Casually Competitive Customs and Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2013
Hey guys, I made a gametype to try and make Halo 4 play a little like previous Halo games. I'll host a game next week, what would be a good time?

Reactions: Nondual
Sounds great! Also, I would love to hear more about your Neutral Bomb setting. We've been trying to use Grifball, but we have to make separate variants with weapons on the map instead of ordinance drops (because initial drops are disabled) and because there's no way to not make the "bomb" arm instantly, I haven't had too much luck making stuff that people are crazy about . . . But I am still working on it.

Actually, you can't put weapons on the map with the Grifball setting, so everything has to be Personal Ordnance, but the way I made the gametype, the P.O.'s work more like ammo re-supplies, being basic drops that occur more often. I've had some really fun, really good games on Harvest, Wreckage and Skyline. We just have to get used to the instant arm, the epic battle beforehand is what makes it work, kinda like in 1 Flag when they've got your flag and they're headed home. Once you set the team respawns to occur only on each teams 1/2 of the map, with a anti-respawn zone just around the bomb plant, it works well for some fast-paced action.

Oh yeah, and the maps and gametypes are in my fileshare too, so anyone who wants to check 'em out can do it. All the "Oldschool" maps have weapon spawns like Halo 3, and all the MMHC maps are set up for Neutral Bomb <or it's mildy goofy cousin, that is. My Oldschool gametypes, unlike many others, aren't faster than Halo 4 because I don't want to go back into matchmaking and have it feel slow. The only thing that's changed is the balance. Instead of everyone having power weapons randomly, they're more of the "fight for the sniper and rocket launcher" type of games, and those weapons are found in similar places to where you'd find them in Halo 3.

Reactions: FRYMEN and Nondual

Nondual

Be in the Now
Actually, you can't put weapons on the map with the Grifball setting, so everything has to be Personal Ordnance, but the way I made the gametype, the P.O.'s work more like ammo re-supplies, being basic drops that occur more often. I've had some really fun, really good games on Harvest, Wreckage and Skyline. We just have to get used to the instant arm, the epic battle beforehand is what makes it work, kinda like in 1 Flag when they've got your flag and they're headed home. Once you set the team respawns to occur only on each teams 1/2 of the map, with a anti-respawn zone just around the bomb plant, it works well for some fast-paced action.

Oh yeah, and the maps and gametypes are in my fileshare too, so anyone who wants to check 'em out can do it. All the "Oldschool" maps have weapon spawns like Halo 3, and all the MMHC maps are set up for Neutral Bomb <or it's mildy goofy cousin, that is. My Oldschool gametypes, unlike many others, aren't faster than Halo 4 because I don't want to go back into matchmaking and have it feel slow. The only thing that's changed is the balance. Instead of everyone having power weapons randomly, they're more of the "fight for the sniper and rocket launcher" type of games, and those weapons are found in similar places to where you'd find them in Halo 3.

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, getting rid of random power weapons and having them respawn at regular intervals, just like all the previous Halo games is the way all of our stuff is set up too.

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
We had some pretty good customs last night. A new member of the Casual-Competitive "Band" has been "Initiated"

Welcome to Casual-Competitive Customs, G00D 0LD WAR!

Infinity+Rumble+%282%29.jpg

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Glad to hear that, sir. Looking forward to joining one of your lobbies in the near future. I'm taking off from work for a week next week, so let's set something up.

I'll bring my usual squad: B.oB.S. = Band of Brothers (& Sisters)

Infinity+Rumble+%281%29.jpg

Reactions: Nondual

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
I should be able to get that done tonight. Most of us are on the east coast or mid-west, but the games go on and on and on. I sent you a friend request on xbox, but I think it's full.

Word of advice (mostly to lobby hosts)

You can create a silver xbox live acct (FREE) and use that to add ppl. More like a msg holder. Just have both controllers plugged in and you are set.
Just make another name (FRYMEN2.0)

try it out.

Nondual

Be in the Now
I should be able to get that done tonight. Most of us are on the east coast or mid-west, but the games go on and on and on. I sent you a friend request on xbox, but I think it's full.

Word of advice (mostly to lobby hosts)

You can create a silver xbox live acct (FREE) and use that to add ppl. More like a msg holder. Just have both controllers plugged in and you are set.
Just make another name (FRYMEN2.0)

try it out.

Yeah secondary silver accounts are extremely useful. I started mine (Nondual Customs) back when the Halo 3 map "Sandbox" came out and I wanted to start hosting. It worked really well for meeting lots of people, and always having a list of people to invite to games. I just recently cleared it out so I could make room for more people from this site.

Frymen I sent you a friend request from my Nondual Customs account, and hopefully I'll get to game with you a bunch in the near future and then I'll have to make room on my main friends list :pirate:

Reactions: FRYMEN
Thanks for the games. Loads of fun.

Yeah, and Nondual got your name right! He started with Eddie and quickly corrected himself so I didn't have to ;) lol (People are *always* calling her Eddy, I always say, 'It's EEDEE!")

Edie, you should make another tag: NotEddyMKay

Frymen: I know you from somewhere, but I can't figure it out...

Punx lobby starts in 45 mins, I might try to make it in thar, see what's goin' on.

Status
Not open for further replies.