Halo Your favourite loadout weapon?

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
That it's awesome and possibly the most well rounded of the weapons?

Can be used at all ranges effectively, and any type of focus fire while zoomed in makes people drop like it's hot.

I love the feel of the LR, feels like the BR, but has a bit more range.
Ah yes, the Light rifle; the under appreciated gun of Halo 4. I very rarely see people using this, but they definitely should. I don't use it because it just feels too...floaty. But it does have both long and short ranges covered, if the wielder is fairly accurate.

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
DMR all day, every day. Nuff' said.

I agree, I can get the most kills with a DMR, but I don't enjoy it. When I kill someone with it, it's just like, "Okay. Now they're dead. I... I feel nothing..." but with the LightRifle, it's like, "DIE, FUCKIN DMR USER BITCH!"

Reactions: Ariel Morgan

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
I agree, I can get the most kills with a DMR, but I don't enjoy it. When I kill someone with it, it's just like, "Okay. Now they're dead. I... I feel nothing..." but with the LightRifle, it's like, "DIE, FUCKIN DMR USER BITCH!"
In all honesty, a real man charges into battle against a DMR using nothing but their face...and wins!

Reactions: Tedium

Ariel Morgan

Adept
Dec 27, 2012
Oak Park, MI
I think the LR in this game feels more like the BR from H3 than the BR does.

The BR has the burst when you zoom, but after that it just feels like a toned down version of the H3 BR, right down to the vibrations, sounds, range and animations it makes.

The Light Rifle has the burst feel from H3's BR imo. It also has awesome ranged power and a nifty combo (1 ranged, 3 bursts).

The LR can also out duel a DMR at close range.

I just love the feel of that gun

Reactions: Tedium

MLPLiam

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
UK
Any gun can out-gun any gun, it's just a matter of being able to use it. Even though the DMR is the strongest, I still use the BR and I still kill DMR users in one-on-one situations. If you can use a gun, you can out-gun anyone.

Garpfruit

Proficient
Jan 13, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I love the LR on principal, but in practice the zoomed is about equal to the DMR (not a problem) on the other hand, the unzoomed has a kill time of over 2 seconds (for reference a DMR takes about 1.75 sec). That just doesn't work for me. I can understand that it was done to make it not OP, but that is just too long to be a match for any other precision primary. I also would like the boltshot, but it takes 11 shots to kill and the clip only has 10... I'm sure you also see the problem. My favorite then falls into a tie between the BR, the AR, and the magnum.

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
Magnum's surprisingly good. I like it much better than the Reach version. Something about the Magnum's reticle in Halo 4 feels really nice.