Gaming Destiny [Discussion]

We are [hopefully] just around the corner from Bungie revealing their new IP officially, and getting some real, hard information on what it's all about. Bungie keeps saying that they'll see us in 2013, and well, 2013 is here. Strap in.

Haven't heard of Destiny yet?
1. What you are doing is bad and you should feel bad.
2. Catch up at Misriah Solutions, the forefront of all Destiny news and speculation.

UPDATE: Check out some news about Destiny's upcoming reveal!

Discuss speculations, expectations, etc. here!

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
I know nearly nothing about it, but I heard a while ago that it was halo-ish in style and lore.

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I'm quite excited. The last Bungie game we saw which they had really put their heart into was Halo 3, and that is frankly my favorite game as it is second to none in polishedness and overall quality as far as I am concerned. So this will be great, I'm not exactly sure what to expect but I'm sure it'll be great whatever it is.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
the concept art so far has been pretty epic. like, iconic sci-fi epic.

i'm hoping it's a big crazy adventure shooter because knowing bungie, it'll be polished as shit, and the attention to detail will be crazy.

Titmar

Le Mar du Teet
Dec 23, 2012
i hope the player movement and vehicle movement keeps that halo feel.
thats basically my #1 thing that i want out of this game.

Word is (code for Urk confirmed it) that the next iteration of Bungie.net, affectionately named Bungie.next, will be dropping VERY soon. By the end of the month, at the very latest. Achronos, webmaster, has said in the past that they site will be super integrated (whoa, meta) and has hinted at it working very well on mobile devices as well.

Reactions: Titmar

ArmdNinja547

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
I really can't wait. I have to agree that this is their first game that they really fully put effort in since Halo 3 / ODST. Its ground breaking, something Bungie is the best at. When was the rumored release date? And also, wasn't it planned supposed to be part of the Xbox 720 or the Nextgen Xbox?

aladin91

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
I really can't wait. I have to agree that this is their first game that they really fully put effort in since Halo 3 / ODST. Its ground breaking, something Bungie is the best at. When was the rumored release date? And also, wasn't it planned supposed to be part of the Xbox 720 or the Nextgen Xbox?
i would certainly hope it will be on the "nextbox" seeing as how everything points to it being out this holiday season i would be shocked and disappointed if destiny was for the 360

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
At 2:24 in the video above it seems to suggest that Destiny will be available for both the Xbox 360 AND the Xbox 720. Also, it seems like it will come out in Fall 2013.