. I'm just concerned that people will go ahead and preorder it for the Xbox 360 without thinking ahead (they might buy the new Xbox by the then so the would want Destiny for the new console, not the 360). Although I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to switch over your preorder to a different system (hopefully).

There hasn't been an official name for the next gen Xbox yet, that's just speculation still. I'm just concerned that people will go ahead and preorder it for the Xbox 360 without thinking ahead (they might buy the new Xbox by the then so the would want Destiny for the new console, not the 360). Although I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to switch over your preorder to a different system (hopefully).
How did u find out it was on the next gen console that was interesting to no any chance I can follow u?

Sure the concept art looks cool and all, but the guns did not really amaze me or anything. I'm probably going to buy it, but i do not think that it will beat halo or cod (cod in sales) at all.

If done like Halo, the Traveler technology could provide the backdrop for advanced shielding/armor, which in turn would prolong fire fights to make the fire fights engaging rather than you get shot and you drop. The advanced technology can make it all seem believable rather than out of place. That to me will make it compete head on with Halo. In this respect, bungie looks like they are playing the strengths they learned from Halo.

I don't like the armor, it looks Fall Out ugly.

Where was the theme music? You know, the mono tone melody? Bungie MUST know the value in having a mono tone melody for their theme music!

If there is no forge, then I won't be buying it...