FORGE ISLAND!

hc-coolstuff.jpg
CONFIRMED NEWS FROM PAX EAST TODAY OF A BRAND NEW, FREE FORGE MAP COMING APRIL 11th!!
FORGE ISLAND

Why didn't they just redo forge world from reach?
Please, PLEASE stop asking this people, replicating Forge World for Halo 4 would destroy your console, it won't happen. Halo 4's graphical engine is too much for your Xbox already, forging on that would be a complete disaster.

Please, PLEASE stop asking this people, replicating Forge World for Halo 4 would destroy your console, it won't happen. Halo 4's graphical engine is too much for your Xbox already, forging on that would be a complete disaster.

This. If anything the valley, but thats about it. I am happy with FI

Taken from today's Halo Bulletin:

Will there be hill/more rock pieces included in Forge Island? What about tree pieces?
–M0aHerder
We don’t provide hills but we did include new rock pieces. These new rocks and trees are available in the “Natural” palette but we also included 2 extra-large rock objects in the “Buildings” palette so you can make a much more natural map.
–Kynan
Actually Kynan, some of the larger rocks are so big that I've used them as hills and ramps –made some really sweet Warthog jumps, too. Heck, I built a whole level made solely from rocks. So many rocks! Trees, too. I made a giant forest! It was so... necky.
–Vic

This excites me.
/moves notebook onto lap.

And for the Machinima community, this should be pretty awesome-

Will the Forge pieces from Ravine, Impact and Erosion be available on Forge Island?
–brain01648
We used the base object set from Ravine for Forge Island. There have been some additions and improvements to the Forge palette, including trees, new rock types and a “green screen” object Machinima creators have long asked for.
–Kynan

And to top it all off-

Forge Island is running a bit ahead of schedule, so don’t be surprised if you see it appear in the Halo 4 DLC menu before its April 11 release date.

And for all the salty old sea dogs out there:

You can build along the surface of the water but you will die if the water level reaches above the waist of the Spartan. There were limitations on what we were able to do with water, based on many different factors, including the size of the level. The water is opaque, so while you can place objects below the surface, you won’t be able to see them unless they are poking out
–Kynan

Question is, haw many trees can we have? I know Kynan Pearson said he made a forrest, but is this considered a forest, or a grove?

I just died twice. Once when I read the bulletin, again when I saw the picture. I think I... I think I... IURg9ewiobganji BYR