HaloCustoms Staff vs. Community Showdown

hc-staffvscommunity-final_zps444e69aa.jpg

Ever wonder about those strange, shadowy orange figures lurking about the forums? Do they even play Halo, with all those welcome threads to post in and mysterious moderating they seem to do? Well, wonder no longer!

For the first time, you'll get the chance to challenge our very own HaloCustoms staff to a duel of epic proportions! Better warm up first, cause I hear Dax has a mean DMR...

Check out the game thread for all the details.

Not that I'm bragging, but give me a sniper rifle and Staff will die in a glorious rain of blood. Or they'll whoop my ass into the next week. I hope it's not the latter comment .___.

Reactions: FloydRTC95
And now I get to unveil my Carbine and Sniper rape skills, as well as my fast play style.
This will be epic. I've always wanted to take on the PsychoDuck >=D

Not that I'm bragging, but give me a sniper rifle and Staff will die in a glorious rain of blood. Or they'll whoop my ass into the next week. I hope it's not the latter comment .___.

You're lucky I'm not playing, you'd never touch that rifle. My DMR and sniper skills get kills.

And now I get to unveil my Carbine and Sniper rape skills, as well as my fast play style.
This will be epic. I've always wanted to take on the PsychoDuck >=D
Im gonna fuck you all up so bad that when im done, your gonna wish i was wearing a condom. and then im gonna kick your ass in halo.

I love you all. I'm feeling so fuckin competitive right now :mad: Can't wait to prove you all wrong :cool:

Reactions: Matt6498
So when does this start up? I get live again on the 30th so I do hope it is not until then. But I am only one man so there is no sense waiting for me. I also wanted to comment on the design of this website. It is very good. I've designed some sites in the past but there is some real talent here.

So when does this start up? I get live again on the 30th so I do hope it is not until then. But I am only one man so there is no sense waiting for me. I also wanted to comment on the design of this website. It is very good. I've designed some sites in the past but there is some real talent here.

We're starting this Sunday, 27th, for our first session. If all goes well, and everyone enjoys it, this will certainly become a regular thing! So don't worry if you miss it this time, we'll be back ;)
As for the design of the website, all credit goes to Insane54 and Bigstack for putting it together. However, from what I've heard, a lot of it is based around customized plug-ins from the Xenforo website (the website of the forum template we are using) I agree though, it's pretty darn beautiful!

If only I had the time or perseverance to play. I'm just to busy and I'll be asleep when it's happening because I live in the UK. :(

I'm sad that I've missed out on this one, but I'll definitely be around for the next one. And you will all face my pro AR of death.

Reactions: theChief
Staff takes the series 4-1!

Thanks to everybody who showed up and played, we had tons of fun and ran more people than we planned the whole time (6v6 instead of the planned 4v4). The post-showdown shenanigans were sweet as well, we opened the lobby to a full 16 and played a bunch of minigames, including Smashy Chase which was rad. This was a great first Showdown, and we hope to see even more of the community next time! :)

Be on the lookout for a recap post in the Media Stream sometime in the next week or so.

Reactions: Titmar