Halo Halo: The Master Chief Collection Discussion

JL1223 X

Master
Feb 14, 2013
Hong Kong
Oh, I see. I was referring to just gameplay mechanics. Not the graphics. Although I probably said the wrong thing. But I think it will also have Halo CE's new and old graphics. So possibly 7
Halo 2 Anniversary has a modified engine than Halo 2 in it's multiplayer. The games on the 6 revamped maps will be utilizing the different engine. Halo 2 Anniversary multiplayer is different to Halo 2's, in TMCC.

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
I can't see MCC being a bad idea at all...
You can't really compare Halo to CoD. For starters; CoD hasn't actually changed since CoD 3. The storylines are absolutely frickin' terrible (I cleared Ghosts a few nights ago, storyline, dialogue, everything was terrible... just wanted something to play on my Xbone since all the games kinda suck at the moment), and further more, the game is a spray-and-pray, arcade shooter.

Halo fans that have been around from the beginning have missed the competitive environment the Halo universe created. You can play the old games for nostalgia sake, but you don't get the same feeling since the only players left on the game are the ones that can't get over the game (and generally, it ruins the fun). The new games will bring the new console to life, and keep Halo fans happy as well. Whether it isn't the same as how you played it before is irrelevant, the games mechanics will be the same and the original atmosphere of a "new release" will be enough to overcome the minor differences you might notice.
The worst thing about H3 multiplayer was P2P hosting, and I believe that'll be rectified in the new MCC... It can only get better :)

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
I can't see MCC being a bad idea at all...
You can't really compare Halo to CoD. For starters; CoD hasn't actually changed since CoD 3. The storylines are absolutely frickin' terrible (I cleared Ghosts a few nights ago, storyline, dialogue, everything was terrible... just wanted something to play on my Xbone since all the games kinda suck at the moment), and further more, the game is a spray-and-pray, arcade shooter.

Halo fans that have been around from the beginning have missed the competitive environment the Halo universe created. You can play the old games for nostalgia sake, but you don't get the same feeling since the only players left on the game are the ones that can't get over the game (and generally, it ruins the fun). The new games will bring the new console to life, and keep Halo fans happy as well. Whether it isn't the same as how you played it before is irrelevant, the games mechanics will be the same and the original atmosphere of a "new release" will be enough to overcome the minor differences you might notice.
The worst thing about H3 multiplayer was P2P hosting, and I believe that'll be rectified in the new MCC... It can only get better :)
I don't know. Maybe I just think it is too good to be true

Stevo

The Grinchmind
Dec 31, 2012
United Kingdom
I don't know. Maybe I just think it is too good to be true

On the contrary, it's what everybody wants... I don't think there's many people that share your pessimism towards MCC. Even if the multiplayer isn't as good as how it was remembered, it'll still be an improvement over the recent games.
Not to mention, if the multiplayer blows chunks... the campaigns of the original trilogy were epic. Those alone justify the price tag.

Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
On the contrary, it's what everybody wants... I don't think there's many people that share your pessimism towards MCC. Even if the multiplayer isn't as good as how it was remembered, it'll still be an improvement over the recent games.
Not to mention, if the multiplayer blows chunks... the campaigns of the original trilogy were epic. Those alone justify the price tag.
Good points. I think I actually am looking forward to this a bit more. But I still don't want to get over hyped

SloppyApples

Master
Feb 1, 2013
My excitement and anticipation for this game just keeps getting bigger! Halo 2 multiplayer was my high school life and I can't wait to finally go back to it! Even the anniversary maps and sandbox are looking better than expected (I thought the inclusion of the silenced SMG from ODST was particularly intriuging), and that's not even mentioning being able to finally play Halo CE online and all the other great additions. Crossing my fingers for Microsoft to bundle the Master Chief Collection with the xbox one for Black Friday this year!

Reactions: AssaultCommand
Jan 10, 2013
The Union of Scree
A couple of thoughts I want to throw out there:

1.) Playing Halo 3 the other day and microphone quality was shit. Hope the quality is much better and the same across all the games in the collection.

2.) Almost every Halo game has an achievement for completing the campaign on legendary. If those achievements are in TMCC too, I really hope it looks at your past achievements to see if you have CEA, H3, and H4 campaign completion on legendary. Otherwise, I won't be happy.

Just some thoughts I had

1) This has more to do with the Xbox One/Xbox 360 itself, not Halo 3.

2) All achievements will be locked when you get the game. Halo 3 legendary completion achievement in the Master Chief Collection would be a different (and new) achievement compared to the original Halo 3 achievement. There will also be completely new achievements for a lot of things.

Sashexander

Novice
Jul 6, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
I thought H4's campaign was epic as well (excepting the one-button ending), if not better than H3's. Im excited for the company that created the best looking campaign to combine with the game that had the best story (H2 IMO).

Sashexander

Novice
Jul 6, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm also excited with these 6 maps being something unique entirely, we essentially are getting a whole new halo MP. That could mean a whole new forge (or at least significantly different), a whole new custom games, and a whole new character model (I cant imagine that the graphics for H2 will be carried over to the reskinned maps seeing as the originals are only being updated to 1080p, which isn't a reskinning).

Feb 1, 2013
Australia
I'm so intrigued to buy the Xbox One just for this, if Destiny runs as well on the Xbone as on the PS4 it's a buy for me.

So I can join in on H2 and H5 shenanigans with all of you :) Especially since I skipped H2 alltogether and went from Halo 1 to Halo 3 immediately
same i didnt even know about halo 2 un till i got halo 3 for christmas

Reactions: Doctor Forge