Community changing web series Halo Machinima

So, this is what I know of the tentacle aspects of the cast (this is going be a very slang version so I apologize in advance):

Narrative director and writer: PK9:laugh:arkOdyssey
Editor and Cameraman: elephantrotc
Gameplay designer: ??? almost all of us
Forgers: almost all of us
Producer: Zeek
Master Forger Editor: Sheila
Editors: mostly GUN

...and then a lot more help... But I like our flexible structure and how were not put in to a specific role.

When should I start writing a introduction advertisement?

I was thinking of the alliance having a Griff ball tournament (Zeek) and us talking about the show in the fancy-schmancy sky box.

I also want to mention that a friend of mine helped me with space line and he put in the magical rock, I think, but I made this story idea around the magical rock. I know he would like to meet all of you but his Xbox crash a long time ago. Hopefully, when he's playing with me sometime on Halo, I can introduce you to him.

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
well, how about we both create a script for it now, being teaser saying we're going to need community involvement. From there, we can create another one advertising the first episode. And like all shows, have a next week episode clip thing...

The Zoid

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Hungary
Heyy guys! I just read the whole thing and I'd like to help in anyway I can, probably participating in the battles mostly. I read the script for the first episode, and its correction, there are some things I think it could be better but otherwise great. Also a question: umm... when are you gonna start making this?

Reactions: P.K9XDarkOdyssey
Heyy guys! I just read the whole thing and I'd like to help in anyway I can, probably participating in the battles mostly. I read the script for the first episode, and its correction, there are some things I think it could be better but otherwise great. Also a question: umm... when are you gonna start making this?
I'm planning for a start filming in early summer and around early to mid summer start to play it. I did make the scripts in about a hour, more or less, but we do appreciate any criticism you have about the scripts. If you want help us with the battles, you could be our battle host when we have the maps set up. As battle host, your job is to host the battles at a scheduled pace and as soon as you are done, you are going to save the film version and give it to zeezke, also soon as possible. Sadly, you are going to have to wait until we are done making the levels and then we're going to have a practice hosting, which will be your first test of hosting. Of course, there are other positions too and you're going to have to talk with zeezke about this more.

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
sorry, i know i havent been the most active... but early summer? I was hoping on having the first episode out by the end of april... or is that too early?

The Zoid

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Hungary
Thanks for the anwser, I see why you wnat to do it in summer, but also why zeeke wnats it out earlier. Also, I live in europe, sooo I was thinking I could be, well obviously, the host on the "european front". I'll get some practice by hosting a few customs here :p. Thanks again.

Golophin087

Novice
Jan 13, 2013
We always welcome new members and also new ideas as we proceed with this machinima. Any ideas and questions are welcome. I'm all for the summer idea, seeing as I really have to put my focus in school and work. But I agree, it would be done sooner, but we'd like to work out the few kinks that are left as well as have time to add new ideas.

This is what I have for the infomercial. Tell me what I need to change what I should keep. This also involves, levels of comfortability, grammar, what fits with your personality, and other stuff. Also, never ask about draft one, never! It was a funny but bad idea.

Attachments

• Halo web series Infomercial draft 2.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 242

Zeezke99

Expert
Jan 9, 2013
I am fair game with summer also.. and I have a few ideas for commericials to announce this. So after watching:
Elder Scrolls Online Alliance:
and
Cobra Special Forces:
That maybe have like 3 "cinematic" trailers. One for each faction as a recruitment tool.

And I was wondering about soundtrack. Should we try and find music? Or just stick with HALO 4 OST?

I am fair game with summer also.. and I have a few ideas for commericials to announce this. So after watching:
and
Cobra Special Forces:
That maybe have like 3 "cinematic" trailers. One for each faction as a recruitment tool.

And I was wondering about soundtrack. Should we try and find music? Or just stick with HALO 4 OST?

I think a trailer explaining each faction is a good idea. I was also wondering if people are going to be part of a faction or their assigned a team when they jump in the game. Usually I'm for the audience choosing stuff but I think it's simpler if they jump in the game and they're just assigned a team.

Also, I think we should use Halo music from all the games but there is one song I want to use for the last episode that has nothing to do with Halo. It's to help Dr. Sketch seem more creepy.

elephantrotc

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
and
Cobra Special Forces:

i have a lot of music on my computer for commercials so don't worry about that

elephantrotc

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
and
Cobra Special Forces:

we should do one where it combines both of these trailers. 3 separate previews for each team. then one giant trailer to bring them all together. i don't want to give spoilers on this so i can tell you more on xbox live