Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs, Comments, etc Thread

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
That's strange ...
Please don't reply to everything, that's really really annoying...

NinetysBorn: trophies are given based on a cronjob that the server runs every X minutes, so it does take a few minutes to an hour (depending on when you did it) for you to get the trophy. However, I'll run it manually in a bit, let me know if you still don't have it in about 5 minutes.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Please don't reply to everything, that's really really annoying...

NinetysBorn: trophies are given based on a cronjob that the server runs every X minutes, so it does take a few minutes to an hour (depending on when you did it) for you to get the trophy. However, I'll run it manually in a bit, let me know if you still don't have it in about 5 minutes.
Thank you Insane54 I got the trophy and the points now. Another great job done by our great website creator :)

Reactions: Fuzzle and gmail

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Hey what's up Insane54. NinetysBorn here again with another suggestion and I think this would really help out the site.
Instead of how the host rating system is now I would love to see a new better system at work. I'm sure some members find it hard to rate their hosts, or give them good positive feedback that they earned and deserved, when they don't even know how to give their hosts a positive rating :/ I think if you just made it more obvious on how you can give your host a rating, a lot of people would appreciate it. Like for example, just have the "rate your host" option always visible but the only way you can enter a rating is if you have rsvp'd and the lobby is finished.

Reactions: SGC and gmail

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
Instead of how the host rating system is now I would love to see a new better system at work. I'm sure some members find it hard to rate their hosts, or give them good positive feedback that they earned and deserved, when they don't even know how to give their hosts a positive rating :/ I think if you just made it more obvious on how you can give your host a rating, a lot of people would appreciate it. Like for example, just have the "rate your host" option always visible but the only way you can enter a rating is if you have rsvp'd and the lobby is finished.

Yeah, I've noticed that some really good hosts are getting little to no feedback, which is kind of saddening. However I do have my own suggestion. What would be good is if we could have some sort of gamer summary card (forgot the actual name), basically it contains your avatar, gamertag, star rating, gamerscore e.t.c. I'm pretty sure that Rooster Teeth has on, an seeing as seeing people's gamertag is vital to joining games, it would make it easier on the host if all members had to embed this card (if they had one).

Scratch that, Rooster Teeth used to do that.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
We're working on a solution for ratings -- that said, whatever we do will be elegant, and leading people on (making it seem like you can rate but you actually can't) is considered very unprofessional! We've got much better stuff in the works; for now, just let your members know, or tag them with the @Name system! :)

~~~~~~

Yeah, I've noticed that some really good hosts are getting little to no feedback, which is kind of saddening. However I do have my own suggestion. What would be good is if we could have some sort of gamer summary card (forgot the actual name), basically it contains your avatar, gamertag, star rating, gamerscore e.t.c. I'm pretty sure that Rooster Teeth has on, an seeing as seeing people's gamertag is vital to joining games, it would make it easier on the host if all members had to embed this card (if they had one).

Scratch that, Rooster Teeth used to do that.
All members are actually required to enter in their gamertag when they register, though I've hidden most of the details (as I think RT noticed, it's extremely rare that anyone needs to access gamertag straight through forum posts).

Notice the back and forth interaction that's already in place; here's just a sample event: http://halocustoms.com/threads/feb-27-2013-raging-clue-spades-n-az.4258/
As you can see, there's four ways to message the host on XBL:
1) click "Host: Spades N AZ"
2) click "Yes" or "Maybe", and then "RSVP"
3) click "Click here to message your host"
4) on the first post of the thread, click the hosts name, then click his name again, then go to Information and see Gamertag.

In addition, the host can message the people who RSVP, simply by clicking on the names that RSVPd to your event. He can also hover over the names and get a tooltip with each player's gamertag.

Basically, having an embedding gamercard = clutter. How many times have you legitimately needed that information at-a-glance? I can't think of one time I've actually needed to do that.

PandaMan

Master
Jan 24, 2013
California
plug.dj
I saw that at the bottom of the Forums main page that you added "Who has visited today" area. Right now, that takes up about 1/5 of the page for me, and I always scroll all the way down quickly, and just hit that. I'd suggest that you make that a hideable tab or area if possible, because many people might not want to see it, and it also makes the load times for the main page a little bit slower.

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
I saw that at the bottom of the Forums main page that you added "Who has visited today" area. Right now, that takes up about 1/5 of the page for me, and I always scroll all the way down quickly, and just hit that. I'd suggest that you make that a hideable tab or area if possible, because many people might not want to see it, and it also makes the load times for the main page a little bit slower.
This is a good point. I'm probably going to remove it... it was nifty, but I think the member count speaks for itself :p

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
We're working on a solution for ratings -- that said, whatever we do will be elegant, and leading people on (making it seem like you can rate but you actually can't) is considered very unprofessional! We've got much better stuff in the works; for now, just let your members know, or tag them with the @Name system! :)
I see what you're saying it's just an example though :p Hopefully you do have something better in the works because the @Name system works about as much as the current rating system does -_-

Dividing MDH

Adept
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
hey what about an articles section? Just go to www.deletionquality.net over there, there is a lot of intelligent people who like to share controversial matters. And a big part about the articles section are reviews on games and movies. I reckon it would be pretty cool, and I decided it would be pretty awesome after I did my Crysis 3 review. I don't know just think about it.

BarryM96

Novice
Mar 3, 2013
Scotland
Just have to ask, in the main forum at the side where it shows the upcoming Games, is that a set time zone for everybody or does it change based on the time zone of the user?

Fuzzle

Wuschelig
Jan 10, 2013
Under the Traveler
Just have to ask, in the main forum at the side where it shows the upcoming Games, is that a set time zone for everybody or does it change based on the time zone of the user?
its changed depending on your timezone ;) so you can easily see the games that started already or are going for a long time

Reactions: Insane54

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
hey what about an articles section? Just go to www.deletionquality.net over there, there is a lot of intelligent people who like to share controversial matters. And a big part about the articles section are reviews on games and movies. I reckon it would be pretty cool, and I decided it would be pretty awesome after I did my Crysis 3 review. I don't know just think about it.
Feel free to put those discussions in General or Gaming Discussion... if it gets big enough, it'll get its own board :)