Castle Map Pack

hc-coolstuff.jpg

Hello again, I hope you had a good relaxing weekend. I know I sure did.

Major Nelson surprised us this morning with a treat of castles. Castle Map Pack that is.

Castles Crashed!

The third and final map pack of Halo 4 looks to be the best of all. Which needs a lot to live up to the Majestic Map Pack.

Check out the video here:

What we're in for:

Daybreak:

Two UNSC bases oppose each other in this large asymmetrical map. Teams must split focus between attacking the enemy base while playing close defense to their own. Claim your team’s sniper rifle to cover the central Man Cannon, or grab a Warthog to push through the side channels and flank the enemy base. The Rocket Launcher and Banshee both spawn in positions diagonal to the starting bases; claiming their firepower early is crucial to land the first flag cap or take an early lead in kills.

Outcast:

Controlling vehicle paths is critical in this circular map set in a desert environment. Outcast features frequent Mantis vs. Wraith battles, so teams must keep their drivers informed with constant communication to get the drop on enemy vehicles. While driving the Mantis, you can target fusion coils in tunnels to flush out camping opponents directly into your rain of fire, or cover your flag runner’s dash to a friendly Warthog. If you find yourself without a vehicle, race to the secondary bases to secure a power weapon or drop on enemies for a game-changing hijack.

Perdition:

Blending long sightlines, vehicles, and close-quarters combat, Perdition caters to nearly any gameplay style. Wheelmen and gunners will be right at home in this urban environment as a well-placed Warthog can lock down a quarter of the map, securing valuable ordnances for the team. Learning the interior routes is essential to both escaping danger and finishing off ranged kills. Be sure to look for the Gravity Hammer in Power Station 3 – an ideal revenge weapon against a pesky sniper or a big surprise for an enemy Warthog.

Till next time.

Look meh. Majestic at least had some decent sized maps for an under represented part of the game, but those were rather sub par as well... Honestly, so long as the maps look "pretty", most of you plebeians will "ooooh" and "ahhhhh" them all the way to the bank.

Well Schnitzel, seeing as we have no actual way of knowing how the maps play right now, I think we will have to settle on how they look/ speculation.

And for map count, well, now the 4 v 4 players know how the BTB players have felt for a long while now. I'm ok with a role reversal and actually being able to choose between a number of large maps.

These maps look great, I just wish 343/Microsoft would lower the price of their DLC. I mean I have bought all of the maps and will also buy this one, but 3 maps for 1/6 of the games original value is hardly worth it. I really think if they charged $5 they would make a lot more money. 343 either needs to start releasing more than just maps as their DLC or charge less.

I'm glad that 343 is keeping things interesting by releasing maps so often. But We really need some change in the forge scenery big-scale, similar to impact and Ravine. Erosion too, but that was a little limited. I am hoping, like I'm sure most of you all are as well, that these are actually forge-able unlike the last two map packs which didn't have much at all

I'm glad that 343 is keeping things interesting by releasing maps so often. But We really need some change in the forge scenery big-scale, similar to impact and Ravine. Erosion too, but that was a little limited. I am hoping, like I'm sure most of you all are as well, that these are actually forge-able unlike the last two map packs which didn't have much at all
Landfall is credited with limited forgability.

Daybreak kind of gives me a Reach/Halo 1 vibe with the snow cover mountains in the background and that little chill you get just thinking of the fresh cold air of winter me like it :titmar:

Reactions: evergreen948
^ And we could all do without the condescending term "Plebeians" attributed to us, thanks.
Forgive Halo players for getting hyped about, and enjoying, new Halo maps. It must be such a foreign concept to an apparent map design guru.

to me those maps visually looks like they come from different parts of all halo games

DAYBREAK: looks like it comes from Halo REACH just look at the grass and mountains so REACHy

OUTCAST: looks like the campaign map (visually) from H3 when you first land on the "ark" (desert map)
(but the sky box looks like it could be on reach)

PERDITION: it looks as it come from Halo ODST it just simply reminds me of New Mombasa

To everyone complaining about a lot of big team maps in Halo 4, think about this: It's nearly impossible to create a good big team map in forge without having either framerate issues or size constraints. 4V4s, on the other hand, can be done much easier. I say let 343 give us a good variety of big team maps, and let forge maps expand the 4V4 side of the spectrum.