Data Lost [Feb 26, 2017] Squally's Sunday Skirmishes - Halo 5 (XONE)

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Maps played on 8/14/16:

The Grim Dealer - Heights
Flying Shoe ILR - Aerie
N3gat1veZer0 - Resolute
IMAROLLINGSTONE - URU
IMAROLLINGSTONE - Ring World
Brusky0086 - Marius
Squally DaBeanz - Stigma

Please leave any feedback you have for the maps you played. I will be posting mine at some point this week. In the meantime, you can catch up on the maps played and the feedback given during the lobbies via the Twitch stream:

(Note: The stream was interrupted when I had to quit the build, so there are two videos. Not much happened in between.)

Reactions: Drizzy_Dan

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
The Grim Dealer - Heights -
I feel like this current version was a step backwards. The map has become even more linear than before, leading to fairly stale combat scenarios and repetitive tactics. The strongholds need a full makeover as well. The one in green is completely useless to hold and frustrating to play in. This is largely due to the fact that most approaches come from above. This leaves the Strongholds in Red and Blue as the only viable ones to hold, which leads to very linear hallway based combat. I think if you were to make the map more circular and less linear, you could improve the gameplay, Stronghold placement, and spawns.

Flying Shoe ILR - Aerie-

This map is playing surprisingly well without the Wasp, considering it was designed with it in mind first. My biggest complaint about the map in general at this point is that it seems to lack focused power positions. Everyone was sort of running around until they found enemy players, flushed them out, then continued running to find where they spawned. This made a lot of players try to slow the game down by finding safe locations to hide and lock down, such as the outer cliff on blue side, or the small cliff edge that overlooks the middle atrium. These areas have only two sightlines into them, and both are looking at 90 degree corners that players can easily hide behind. The other area that proved problematic was the cargo platform. Players out here would often get dominated by anyone on the towers above them, and have very few escape routes or ways to challenge the towers.

N3gat1veZer0 - Resolute-
We already went over some changes in forge, so I'll skip this one.

IMAROLLINGSTONE - URU-
The map is playing really well at this point, and I think only minor tweaks are needed at this point. The removal of the teleporters really helped the flow and predictability of the map. There's enough to the map to allow players to be creative in their movement, but it's simple enough to have a rough idea of where people are going to be at any given time. The Assault goals may need further testing, as I'm not entirely convinced they're in the best location right now, but that remains to be seen. Aside form that, just keep working on the small things like weapons, fringe sightlines, spawns, etc.

IMAROLLINGSTONE - Ring World-
I'm not sure how to feel about this one right now. The idea is really cool, and you definitely pulled off a unique atmosphere for a 4V4 map. However, I think the map may be a tad overscaled in some areas right now, leading to fairly stagnant gameplay. The biggest offender is the giant hill on the open side of the map. It's too easy to camp this area and watch a majority of the map for players, and then shut them down before they can even get close to you. This area, as well as the large cave adjacent to it, could be made smaller and more integrated into the center of the map. This would prevent players from camping one area, and allow you to remove/simplify some of the routes underneath it.

Brusky0086 - Marius-
I'm going to be honest, this map was a mess. First of all, everything was too dark to properly navigate. Many corners of the map were completely covered in shadows, making the the whole thing feel like a confusing maze. This wasn't helped by the size or porous nature of the map either. The game we played went to time because no one could find each other. I would go minutes at a time without seeing an enemy player. On top of all of this, the map was extremely homogeneous with no distinct landmarks or lighting direction for player orientation. Everything about this map lead to a very frustrating experience. The size, color, texture, theme, lighting, and layout all need to be rethought.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2013
Strongholds/Slayer on Heights again.

I tried addressing the spawning issues in this latest version, but if they persist, I'll look into changing up the layout a bit.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Strongholds/Slayer on Heights again.

I tried addressing the spawning issues in this latest version, but if they persist, I'll look into changing up the layout a bit.
I'm actually going to be switching the lobby back to BTB for two to three weeks. This will allow me to get some testing in on a few maps that are on something of a timetable right now. Hope that's ok :)

IMAROLLINGSTONE

Proficient
Jun 25, 2013
Map: URU RE6
Gametypes: Assault
Map: Ring World Re3
Gametypes: Team Slayer
Gamertag: IMAROLLINGSTONE
*If there are not that many maps for BTB, it will be great to get 4v4s in there.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
In light of some recent information in the world of Forging, tomorrows lobby is going to be another focused testing lobby for maps from outside sources. This means that, unfortunately, I will not be taking map submissions this week. The lobby will return to it's regular scheduling next week. Sorry for inconvenience.

Drizzy_Dan

Master
Feb 25, 2013
New York
In light of some recent information in the world of Forging, tomorrows lobby is going to be another focused testing lobby for maps from outside sources. This means that, unfortunately, I will not be taking map submissions this week. The lobby will return to it's regular scheduling next week. Sorry for inconvenience.

Still BTB or back to 4v4?

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Last edited:

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Ok, I need another vote, guys. Should tonight be 4v4s or BTB? I could go either way. There's only one map signed up for 4V4s, but there are a lot of BTB stuff that could use testing as well. Any thoughts?

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Due to a lack of players online that are able to join, and in map signups, I'm going to have to postpone the lobby until next week. I will still try to be around throughout the week to join any other impromptu testing lobbies, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.