The Movie Thread - Film Lover's Delight

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Shame on you chuck, you didn't mention Charlie Hunnam. And Guillermo del Toro deserves the benefit of a doubt, the dude has vision.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
Oh I agree it looks bad, but del Toro is a guy who just absorbs EVERYTHING and incorporates it into his films as a love letter to whatever it is he liked. I find the guy's method is admirable because it's how I personally do stuff.

@Insane, His list of must-sees and maybe-sees needs serious revision lol. The first five he mentions look terrible.

And woot Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. The first one was so funny, I wasn't even going to watch it until the first 10 minutes were posted online. Since then I've been singing its praises to all that would hear.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
OHGOODGIJOEWHATAGOODMOVIEAMIRIGHTSARGE?

I like Transformers 3 and action movies as much as the next guy but to put such movies above others (he specifically listed other types of movies which means he's not just an action fan) is a little disconcerting.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
my problem with that guy's list is he doesn't have Snowpiercer on it, which means he probably has no right to be making must see movie lists.

oh, and he included World War Z.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
hahaha you and that fucking movie.

I'd say I want it to fail because you're so excited for it, but I'm excited for it too.

corduroyCHUCK

Master
Dec 28, 2012
Michigan
for those who don't know, Snowpiercer is an upcoming sci-fi film by korean director Bong Joon-Ho (known best for The Host, a top notch monster flick) based on a french graphic novel (Le Transperceneige) about the last of human society surviving on a train in a frozen post-apocalyptic world. Cast including a bearded Chris Evans(he had to cover up this same beard in the awesome after credits sequence of Avengers), John Hurt, Alison Pill, Tilda Swinton, and a well known korean actor in his first english language film role, Song Kang-ho (see: The Good, The Bad, The Weird, Sympathy for Mr Vengeance)

It was entirely adapted by the director himself, he has a solid vision of what he wants it to be, and judging from the released concept art and soundtrack bits, its going to be glorious:

Snowpiercer_concept-art_660.jpg

snow_piercer_1.jpg

SNOWPIERCER.

Reactions: Titmar

Transhuman Plus

Proficient
Dec 28, 2012
Firestream made a long list of movies coming out that seem promising; this year's probably going to be pretty big in film. Hopefully the ones that stick out to me won't disappoint:
http://firestream.net/index.php?p=138

"This year's probably going to be pretty big in film". That's what people always think at the start of the year.

The truth is there's between 4 and 5 good films tops annually. Last year it was The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, Django Unchained, and The Fifth Element 2: The Sixth Element.

Reactions: Titmar

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
I want to like Pacific Rim but I feel like it will be terrible. It'll be exciting, it'll be visually impressive and with Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, and Idris Elba (Sergeant Johnson anyone?) it'll have some plusses but I still feel like it will end up being stupid.

Essias

C'est la vie, mon ami
Dec 24, 2012
Los Angeles
I saw 7 Psychopaths yesterday, it was as awesome as it was dark.

It's hilarious. Every actor was awesome. Sam Rockwell and Woody Harrelson were standouts.

If you liked it you should check out the writer's previous film In Bruges. It's way darker and the humor is much more subtle.