FORGE ISLAND!

hc-coolstuff.jpg
CONFIRMED NEWS FROM PAX EAST TODAY OF A BRAND NEW, FREE FORGE MAP COMING APRIL 11th!!
FORGE ISLAND

They also mentioned that more playlists are gonna be coming along with this. I hope SO badly that a classic halo gametype is added. Especially because of all the remakes that can come out of this. They mentioned blood gulch, imagine that played like halo 1 but with halo 4 graphics... 343, make it happen.

Reactions: NinetysBorn
I think "The Map Show" is going out on location! Maybe permanently. Impact is just feeling too cold and dark. Can't wait to see what you master forgers come up with on this one! Hit me up anytime after April 11 to be the first to have your map from FI showcased. My only request is that it's a map where we can shoot at one another. I've already hit my racetracks quota for Season 1.

if i can give 343 credit for anything, they at least attempt to keep the game fresh by introducing stuff each week. i gave up on reach pretty early, so I don't remember there being this level of evolution.

Reactions: SGC
Well, we got big, but it sure isn't aesthetically pleasing at all as Reach's was. What did it take them 5 minutes to make? "Let's place 3 big mushrooms into the water and call it Forge Island!" This is more of a do-it- ALL -yourself version.

Reactions: LogicalHuman
Well, we got big, but it sure isn't aesthetically pleasing at all as Reach's was. What did it take them 5 minutes to make? "Let's place 3 big mushrooms into the water and call it Forge Island!" This is more of a do-it- ALL -yourself version.
well the community wanted a flat canvas that isnt limited by messy terrain (ravine) ;) what were they supposed to do? anything they do will lead to further complaints so they said: fuck it, they want a blank canvas and water? they shall get it, for free

well the community wanted a flat canvas that isnt limited by messy terrain (ravine) ;) what were they supposed to do? anything they do will lead to further complaints so they said: fuck it, they want a blank canvas and water? they shall get it, for free

lol, that's because it's not worth paying any money for.

Reactions: mrgreenwithagun
I just hope I can forge in the water. The mushrooms aren't all disappointing, because this is pretty much free DLC in a gaming world of microtransactions. And it's Forge. If they remade Forge World for us, they'd have to give us some new areas AND charge for it. Plus, it would be a huge ass download. This is good for now. =D

I just get the feeling that a group of at least five avid forgers could design it all better :teddy: I mean, why don't we have a decent "floor" piece yet? Grass mound? I'd love to see some of those.

Does it matter? Just the pure fact they created something like this is great. I'm already happy for the sheer size; I already know I mini-game I semi-recreated from Reach onto Impact that I already know will do 1000x better than both on Impact and on Forge World.

YES!

I wish Debaytes can delay the Get a Clue contest.....

I don't think they will have all the pallets available because I don't think we would need space pieces in a map like this. Plus the station console from impact wouldn't work because it has a hologram of the asteroids in impact. However it is possible they may make the hologram of the three islands for this map.

Reactions: SGC