Halo Your favourite loadout weapon?

NathanP

Qualified
Jan 9, 2013
Québec, Canada
I'm with you on that. The BR is easily my favorite, but sometimes on larger maps I have to switch to the overpowered DMR to aoid getting completely owned. I can outshoot most people with a BR, but the DMR just outguns it in most situations which is frustrating.

I also like the carbine and magnum.
Just for the Covy carbine, you earned my respect!

GoldenArcadia

Novice
Feb 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
I don't really mind, but I prefer having a BR
and the mobility perk.
BR mostly because it was my favorite weapon since halo 2 and the mobility perk because i can run around non-stop punching people :[ ].
Melee because my gun in your face just feels so much more satisfying

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
I don't really mind, but I prefer having a BR
and the mobility perk.
BR mostly because it was my favorite weapon since halo 2 and the mobility perk because i can run around non-stop punching people :[ ].
Melee because my gun in your face just feels so much more satisfying
And so it should. Nothing is more satisfying than the feeling of punching someone in the face with your rifle, and if the enemy player is a complete jackass, you can add a little victory tea-bag to add to your satisfaction. *nods head in approvement*

Reactions: GoldenArcadia

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
I used to use my AR alot but I've been using my BR a ton lately. I refuse to use the DMR until it is patched even though my first halo was reach.
My first online Halo was Reach. My first Halo game was 3, but I only had an Arcade without a wireless adapter and no ethernet cable. I didn't get online until 3 days after the launch of Reach. Still, I prefer the BR over the DMR anyday. But in all honesty, for me, the best weapon has to be the carbine. It may be hard to use (or it could just be me being terrible) but I still love that gun. It feels powerful, without feeling like a tank like the DMR does, yet it feels lightweight to make you feel faster overall. "Gotta go faster, faster, faster faster faster!" :p

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
I'm more boring and like the DMR since it's not too difficult to use and it's very powerful. My 2nd favorite gun to use is the AR on small to medium maps. I hated the AR in Halo: Reach, but I love the way they made it in Halo 4. It's actually an option for online play, unlike in Reach where the DMR would always beat the AR. I actually never really liked the BR (sorry BR lovers) but it's inferior at close range and at close range it can still be bested by the DMR.

FREEDOM COBRA

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
United States, Mississippi
I'm more boring and like the DMR since it's not too difficult to use and it's very powerful. My 2nd favorite gun to use is the AR on small to medium maps. I hated the AR in Halo: Reach, but I love the way they made it in Halo 4. It's actually an option for online play, unlike in Reach where the DMR would always beat the AR. I actually never really liked the BR (sorry BR lovers) but it's inferior at close range and at close range it can still be bested by the DMR.
The stupid Reach DMR it was basicly "Hey guys here are some cool guns now only one doesn't suck!". I like the BR because the 3-round burst gives you a nice margin of error to play with.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
The stupid Reach DMR it was basicly "Hey guys here are some cool guns now only one doesn't suck!". I like the BR because the 3-round burst gives you a nice margin of error to play with.
Yea I just wish that the BR was better than the DMR at close range. Then BR would always beat DMR at close range. That would make so much sense to me.

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
I have to disagree with everything you've said. I use the guns that feel the best, not because they are the best. The DMR feels too much like a tank, so I don't like using it. The BR feels quite powerful whilst not feeling too OP, that's why I use it. Of course, the best gun for feel I think is the Carbine; it feels lightweight, yet because of it's fire rate (spam cannon :p) it feels powerful. The AR feels a lot more powerful in 4 than it did in Reach or 3.

captfrozen

Proficient
Jan 9, 2013
Over there
I have to disagree with everything you've said. I use the guns that feel the best, not because they are the best. The DMR feels too much like a tank, so I don't like using it. The BR feels quite powerful whilst not feeling too OP, that's why I use it. Of course, the best gun for feel I think is the Carbine; it feels lightweight, yet because of it's fire rate (spam cannon :p) it feels powerful. The AR feels a lot more powerful in 4 than it did in Reach or 3.
Well even if the DMR dosen't "feel" right for some people. it is still the best primary weapon overall if you can use it properly. I like the carbine as well, but I tend to miss more with it and it's range isn't as good as the DMR.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan