Casually Competitive Customs and Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nondual

Be in the Now
Thanks for playing last night everyone, that was a ton of fun! Games were really full, sorry to anyone that didn't get in. Yet another session that I meant to only last 3 hours, but then we were having so much fun it lasted for 5! I also got some really good feedback about how to make a few things better. So much work to do!

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Edit: actually, my second post (which hopefully isn't eaten by the internet) said more and said it better. Wait for that one to pop up when the database catches up.

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Hey, y'all, wanted to man up and apologize for my performance over the weekend, particularly on Sunday. Not my in-game performance, but my personal performance. I was running on next to no sleep and as a result I was a) no fun to be teamed up with for all the complaining I was doing, b) rude to dual about maps and gametypes, and most importantly, c) rude to Stained With Red on a personal level. My behavior was unacceptable and low-class to boot. I should have taken the high-road and just realized it wasn't a good night for me to play but, for whatever bull-headed reason, I didn't. I hope y'all can forgive me for being an ass.

Nondual and I have talked and I think we're generally straightened out, but y'all deserve an apology as well. Particularly you, Stained With Red; I was acting like a huge jerkass and taking out frustrations on the guy who was beating me at Halo which is immature to say the least. Sorry, man. Hope we can bury the hatchet and be cool from here on out.

Tried to post this re-post once already, but I think my post was eaten by the server issues, so I'm trying again. If this one results in a double-post, well, so be it, double apology, since I was clearly in double-time jackass mode.

Reactions: FRYMEN

Nondual

Be in the Now
(forgive the broken conversation, the server is having issues because ass clowns keep attacking it.)

You're good man, thanks for being so cool and understanding. I felt pretty bad sending you an email, you’re an awesome guy and I definitely want to keep you in the games, I just needed to get some stuff off my chest.

I’ll also do what I can to keep working on, refining and finding good game content. I’m sorry you got frustrated with a couple of my settings. Like I mentioned before, I can appreciate that different people like playing different things. I’ll readily admit that some of the stuff I think up is definitely on the crazy side and isn’t for everyone, and very often needs more refinement. It’s common that someone doesn’t like a certain map or setting, and once I’m aware of that, it’s easy to just not load it up when they’re in the party. We have plenty of other awesome stuff to play.

Something Bizzle and I do when we’re not loving something is that we “vote” to end it early, or have things be different. (you’ve probably heard us say something along these lines before.) For example someone could be like “I vote we don’t do pistols on that map again,” or “If we ended this right now and played BR’s on this instead that would be a lot better.” That would be totally cool, and actually sometimes that can even be funny, lol.

Once again, I really appreciate your coolness and understanding about things. I also appreciate your input and willingness to help our group find and make more and more amazing content.

FRYMEN

Proficient
Jan 10, 2013
Glad to see everyone making up.

With that said, I might open up my room to the public tonight. Stay Tuned.

Can you feel the love in the room? Can you?!? ;D

grouphugg.gif

Reactions: DntMakeMeClutch

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Hey gilder ,I am StainedWithRed and I forgive you man .I hope from here on out we will all be cool with each other :)
Awesome, man, glad we're cool.

See everyone on Friday, hopefully with a brand new joust map for later in the night's shenanigans. This one's a little more dangerous than NOW DIG THIS! and Like Buttah, so bring your driving skills as well as your shooting skills!

Reactions: Nondual
Like one bomb assault or traditional 2 bomb assault? I've looked into it before, but I'll see if I can come up with something this time.

I don't think you can have two Grifballs on the map at the same time, but not totally positive on this. But it seems like Assault (one-bomb) could be set up using the same Forge trick as 1-Flag. Not sure if it would work, was just curious if anyone had tested it.

On another note, set up a gamenight for this coming Tuesday :D http://halocustoms.com/threads/apr-30-2013-spartans-playground-customs-w-cha0s-addict3d-2cha0s.8396/

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Grim news, Joust fans. Ended up having to stay three hours late at work tonight, so finishing the new Joust map probably isn't gonna happen for this week. On the upside, that gives me a whole extra bonus week to polish it. I blame work, and coming up with amazing, yet complicated ideas at 4 AM. I'm bummed too, but man, these ideas are the hotness. Once I finish dinner, we'll see if I can finish the ideas before IT'S GO TIME! GET SOOOOME! (anyone getting this reference gets fifteen bonus awesome points).

I haven't played Joust yet! Or Happy Wars or Hoggy Ball! My life is not complete!
A common lament. We'll have to see if we can get Dual to joust a bit earlier (but not so early as to turn off players who are looking for what's actually advertised as the focus of the lobby). Either that, or you gotta step up your "staying awake super late" game :) . The tough thing is it requires an honor rule which is impossible to enforce via any current in-game custom settings (melee only while on foot). It's worth the hassle, since the gametype will (and I do mean will) lead to some of the most action packed film clips you'll ever pack action into in a Halo game.

http://halo.bungie.net/Silverlight/bungiemediaplayer/embed.aspx?fid=10504890

It's the only film I have of jousting still available to me, and it's from Reach, but it shows off two things: 1) style 2) why the Concussion Rifle Pimp Tool is your secondary in a lot of joust modes.

I don't think you can have two Grifballs on the map at the same time, but not totally positive on this. But it seems like Assault (one-bomb) could be set up using the same Forge trick as 1-Flag. Not sure if it would work, was just curious if anyone had tested it.

On another note, set up a gamenight for this coming Tuesday :D http://halocustoms.com/threads/apr-30-2013-spartans-playground-customs-w-cha0s-addict3d-2cha0s.8396/
One sided grif ball is easy to achieve, just don't put down the attackers "grif_goal". The problem is there is always a waypoint over the ball carrier and defenders can pick up the ball. The work around is give the ball carrier an overshield and turn auto pick up off. There would have to be an honor rule that says the defender's can't pick up the ball.

Nondual

Be in the Now
One sided grif ball is easy to achieve, just don't put down the attackers "grif_goal". The problem is there is always a waypoint over the ball carrier and defenders can pick up the ball. The work around is give the ball carrier an overshield and turn auto pick up off. There would have to be an honor rule that says the defender's can't pick up the ball.

Yeah I've brainstormed on a way to play Assault as well. Unfortunately Flag gametypes don't work very well either, because there's always a waypoint over the flag carrier. And even though the game says you can turn off the waypoint in the game settings, it's bugged and always stays on.

I really think Asymmetric Extraction works pretty well though. The Arm time just needs to be 15 seconds I think, to compensate for anyone being able to arm the bomb. I'll have to see if I can get a few more maps set up for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.