What Are You Working On?

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
I've been working on a new squad design in Maya. This map is rather linear and elongated and draws some inspiration from Narrows. There are several long, controlled lines of sight on the map. The vehicle circuit allows 'hogs to travel through the bottom of the main bridge and follow ramps up to the top of it. From there, they can ramp off to either side and re-enter the circuit. They can also loop through the caves which flank the bases. Despite the linear nature of the map, I wanted the tops of the bases where the flags spawn to be exposed to one another. The curved geometry will create some interesting sightlines. I think the blockage created by the infantry bridge along the low side of the ma will be particularly interesting. There should also be some exciting engagements on the main bridge reminiscent of Narrows. There are already a few interesting jumps planned out, but there will be more added in the future. I also intend to add a small island between the two bridges which will house an overshield and act as a centerpoint for several jumps.

maya-torque-5.jpg

The infantry bridge ad one of the ramps to top mid from low side:
maya-torque-6.jpg

A view of the top of the main bridge. The lower level will be home to sniper duels:
maya-torque-7.jpg

The front of a base:
maya-torque-8.jpg

The top of a base and nearby cave:
maya-torque-9.jpg

Cheeze

Adept
May 26, 2013
Purgatory
cheeeeeeeeze.tumblr.com
For the recent map design competition, I was given the parameters of having my map shaped like a "Long John doughnut" and to have a bridge like the one on Chill out

This is what I created so far. I am planning on making some more floor paths under what's built, and i'm torn on making it wider. The darker the blue, the higher it is. Pretty much 3 layers right now. Black is unplayable, and dark grey means there is a path but is also covered by a lower ceiling, better seen in the photos that aren't top down.

Pointers and critiques are more than welcome

j38bfRJ.png

0QFwEn8.png

nmmrPmn.png

Last edited:

Jim Lahey

Novice
Nov 21, 2015
When forge comes out for Halo 5, I plan on making a lava pit game mode where you try to push people off the edge in vehicles and I also plan on making a hide and seek map like the ghost buster map from Halo 3

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Ahhh, Heavies on Spire. Lest we forget.
The entire idea of BTB heavies doesn't thrill me. Throwing as many overpowered vehicles and weapons on a map as possible is not my idea of a good time. But, that's exactly why Halo 4 BTB was so popular. Burying a solid map like Longbow under a vehicle set which includes scorpions, banshees, and gauss 'hogs just screams "wasted potential" to me. And then there was Cragmire...

Reactions: -Orzium-

Cheeze

Adept
May 26, 2013
Purgatory
cheeeeeeeeze.tumblr.com
Alright, after waking up from the food coma I was in from Thanksgiving, I scraped in the criticism and recommendations, and re-designed my map. It is larger, and the bridge now resembles Chill out/ Cold Storage more. I haven't placed any weapons, and this IS NOT the final version yet. The Ghost is capable of getting onto every floor, but is best suited for the bottom floor.

TOP VIEWS

Umf7Xig.png

FIRST FLOOR

HWakRlE.png

SECOND FLOOR

3i8RTkY.png

THIRD FLOOR

jEKQoP2.png

ISO(ish) VIEW

N7T0wfc.png

ISO(ish) VIEW 2

KbZ8uJ7.png

SIDE VIEW FROM TOP FLOOR

VBWSAKJ.png

SIDE VIEW FROM MIDDLE BRIDGE

vrJQr9Q.png

WINDOW VIEW (Not from Spartan Height.)

crmaoS7.png

BOTTOM BRIDGE VIEW

4Uo0glu.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevo

PDP

Master
Jan 20, 2014
Here are some sketches for the design competition:

I'm going with a shopping mall theme. This what the red side of the map will resemble. The other side will be similar, only it will be shops instead of a food court.
20151130_120009.jpg
A view of the middle of the map. Vents will send players up to the third level, which will be composed of some catwalks.
20151130_151329.jpg
A pretty bad sketch of a top-down view of the map. I plan on making the map semi-symmetrical.
20151130_160646.jpg

I will try to make this in sketch-up later, just going to need look over some tutorials real quick to remind myself how to use it. Any feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: Auburn

Jim Lahey

Novice
Nov 21, 2015
I have a sick idea for when forge and if infection comes to Halo 5. If the new forge allows me to, I would like to make a a map where the infection come from meteorites that break apart when they hit the ground, releasing the infected to cause havok against any survivors. As for the layout of the map, I would probably do some sort of research facility/military base.