Casually Competitive Customs and Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
<---Look who got off his can and signed up!
There’s no way I can wait till next Friday to get some more customs going. I would like to host Sunday night, or Monday night, let me know what one of those nights will work best for you guys and we’ll go from there. Thanks everyone for always being awesome.
My vote goes to Sunday. I'll be busy from 7:00 PM - around 9:30 PM EST that night; I help out with creating highlight videos for The Sunday Sequence Break on twitch.tv, but after that it's on like Donkey Kong.

Got a new Jousting map (possibly two!) all worked out if we get to that sort of thing, and Dual, you've already seen the changes to Rush Hour. :) Still tweaking it a bit, BTW, but I've got the version we looked at saved as a backup.

Reactions: Nondual

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Good day, gentlemen (and ladies)

I will be hosting a match around 8pm est.

Hope to see you there. Let go, competitive maps!

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
I host as well. Hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I am trying to keep this group as alive as possible on my end, in anyway that I can. Fully support the movement of this group.

Reactions: Nondual

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
No, a couple other guys host as well. Nondual started the group, and he and Short Bizzle host the most often, but they set it up for anyone who wanted to hold casually competitive game nights. Frymen's got the next one, and I should be there tonight.

Ahh...
Well it seems like a cool idea.
You guys share maps too?

Nondual

Be in the Now
So is Nondual the only host for this group?
The more hosts the merrier! I just request that hosts somewhat try to follow the "Hosting tips and Guidelines" outlined in the group description. The main purpose of this group is to make it easier to find players that like to play this sort of games.

We do share maps, I need to get a more complete list together of the stuff I have and like to play, and encourage others to do the same in the group description. Moar infoz coming soon!

Nondual

Be in the Now
I host as well. Hopefully I am not stepping on anyone's toes. I am trying to keep this group as alive as possible on my end, in anyway that I can. Fully support the movement of this group.
I appreciate your support man, It's really cool that you're hosting! Bizzle told me he really liked gaming with you and your friends. I wish I could make it to your games, but unfortunately that's too early in the evening for my schedule right now. But we'll see what the future holds! Keep up the good work.

Reactions: FRYMEN
People are hearing about how much fun I had at the game night and want me to host a night to share some of the maps and gametypes. I'm leaning towards next Wednesday, starting at 5pm PST/8pm EST. What's the chances I can meet up for a map/gametype swap before then?

I have no problem sticking with the main group description ;D

Edit: I just saw Fryman is doing Wednesdays? I could do my night on Thursday, too. For now it's just a one-time thing.

Editx2: omg, I thought today was Thursday. Hoboy, it's going to be one of those days...

Nondual

Be in the Now
People are hearing about how much fun I had at the game night and want me to host a night to share some of the maps and gametypes. I'm leaning towards next Wednesday, starting at 5pm PST/8pm EST. What's the chances I can meet up for a map/gametype swap before then?

I have no problem sticking with the main group description ;D

Edit: I just saw Fryman is doing Wednesdays? I could do my night on Thursday, too. For now it's just a one-time thing.

Editx2: omg, I thought today was Thursday. Hoboy, it's going to be one of those days...

Sounds good! I'm glad you liked our settings. That would be no problem to meet up with you (and if anyone else wants to make it) to swap maps and gametypes. Give me a couple days to get some polish done on said gametypes and a list (part of what you've already seen, I think this will be very helpful.) Would Sunday or Monday night after 9:00PST/10:00MST work?

Also, I'm planning on hosting again Friday night, where we will be playing even more awesomeness.

Rev Righteous

Proficient
I appreciate your support man, It's really cool that you're hosting! Bizzle told me he really liked gaming with you and your friends. I wish I could make it to your games, but unfortunately that's too early in the evening for my schedule right now. But we'll see what the future holds! Keep up the good work.

I'll second that; Fry did a good job of keeping things well organized and fun. He's one of those hosts who has a plan, and takes time to explain the maps and games and get everybody on the same page. You and he and Bizzle all put in the work and herd the cats so to speak when you guys host. The group is becoming chock full of opportunities to play some great casually competitive Halo

Reactions: FRYMEN and Nondual
Sounds good! I'm glad you liked our settings. That would be no problem to meet up with you (and if anyone else wants to make it) to swap maps and gametypes. Give me a couple days to get some polish done on said gametypes and a list (part of what you've already seen, I think this will be very helpful.) Would Sunday or Monday night after 9:00PST/10:00MST work?

Also, I'm planning on hosting again Friday night, where we will be playing even more awesomeness.

Sure, let's plan on Sunday around 10pm MST. I'll still try to make it Friday, too. When I put it on the calendar here, at Halo UNITY, my site, etc, I'm going to call it "Spartan's Playground Customs w/ CHa0s" but I'll post up your description and put a link to this thread, does that work for you?

I went ahead and set it up!:

spartans-playground-banner.png

http://halocustoms.com/threads/apr-17-2013-spartans-playground-customs-w-cha0s-addict3d-2cha0s.7758/

I didn't put it in there, but I'm open to people from the group that get the ok with Nondual testing their maps that night, too.

Edit: Oh, and if anyone has a cool map they'd like me to set up for Neutral Bomb, that would be, well... the bomb! ;D

Reactions: ShortBizzle

Nondual

Be in the Now
Sure, let's plan on Sunday around 10pm MST. I'll still try to make it Friday, too. When I put it on the calendar here, at Halo UNITY, my site, etc, I'm going to call it "Spartan's Playground Customs w/ CHa0s" but I'll post up your description and put a link to this thread, does that work for you?
Sounds great! Also, I would love to hear more about your Neutral Bomb setting. We've been trying to use Grifball, but we have to make separate variants with weapons on the map instead of ordinance drops (because initial drops are disabled) and because there's no way to not make the "bomb" arm instantly, I haven't had too much luck making stuff that people are crazy about . . . But I am still working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.