FORGE ISLAND!

hc-coolstuff.jpg
CONFIRMED NEWS FROM PAX EAST TODAY OF A BRAND NEW, FREE FORGE MAP COMING APRIL 11th!!
FORGE ISLAND

I honestly don't see why anyone is complaining. This is exactly what everyone's been asking for and its free. Could it be better? Sure. Will it still help everyone make some amazing new maps? Definitely.

Not so fast, bro! I still have a complaint: Multi team! Wait, there coming out with that later? Crap...

Reactions: NinetysBorn
I watched the video. 2 diffrent things I noticed were that they said we have acsess to all the forge pieces and the new ones. Also they said this one is on us.im pretty sure that is a hint that there may be more forge maps in the future as a payed dlc. Will we be able to go to the water. I can see a d-day map in the near future

Reactions: NinetysBorn
Look, we can complain all day that it's not EXACTLY what we wanted, but to some extent, it is. We can make some huge ass racetracks on here for sure. The flat ground means we could make some serious Dominion maps, with bases of our complete design. No more fighting the terrain on Erosion or having to implement it in every map design, no more irritating Ravine hills, not more of the dark cold atmosphere Impact gives us for every single map. Forge Island is perfect for massive maps of our own design. And it's FREE. What's the complaint about? Halo 5 is going to make up for the shortcomings of 4, and in the meantime, we actually got some of what we wanted. Let's look at the positive and say "YAY! FREE FORGE DLC!" instead of nitpicking because it isn't exactly perfect. It's workable, and with the imagination of the forge community, it'll be pretty awesome.

Well, we got big, but it sure isn't aesthetically pleasing at all as Reach's was. What did it take them 5 minutes to make? "Let's place 3 big mushrooms into the water and call it Forge Island!" This is more of a do-it- ALL -yourself version.

Here is the check list...

It's flat.
It's got grass.
It has islands
It has water
It is large - "like" forge world

Here is what most of us meant...

The islands would have had beaches.
The grass would have been plush to make a deep green color floor, at least in some flat areas...
Not all the terrain would be flat as a pancake, there would have been some mountains or hills.
There would have been some trees... somewhere...
You could walk down a sandy slope to the water's edge
There would have probably been a sand bar or two to connect the islands...

It seems that 343i should have the necessary talent to know the difference here...

I just get the feeling that a group of at least five avid forgers could design it all better :teddy: I mean, why don't we have a decent "floor" piece yet? Grass mound? I'd love to see some of those.
Five avid forgers? Flying shoe drew up a draft and it was far better. I could do far better. You don't need five. You need one decent artistically talented individual... I think 343i has such talent, but apparently didn't assign said talent to the task...

The gods have answered my prayers!
After taking the time to pretty much like every comment on this thread lol I'm super excited about this map :D I can't wait!
And it's going to be released a day before my birthday :) awesome

While I'm extremely happy we have another Forge Environment, the total flatness worries me a bit. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying the map could have been designed with a little more versatility. If they give us a bunch of different rocks to build our own terrain I think it'd be fine, assuming of course they actually add a few NEW rocks.
i have been waiting a really long time for a map that is grassy AND flat

Five avid forgers? Flying shoe drew up a draft and it was far better. I could do far better. You don't need five. You need one decent artistically talented individual... I think 343i has such talent, but apparently didn't assign said talent to the task...
Good point. With as many as five forgers, they'd all be too belligerent to work together.

I watched the video. 2 diffrent things I noticed were that they said we have acsess to all the forge pieces and the new ones. Also they said this one is on us.im pretty sure that is a hint that there may be more forge maps in the future as a payed dlc. Will we be able to go to the water. I can see a d-day map in the near future
ther was a d-day map on reach

although i can agree with some of the minor complaints being voiced here, they are quite minor.

some of you sound as though you expected 343 to read YOUR mind specifically, in regards to what ALL forgers want.

lets have some perspective here and be thankful that they gave us anything close to what we cried for at all. :)

although i can agree with some of the minor complaints being voiced here, they are quite minor.

some of you sound as though you expected 343 to read YOUR mind specifically, in regards to what ALL forgers want.

lets have some perspective here and be thankful that they gave us anything close to what we cried for at all. :)

I'm am happy so far. Right now I'm just trying to figure out all the details and stuff like will there be water.

I agree. They responded to some of the biggest complaints in a relatively quick manner, for free. I knew after watching the video they'd get shit for this too even if it was 100% meant to be a sign of good faith that they are aware of the issues and that the Forge community has felt totally ignored and underrepresented since launch. And while I've been disappointed in Forge compared to past incarnations, the amount of crap they've gotten and how it's been expressed (that waypoint thread started by Time Glitch in particular) has communicated little more than entitlement to the point that I'd understand them avoiding Forge altogether. It's just an olive branch guys, take it.

I agree. They responded to some of the biggest complaints in a relatively quick manner, for free. I knew after watching the video they'd get shit for this too even if it was 100% meant to be a sign of good faith that they are aware of the issues and that the Forge community has felt totally ignored and underrepresented since launch. And while I've been disappointed in Forge compared to past incarnations, the amount of crap they've gotten and how it's been expressed (that waypoint thread started by Time Glitch in particular) has communicated little more than entitlement to the point that I'd understand them avoiding Forge altogether. It's just an olive branch guys, take it.
Yeah, I mean all in all, we aren't entitled anything really. They could give us the trolololo song on repeat and title it Halo 5 if they wanted to. Ultimately, it's up to us to buy it or not. The only thing about that though, which I'm sure you're already aware of, is that we give so much back to the game. We consistently buy this game, continue to play it online long after it's prime, and only add to it's well known popularity. Sure you could argue we aren't entitled a dam thing in life, but for this game, we helped create it as a community as well. I mean I'm completely with you, but we at least deserve the dedication we give to this awesome series. Which is something, I very much hope 343 understands.

Reactions: Harbinger

It's flat.
It's got grass.
It has islands
It has water

The grass would have been plush to make a deep green color floor, at least in some flat areas...
Not all the terrain would be flat as a pancake, there would have been some mountains or hills.

It seems that 343i should have the necessary talent to know the difference here...

Perfectly said! ;) Fuzzle - Reach did it and they were ALSO on the 360.

Reactions: Harbinger
Look, the important thing is we got something new, something we've been asking for. Was it exactly what we expected? Probably not, at least it's something.

It's flat.
It's got grass.
It has islands
It has water

Well, there's is a difference from what you say and what you infer. Everyone said that they wanted a large flat forge canvas with water, and very few actually went any deeper than that.