Data Lost [Feb 26, 2017] Squally's Sunday Skirmishes - Halo 5 (XONE)

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
lobbu-sunday-skirmish.png
To help with Psycho Duck's Monday Map Testing lobbies, I will be hosting additional lobbies every Sunday to help in testing Core maps for anyone that is unable to attend the Monday Map Testing nights and/or would like an additional test beforehand. These lobbies will be run in virtually the same way, and will begin at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST every Sunday evening.

RSVPs
To RSVP to a lobby, simply respond to this thread each week with your gamertag. If you would like to reserve a testing slot, please also include the name of the map and the gametype you would like to play. I will compile a list of the maps and gametypes to be played every Saturday before the lobby, and will update it as needed.

The Lobby
I will begin assembling the lobby shortly before 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST. To receive an invite, simply message me on XBL asking for an invite. Players with map reservations will have priority over those who don't. Once started, we will play each map/gametype reservation in the order they appear on the list. If you are not present when it is time to play your map, we will set it aside until you are able to join or until the end of the list. If you don't show up, there may be a chance your map will not get played that night, depending on the number of maps needing to be tested. If there is a small list of maps or we manage to get through the list at a reasonable hour, we will begin to recycle through the maps in the same order.

IMPORTANT:
A microphone is required for this lobby, as we are seeking proper playtests with team communication. As such, it would be appreciated if everyone participating would switch to game chat during each match, and return to your respective party chats while in the lobby. This is to avoid confusion or "lonely" player experiences in game while still being able to discuss immediate feedback and team balancing between matches.

Post-Lobby
After each lobby, I would ask that everyone who joined leave feedback for any maps they played before the next lobby begins (the sooner the better). Feedback will be posted in this thread. I will list the maps and their authors in the order they were played, as well as brief descriptions of each map in case the names escape you.

TL;DR
-Testing Core maps
-Every Sunday night at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST
-RSVP in this thread with your gamertag, map, and gametype.
-Message me on XBL for an invite.
-Maps will be played in order they were reserved.
-We will cycle back through the list if there is time.
-Post feedback in this thread before the next lobby.

That about wraps it up! I'm excited to start hosting a regularly scheduled lobby and helping everyone with their maps. See you there!

Edit: Now that a file browser is available and I am streaming the lobbies to Twitch, a few things need to be addressed. Firstly, participation is not required to have your map tested, though it is still heavily favored. If you cannot attend the lobby due to scheduling reasons, please let me know and leave a Waypoint link to your map so I can download it before the lobby.

Secondly, I am changing the "rules" about game chat. Because I am streaming the lobbies on Twitch now, my team and I will remain in party chat during matches while the opposing team will switch to game chat. This is so the chat can be heard on stream and any relevant feedback or conversations can be recorded.

Something else to note: I have started something of a partnership with the "Alliance Testing Network". This group has many 4V4 maps currently in their system being tested, and they will eventually expand into other player counts and gametypes. Because I have taken on more of a support role with them, I'll be adding two maps from their database to the lobby lineup each week as backup maps to test. If we have a lot of maps reserved by others, then these ATN maps will be dropped in favor of those.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2013
GT: Temporal Enigma
Gametype: Big Team Slayer with AR-Magnum starts please
Map: Scorched Earth (A Timberland reimagining that's only had a handfull of tests so far)

storiedsquire

Qualified
Feb 25, 2016
GT: Storiedsquire
Map: Zahruine
Gametype: strongholds and slayer

If theres room I would like to join in on the action as well . What times this goin down sunday by the way?

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Map lineup for 2/28:

Slayer on "Scorched Earth", by Temporal Enigma
Strongholds on "The Cradle", by Half Demon ANBU
Strongholds on "Zahruine", by Storiedsquire
Strongholds on "Nightclub Beta", by Mrmiclego11
Assault on "Rat's Nest B.1", by MrBamle
CTF on "Echoes", by The Grim Dealer
Strongholds on "Ferrous", by CommanderColson
Strongholds on "Kizingo", by alex quit
CTF on "Fracture", by Squally DaBeanz
Slayer on "Lowlands', by Oasis Hurler
Assault on "Artemis", by The Psycho Duck
Strongholds on "Hangout", by MartianMallCop

It's not too late to sign up! The lobby will begin at 6pm PST/ 9pm EST. Be there or be square!

Last edited:
Reactions: storiedsquire

alex quit

Got Gud
Nov 19, 2014
I'm gonna hold off on Entity - Instead I'm gonna go with Strongholds on Kizingo - as well as CTF if we cycle through again

storiedsquire

Qualified
Feb 25, 2016
Kizingo- nice asthetic look and lighting. A bit too open i think. Maybe needs better stronghold locations and a bit more cover in some locations.

My map-zahruine- way to small and conjested for 16 players most deff haha nice n chaotic. Prolly would play nice with 6-10 players where u can think straight a bit without gettin shot. Typically dont have more than a few ppl playin to even test my maps. Not too bad for my first map though and having to learn controls. Wellp hope yall enjoyed it though.

Fracture- nice asthetics and atmosphere awesome underbridge. Would b sweet if it was open or had a power weapon in it. Main cave bend is too small for 2 mantises haha. Reminded me of the good ol reach days. Overal doesnt need changes.

Lowlands- a bit too open. No real indication of the edge of map. Lifts shoot to hard. Bland coloring cant distinguish diff bases. Nice natural look though. Maybe scale it down a bit.

Artemis- awesome map astheticly and gameplay wise. Nice n chaotic. I like rhe central structures architecture. Like u said thats not the final version and u fixed the bomb location which is what i was thinkin. Warthogs prolly dont fit too well since theres only one main route of central structure. Other than that it was awesome.

Hangout- nice and creepy night vibe too it. Liked the light designs. It seemed like the ligjts turned on as time went by.

Fun time everyone thanks for having me. Too bad the servers were messin up at first. Enjoyed playin and chattin with whomever was on my team. Hope i made some more friends dor forge feedback and customs in the future

And of course thanks for hosting this lobby squally dabeanz.

Take care

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Maps played on 2/28:

Scorched Earth by Temporal Enigma- Timberlands reimagining.
The Cradle by Half Demon ANBU- Symmetrical Forerunner structure with a gondola.
Nightclub Beta by Mrmiclego11- Asymmetrical urban/construction map with a central nightclub.
Rat's Nest B.1 by MrBamle- Rat's Nest reimagining.
Echoes by The Grim Dealer- Symmetrical terrain map with Forerunner bases and a Banshee.
Ferrous by CommanderColson- Asymmetrical junkyard style map.
Kizingo by alex quit- Asymmetrical rainy urban map.
Zahruine by Storiedsquire- Symmetrical black Forerunner map.
Fracture by Squally DaBeanz- Symmetrical snowy map with Mantises and bridges.
Lowlands by Oasis Hurler- Symmetrical terrain map with various structures.
Artemis by The Psycho Duck- Symmetrical bow shaped Forerunner map.
Hangout by MartianMallCop- Asymmetrical toon-town style urban map.

Please leave any feedback you have for the maps you played. I will be posting mine at some point this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.