Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs, Comments, etc Thread

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Really? That can't be... then how come Battleship isn't #5 under top flood maps? (It has more downloads than the other maps with equal rating) Or am I missing something obvious? The top maps system looks to be based on a mix of total ratings and the average rating, with downloads not at all being accounted for.
Probably because it's an earlier post date with very low rankings (single digit vote count isn't enough for it to work with). One vote is nowhere near enough for it to really balance top ratings properly; as more votes come, the system will get increasingly more accurate!

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I was thinking, what if there was 2 different shoutboxes. Depending on your age you will either be placed in the "young" shoutbox or the "mature" shoutbox. Members would not be able to differentiate between the two, as it will still appear as just the normal shoutbox.
Whenever a member 15 years old and younger posts in the shoutbox, only members 15 years and younger will see the post.
Whenever a member 16 years old and up posts in the shoutbox, only members 16 years and up will see the post.
Staff can choose to post in either shoutbox.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
I was thinking, what if there was 2 different shoutboxes. Depending on your age you will either be placed in the "young" shoutbox or the "mature" shoutbox. Members would not be able to differentiate between the two, as it will still appear as just the normal shoutbox.
Whenever a member 15 years old and younger posts in the shoutbox, only members 15 years and younger will see the post.
Whenever a member 16 years old and up posts in the shoutbox, only members 16 years and up will see the post.
Staff can choose to post in either shoutbox.

Let me take a wild guess that you're like 18? 19? Every year you get older, the higher your standard for "adults" gets. Kinda why I prefer to talk to everyone ;)

Reactions: Tedium and Tomtris

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Let me take a wild guess that you're like 18? 19? Every year you get older, the higher your standard for "adults" gets. Kinda why I prefer to talk to everyone ;)

I'm 19 and I set the limit to 15 years old... I'd like to think that's a reasonable age to separate the younger ones from the older ones. I thought about it if I was 15, man that would suck, but it makes sense. If you did go ahead with this and put the limit to 21, I'd understand that too, regardless of my age. When I said 15 and 16, I said it because it seemed reasonable for everyone. Not just myself. Please don't assume things about me, it was just an idea :p

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
I'm 19 and I set the limit to 15 years old... I'd like to think that's a reasonable age to separate the younger ones from the older ones. I thought about it if I was 15, man that would suck, but it makes sense. If you did go ahead with this and put the limit to 21, I'd understand that too, regardless of my age. When I said 15 and 16, I said it because it seemed reasonable for everyone. Not just myself. Please don't assume things about me, it was just an idea :p

Sure, but I have made a lot of friends on this site... most of which are above 18... and That would really suck If I couldn't talk to them anymore in the shoutbox, because I am 14.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Tedium

I Used to be Somebody
Dec 24, 2012
UK
An "Ignore" option might be nice though.

Edit: Nevermind! It's already there :laugh:

I don't know what it actually does, though.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
An "Ignore" option might be nice though. Edit: Nevermind! It's already there :rofl: I don't know what it actually does, though.

I'm not too sure about that either, but I know for a fact it blocks posts on forums. So, you basically don't see them... at all lol. It will let you know though, that "this page contains ignored content." When you click unignore, it shows the post, but with a cyan colored block near it saying "ignored member" or something like that. I know this because I ignored an EXTREMELY annoying kid :D

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
There's been a lot of drama and heated tensions in the Chatbox these past days.

Just wanted to drop that here.

Arguments are allowed and fine. Drama with always occur with communities on the internet.

However, it there is specific insulting, contact staff. ;)

Tomtris

Master
Feb 1, 2013
74eda6951dd2a44f061a5b5d96687287.png

Yeah, we can't say any word containing "Hot"

Reactions: NinetysBorn

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I was wondering in the members section of the site, where it lists the highest posting members, if you could also include a list for the highest rated hosts :) You could put it right underneath the new members list. Just an idea

PA1NTS

Master
Jan 1, 2013
Could you possibly display the persons gamertag in the quick info box that pops up? Its pretty tedious having to go each members profile information to find out what their gamertag is. It would really help with customs and inviting people quickly.