Castle Map Pack

hc-coolstuff.jpg

Hello again, I hope you had a good relaxing weekend. I know I sure did.

Major Nelson surprised us this morning with a treat of castles. Castle Map Pack that is.

Castles Crashed!

The third and final map pack of Halo 4 looks to be the best of all. Which needs a lot to live up to the Majestic Map Pack.

Check out the video here:

What we're in for:

Daybreak:

Two UNSC bases oppose each other in this large asymmetrical map. Teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own. Claim your team’s sniper rifle to cover the central Man Cannon, or grab a Warthog to push through the side channels and flank the enemy base. The Rocket Launcher and Banshee both spawn in positions diagonal to the starting bases; claiming their firepower early is crucial to land the first flag cap or take an early lead in kills.

Outcast:

Controlling vehicle paths is critical in this circular map set in a desert environment. Outcast features frequent Mantis vs. Wraith battles, so teams must keep their drivers informed with constant communication to get the drop on enemy vehicles. While driving the Mantis, you can target fusion coils in tunnels to flush out camping opponents directly into your rain of fire, or cover your flag runner’s dash to a friendly Warthog. If you find yourself without a vehicle, race to the secondary bases to secure a power weapon or drop on enemies for a game-changing hijack.

Perdition:

Blending long sightlines, vehicles, and close-quarters combat, Perdition caters to nearly any gameplay style. Wheelmen and gunners will be right at home in this urban environment as a well-placed Warthog can lock down a quarter of the map, securing valuable ordnances for the team. Learning the interior routes is essential to both escaping danger and finishing off ranged kills. Be sure to look for the Gravity Hammer in Power Station 3 – an ideal revenge weapon against a pesky sniper or a big surprise for an enemy Warthog.

Till next time.

To everyone complaining about a lot of big team maps in Halo 4, think about this: It's nearly impossible to create a good big team map in forge without having either framerate issues or size constraints. 4V4s, on the other hand, can be done much easier. I say let 343 give us a good variety of big team maps, and let forge maps expand the 4V4 side of the spectrum.
This was exactly the way I feel about it. I was talking to my CC guy about it and he has a good counterpoint:

Yeah, the problem with that mentality is, if you flood 4v4 with Forge maps, you get a bunch of maps that all look identical and perform poorly. And the sad truth is the community will never accept Forge maps as legitimate maps as long as it's an adapted object editor, not a map creation tool.

Hard to argue that :\

To everyone complaining about a lot of big team maps in Halo 4, think about this: It's nearly impossible to create a good big team map in forge without having either framerate issues or size constraints. 4V4s, on the other hand, can be done much easier. I say let 343 give us a good variety of big team maps, and let forge maps expand the 4V4 side of the spectrum.
I agree

Challenge Accepted.

I think they decided to make more large maps because most people are still in BTB playlist. And people have grown tired of the dominion maps that we have and these are said to be playable with dominion.
They all look really cool. :y:

People, the problem isnt with big maps, but big crowded maps. These are alot more open and feel more like classic halo maps. They look so awesome!

Aside from almost all forge maps look bland and made out of building blocks... And if that wasn't enough, most forge maps out right blow. So far there have only been two forge maps that have actually impressed me: Edifice by Redemption and Crossfire by Sethiroth. Everything else struggles to be even mediocrity decent.

Aside from almost all forge maps look bland and made out of building blocks... And if that wasn't enough, most forge maps out right blow. So far there have only been two forge maps that have actually impressed me: Edifice by Redemption and Crossfire by Sethiroth. Everything else struggles to be even mediocrity decent.
What are you missing here? Stigma, Jade, Opal, Artifice...these are well-made and GOOD maps.

Reactions: EmbarkingZeus
There are plenty of good maps out there, you just gotta find them. Just because something isn't flooding some big forum, doesn't mean it doesn't exist or isn't a good map.

Reactions: EmbarkingZeus
Didn't really care for any of those actually.
Doesn't matter if you cared for them or not, Jade and Opal are definitely not the type of map I play (I like BTB and 4v4) but I acknowledge that they are pretty great maps.

Back to the point of this, I want to see what I can forge with these. Hopefully there's a hidden 4th map pack that gives a newer, bigger forge environments or at least an updated Forge World (which I'm not THAT big of a fan of, but it's something). These maps look REALLY fun and will fit well with the BTB lobbies I'll be hosting starting in April.

Doesn't matter if you cared for them or not, Jade and Opal are definitely not the type of map I play (I like BTB and 4v4) but I acknowledge that they are pretty great maps.

Back to the point of this, I want to see what I can forge with these. Hopefully there's a hidden 4th map pack that gives a newer, bigger forge environments or at least an updated Forge World (which I'm not THAT big of a fan of, but it's something). These maps look REALLY fun and will fit well with the BTB lobbies I'll be hosting starting in April.

I acknowledge that other people like them, but I don't think of them as great maps.

BTB is the only gametype that doesnt seem broken in Halo 4, while thats bad in most ways, at least a plethora of maps keeps it insanely fun... I play small or big, as long as its Halo

Does anybody think the forge playlist will be returning anytime soon? And when will 343 fix Flood, I still have to go back to Reach to get my zombie fix

Does anybody think the forge playlist will be returning anytime soon? And when will 343 fix Flood, I still have to go back to Reach to get my zombie fix
The Forge playlist will be a recurring thing. Whenever the Cartographers have a new set of maps ready for public testing it will come back for another two week round.

Reactions: Taetronus