News Revert to last Save

Hey there guys, just passing a quick note out there in one of my morsels of spare time. This post may be messy (No banner etc.) but I know you're all cool enough to let it slide.

Here's the rundown. Our site was recently attacked, and was effectively destroyed with all data lost. That means posts, ratings, accounts, games, maps... Everything. Fortunately, our Webmasters BigStack and TACTICS managed to restore a backup from last Friday. Therefore, everything that has happened on this site between yesterday, and last Friday, has been irretrievably lost.

Anyway, I've got so little time to spare, and I'd love to spend more time explaining this, but I'm afraid this is all I know.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience everyone. This is a terrible thing to happen, but the worst that has happened are some funny memories lost, and a few good host scores reverted. But all you can do is go back out there, and keep on doing what ya'll do best.

-The Staff

If I had to guess
1. Someone thats been banned.
2. Someone that wants HC to go away, so they can start a similar site and not have competition.
3. The ultimate CoD/PS fanboy that hates Halo:laugh:.

Could be that. Or maybe they want HC to look like its unable to keep its maintenance stable, so 343i would make up an in-game custom search and fourms feature for their future titles instead of using a website for people to make custom game lobbies. BLEW! MAH! FKIN! MIND!

Reactions: Budddyyy
why would anyone attack halo customs?
It's probably someone with no grudge against Halo or the site at all. People attack sites for a variety of their own reasons, but I doubt the person was ever a member or really cares that we are a Halo website in the first place.

They probably attacked this site not from Halohate but because it was based off of Xenforo or whatever...

I'm just glad to see you guys back up and running! Good job on the quick recovery! Only had to re-post one RSVP but glad I checked, lol! :)

Thank you again BigStack and TACTICS. I really appreciate all the hard work you guys put into this site. Thanks again guys, please keep up the good work. Here's some 4th of July cookies for being awesome :)

20080702amyscookies.jpg

Kudo's to BigStack and TACTICS for restoring a lot of the data in the end! Imagine what would've happened if there would have been no backup.
And I guess I'm extra lucky myself, considering the fact that I haven't really done all that much on the site for the last couple of days.