Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs, Comments, etc Thread

ShockBolt21

Master
Feb 1, 2013
USA- Eastern Time Zone
I really like the new format for posting and viewing maps (added around 3/26). But I think that one of the images uploaded for the map should be shown as a thumbnail that is visible before the map's thread is opened. So after the "maps" tab is hit and you're viewing the list of uploaded maps, each of the map has a thumbnail image as well as the title, description, creator, etc. This will give players a general idea of what each of the maps look like without having to click on each one. It may be true that in order for this to happen, the images must be kept small, and the size may make it difficult to see. But a larger image can be shown when you hover the mouse above the thumbnail to provide better viewability.The 343 website did something like this and I was very glad for it, until they removed it for some reason.

Also, if this change is implemented, there should be some way for us to know which image will be the thumbnail, like if it's the first image attached, or if it can be manually selected by clicking a button. On 343's site, i had no way of knowing which of the uploaded images would be displayed externally.

Reactions: RogerDodger

RogerDodger

Master
Jan 20, 2013
USA
In the Shoutbox, it would be nice to call out specific individuals that are viewing the chatbox in another tab or window that are not paying attention to it.
Example:
  • Person A wants to call out Person B, under the above conditions
  • In Shoutbox, A types "@Person B" followed by a message
  • B recieves the alert that A is calling them to the Shoutbox
Again, this wouldn't work if a person is logged out, to prevent spamming. Also, their full technicall username would have to be given (in my case, @Z3R0 would not yield any call-out).

Reactions: evergreen948

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
In the Shoutbox, it would be nice to call out specific individuals that are viewing the chatbox in another tab or window that are not paying attention to it.
Example:
  • Person A wants to call out Person B, under the above conditions
  • In Shoutbox, A types "@Person B" followed by a message
  • B recieves the alert that A is calling them to the Shoutbox
Again, this wouldn't work if a person is logged out, to prevent spamming. Also, their full technicall username would have to be given (in my case, @Z3R0 would not yield any call-out).

That would only work if you were on another tab on HALO CUSTOMS, and had the shout box open.
Maybe a Chime? Which you can set to go off Everytime someone speaks, when you get @ mentions, or not at all.
-cough- plug.dj -cough-

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
insane, cant we make it so that clicking on "download map" opens a new tab for the waypointlink instead of leaving the site?
i can see why you did that because the site updates when you click on the download button so that people can rate, but isnt it possible to make the button force a refresh and open the maplink on waypoint in a new tab?
edit: if force refresh isnt possible then nevermind, its the best solution

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
insane, cant we make it so that clicking on "download map" opens a new tab for the waypointlink instead of leaving the site?
i can see why you did that because the site updates when you click on the download button so that people can rate, but isnt it possible to make the button force a refresh and open the maplink on waypoint in a new tab?
edit: if force refresh isnt possible then nevermind, its the best solution

Done

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
As it stands, In the Halo topic, 9/20 Of the Top threads are topics about YouTube Channels / Places to Submit Channel, and many more YouTube related topics Maybe a YouTube Subtopic could be Implemented in the Halo Discussion?

Spades N AZ

Master
Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
On our affiliates 343I.org site we have a Member of the month announced every month. Their name changes to another color in the shoutbox among other special privileges. They get to tell a little about themselves in a interview, so that the community knows who they have been talking to and playing with. Any chance of doing this here?

Reactions: Warrior Chair

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
When you click "Unwatch Thread" on a map, it saya "You are watching this Resource"

This should be change to map?