Suggestions, Ideas, Bugs, Comments, etc Thread

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
On the User pages, the Following and Followers boxes are awkwardly sized. They only allow two user pictures across, but it looks like they were intended to hold three. If anything were to be done, I'd say that the user picture sizes should be smaller, allowing for three across.

I know it's little, but this is a thread meant for things like this I guess.
You're right, it looks like the sidebar is SLIGHTLY undersized... I'll try to fix that.

Double post merging is definitely a possibility.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
As far as galleries, background images, etc, go... I don't see it as a needed feature of the site, there are much better places for that. It's important to maintain a site's focus. So, features and edits are added on a need basis (or short-term fun, but then removed quickly).

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
On the User pages, the Following and Followers boxes are awkwardly sized. They only allow two user pictures across, but it looks like they were intended to hold three. If anything were to be done, I'd say that the user picture sizes should be smaller, allowing for three across.

I know it's little, but this is a thread meant for things like this I guess.
Fixed.

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
I know you guys have commercials up on youtube telling people to check out the website but what about like an infommercial. Make a video of the actual site and everything it has to offer. Explain the basic features of this website and what it could do. Then show some footage about how this website is ACTUALLY really helping people host and find custom games. When you finish it maybe even sticky it to the home page somewhere so new people can easily figure out the website. I think this would be really helpful because all you see on youtube is basically "check us out. we're cool and we help you find custom games." End of story :/ Doesnt really make me want to check out the website you know what I mean?

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
Lately i've been getting this flickering screen effect whenever I try to post something. It just started to happen to me and when it does it happen it makes almost impossible to post anything.

Reactions: SGC

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
I know you guys have commercials up on youtube telling people to check out the website but what about like an infommercial. Make a video of the actual site and everything it has to offer. Explain the basic features of this website and what it could do. Then show some footage about how this website is ACTUALLY really helping people host and find custom games. When you finish it maybe even sticky it to the home page somewhere so new people can easily figure out the website. I think this would be really helpful because all you see on youtube is basically "check us out. we're cool and we help you find custom games." End of story :/ Doesnt really make me want to check out the website you know what I mean?
We don't do any video in-house -- that means that the commercials you see are made by already established channels like ducain, THFE, etc. That said, I would like a tutorial video that steps through the features of the site, but considering the rate that I add features, it probably wont happen until things are mostly stabilized.

What are you doing when you're getting that flicker error? Can you reproduce it? How about on other machines? Walk me through what you do so I can try to do it myself

Reactions: NinetysBorn

Pavlos

Novice
Jan 10, 2013
Edinburgh
Not sure if I missed a news update or something, but it seems to be that whenever I try to RSVP for a custom game it pops open a new window that is asking me to sign in to microsoft. Whatever happened to just letting us RSVP with our gamertag? Or is there some benefit here I'm missing ~

Wakko45

Kill-Steal Guru
Dec 30, 2012
Not sure if I missed a news update or something, but it seems to be that whenever I try to RSVP for a custom game it pops open a new window that is asking me to sign in to microsoft. Whatever happened to just letting us RSVP with our gamertag? Or is there some benefit here I'm missing ~
You can still RSVP by just checking 'yes' or 'maybe', we just recently added the feature that when you RSVP it opens up xbox.com with a message window directed at the host's gamertag so you can message him/her right away! We'll be making everyone aware of this in the next site update post :)

Reactions: gmail and SGC

Roche

Qualified
Jan 25, 2013
Move the log in button from the left of the screen to the upper right where the user profile would be when logged in normally.

Reactions: SGC

NinetysBorn

Master
Jan 29, 2013
California USA
We don't do any video in-house -- that means that the commercials you see are made by already established channels like ducain, THFE, etc. That said, I would like a tutorial video that steps through the features of the site, but considering the rate that I add features, it probably wont happen until things are mostly stabilized.

What are you doing when you're getting that flicker error? Can you reproduce it? How about on other machines? Walk me through what you do so I can try to do it myself
Makes sense. Well hopefully you guys do it soon while the website is still getting more popular.
The flickering happens actually in a number of different situations. One though that happens probably the most often, is when I try to leave a comment or edit a comment. It will just flicker real fast for a second then do it again after a little bit if im still typing in the comment.

Reactions: gmail

mazdak26

Proficient
Hey, that's great!

Oh, and one more thing: Are there any Tournaments being planned? Seeing as this is a customs site, it would be pretty fitting. (and not necessarily super-competitive)

EDIT: Also, support for uploading files from mobile

EDIT: Also, members list should be organized by order of last appearance or something. Seeing a bunch of people ai don't know who have dollar signs for their fist character isn't all that helpful.

Insane54

Founder
Dec 23, 2012
New York, New York
www.halocustoms.com
Oh, and one more thing: Are there any Tournaments being planned? Seeing as this is a customs site, it would be pretty fitting. (and not necessarily super-competitive)
Yep! We're currently at the stage where we're putting together resources and sponsorships (anyone who would like to help sponsor is more than welcomed to message me), and we plan on pushing out some really awesome, fun contests in the near future that we hope to get you guys thinking, as well as increase our exposure to the rest of the Halo community.

EDIT: Also, support for uploading files from mobile
Honestly, I'm not a great mobile programmer; I have no idea how to do stuff like that (and there are some other quite glaring flaws in the mobile experience currently). That said, hopefully soon we'll be able to put more emphasis on that mobile experience, and that's when stuff like that will be important. So, it's unlikely that that will be done anytime soon, but it likely will be at some point.

EDIT: Also, members list should be organized by order of last appearance or something. Seeing a bunch of people ai don't know who have dollar signs for their fist character isn't all that helpful.
The issue with organizing by anything but alphabetically or by some kind of numeric value is that it risks privacy issues. That said, sorting by posts or ratings or likes isn't unlikely

SGC

Permabanned
Breakfast image.jpg