Gaming Destiny [Discussion]

Transhuman Plus

Proficient
Dec 28, 2012
2 months since last update? I mean bungie has released 2 new gameplay vids and released a few podcasts, I'm surprised that no-one's posted links or anything. I'm personally ready to hug Destiny to death like a strong mentally deficient adult who doesn't know his own strength, so I'm surprised at the lack of hype all-up-in-dis-bitch.

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
2 months since last update? I mean bungie has released 2 new gameplay vids and released a few podcasts, I'm surprised that no-one's posted links or anything. I'm personally ready to hug Destiny to death like a strong mentally deficient adult who doesn't know his own strength, so I'm surprised at the lack of hype all-up-in-dis-bitch.

me too bud, i think ill start posting here again!

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
Alright, so instead of creating a new thread, I'm just going to bump this one and put my thoughts here. The Destiny Alpha has come and gone. I have seen some gameplay of it and from watching it, I am not really impressed with Bungie. The voice actors (from what we have seen) just seems kinda bored with it. It just seems too much like, "I'm a total bad ass who can kill anything in a couple of shots." People who have played the Alpha, thoughts? Am I right, am I wrong?

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
You are wrong...

In all seriousness though, the Destiny Alpha blew people's minds.
I have seen and read about 50 first impressions so far, as it stands:
1 was not impressed
5 were more interested, they said it had potential
About 44 were absolutely loving the game

What let's Destiny shine are not revolutionary gameplay mechanics, but the combination of solid and familiar feeling core gameplay paired with activities for every mood, be it exploring ala skyrim, competetive multiplayer, coop activities, dungeon-like strikes, social get-togethers in the tower and of course the challenge of ultimate difficulty, the Raid

Please tell me your opinion after the beta again, I'm interested how it will change

Dax

o/
Jan 12, 2013
Seeing as how this won't really sink too far down in the thread list, I think it's time for an unstick.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I never thought I'd be allowed to play the Destiny Beta, since I've been saving money to make a trip to Canada. Turns out, he has access to it on his PS3, so I've managed to fit, uh, maybe three or so hours in?

I'll preface this by saying that I was very wary about how the game was going to turn out. But it's really something, for me, that would really come into its own when you take the controller into your own hands.

From the beta's first missions, capping the player level at Level 8, I thought the story was crushingly plain. It's hard to say how much they are wanting to truly allow the players to get into, and while I understand the lore is allegedly vast and rich, it didn't feel like it was going out of its way to let the player know. After a few arbitrary mission briefs and mutterings from the Peter Dinklage-ifyied AI companion, all I really feel like I've been told is that there are a bunch of aliens and I need to shoot them. I think there was something there about me being resurrected from the dead?!

Though gameplay wise, I'm definitely hooked. Against a few enemies, it can be a bit bland. But when you're juggling hordes of aliens surrounding you, two teammates on either side and a plethora of hard-to-earn, fun-to-use crowd clearing abilities, the game has the capacity to feel like a beautiful union between first person shooter and dungeon crawling loot and shoot. I was especially impressed with the strike mission that was available in the beta, which took the form of three progressive mini-missions, each ending in a climax of either holding out against waves on enemies in a well designed enclosed map, or fighting off against a boss and its limitless waves of called upon soldiers.

Last edited:

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
I never thought I'd be allowed to play the Destiny Beta, since I've been saving money to make a trip to Canada. Turns out, he has access to it on his PS3, so I've managed to fit, uh, maybe three or so hours in?

Whatcha coming to Canada for? Where abouts?

Charles Stoot

Master
Jan 13, 2013
Maine
www.youtube.com
I have a challenge for some of you guys whom are good with the internet. Can you create a nice looking destiny theme for Google Chrome the only one they have is pretty shitty I think being that its to dark to see anything and how beautiful the game is I think that there would be a better one. Please let me know if any of you are interested.