Introduction Hi I'm masterwit

masterwit

Novice
Jul 3, 2016
(Eastern) Virginia, U.S.
About me:
  • EST (US), but I play late
  • 28, male
  • My gamertag, reddit handle, forgehub handle, and others are also "masterwit"
  • I play Halo 5 (forging, customs, and matchmaking on select lists)
  • My job and play habits might see me take a few weeks break from XB1, gaming, and other Halo areas such as this. (Don't worry I'll be back)
  • If needing to contact me and you don't see me on XBL, sending a PM to me, preferably on reddit (/u/masterwit), will allow me to reply likely the same day (versus a few weeks in the event I'm taking a break as noted above)
What I'm after:
  • Testing lobbies (customs)
  • Forging (casual coforging, sharing, specific help, feedback, etc.)
  • Customs
  • BTB, some arena, and warzone lobbies
  • I don't have much interest in Infection, race maps, grifball, or other non competitive / standard game types (regarding custom lobbies and forging)
cheers

Last edited:

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Welcome to HaloCustoms! If you're looking for testing lobbies, check out the Featured Lobbies. We're also currently overhauling our custom games system which will provide a much better platform to host and join lobbies in the near future. We're currently hosting a large BTB Forge contest if you're interested in putting your skills to the test. Our Spartan Company is grinding our way towards Achilles and several of us get together for matchmaking from time to time.

Hopefully you find what we're looking for here. Feel free to contact the staff team if you have any questions or concerns. :)

masterwit

Novice
Jul 3, 2016
(Eastern) Virginia, U.S.
Regarding your new system; as a software developer I'd be able to help with this new system under development if the need arises.

Otherwise...

I'll certainly continue to run customs and participate in giving feedback to maps under development.

cheers

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
Regarding your new system; as a software developer I'd be able to help with this new system under development if the need arises.

Otherwise...

I'll certainly continue to run customs and participate in giving feedback to maps under development.

cheers
The intent is for the staff team to handle the implementation of said system. With that said, we'd love to hear any ideas you have and, if the need arises, we'll certainly contact you.

What sort of software do you work on?

masterwit

Novice
Jul 3, 2016
(Eastern) Virginia, U.S.
The intent is for the staff team to handle the implementation of said system. With that said, we'd love to hear any ideas you have and, if the need arises, we'll certainly contact you.

From your phrasing I'll wager you all have something beyond just a "side project from a developer in off hours". If by staff you're implying you have some form of contracted dev, paid help, or website employee... I'd say stick with that. If the project is just someone working for free on the side and that individual gets stuck, I'll be happy to assist where money is not involved.

If your curious, my current job (bright and early tomorrow) essentially consists of...
  • shared architectural oversight on a large enterprise system supporting and leading team design and development of service layer apis and supporting package architecture where I feel necessary
  • At the DB level, we leverage a doc db (mongodb), SAP Netweaver/HANA, and Hadoop.
  • Both relational, object relational, and carefully scoped document object models run the application layer. (SAP, Java, C#)
  • By my design, I have another layer I've put into place to facilitate typing and interfacing standardization on a restful, SAP OData, and legacy GUI interfacing where necessary. I do not work directly in the ASP.NET, Angular JS, or HTML5 browser code but those development teams talk through my web endpoints.
  • Lately I have taken interest in migrating mixed client application needs to a Docker solution and have helped only by design a two tier package layer facilitating typesafe multi tenet authentication sessions and addressing various concurrency issues possibly arising from a Teamcenter/NX interface where much of our data is pulled.
That was probably a bit more than you were asking for but I figured I could not provide a meaningful answer without briefly traversing the application stack as I work from DB to client usage API stuff. Sounds impressive, but not everything is always perfect and I'm still only 5 years out of school.

---

I've been lamenting about a lack of a tailored solution to assist in custom lobbies alongside custom testing tracking a map's progress over iterations and testing sessions (forge development 101 you know far better than myself).

Looking forward to seeing what you all have in store. Hopefully you'll be able to automate a bit more of the busywork involved with the organization process / feedback...

cheers

Psychoduck

Round Objects™
Dec 23, 2012
Greater Seattle Area
From your phrasing I'll wager you all have something beyond just a "side project from a developer in off hours". If by staff you're implying you have some form of contracted dev, paid help, or website employee... I'd say stick with that. If the project is just someone working for free on the side and that individual gets stuck, I'll be happy to assist where money is not involved.

If your curious, my current job (bright and early tomorrow) essentially consists of...
  • shared architectural oversight on a large enterprise system supporting and leading team design and development of service layer apis and supporting package architecture where I feel necessary
  • At the DB level, we leverage a doc db (mongodb), SAP Netweaver/HANA, and Hadoop.
  • Both relational, object relational, and carefully scoped document object models run the application layer. (SAP, Java, C#)
  • By my design, I have another layer I've put into place to facilitate typing and interfacing standardization on a restful, SAP OData, and legacy GUI interfacing where necessary. I do not work directly in the ASP.NET, Angular JS, or HTML5 browser code but those development teams talk through my web endpoints.
  • Lately I have taken interest in migrating mixed client application needs to a Docker solution and have helped only by design a two tier package layer facilitating typesafe multi tenet authentication sessions and addressing various concurrency issues possibly arising from a Teamcenter/NX interface where much of our data is pulled.
That was probably a bit more than you were asking for but I figured I could not provide a meaningful answer without briefly traversing the application stack as I work from DB to client usage API stuff. Sounds impressive, but not everything is always perfect and I'm still only 5 years out of school.

---

I've been lamenting about a lack of a tailored solution to assist in custom lobbies alongside custom testing tracking a map's progress over iterations and testing sessions (forge development 101 you know far better than myself).

Looking forward to seeing what you all have in store. Hopefully you'll be able to automate a bit more of the busywork involved with the organization process / feedback...

cheers
Yes, the project is essentially two people working in their spare time. :p

So, given your pedigree, we may talk in the future as we tackle some more complex projects. ;)

For now, we should have things under control. But, we absolutely appreciate the offer and will certainly not hesitate to ask if we need some help.