Data Lost [Feb 26, 2017] Squally's Sunday Skirmishes - Halo 5 (XONE)

This content is incomplete due to being reliant on a site add-on which is no longer in use.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Maps played on 9/4/16:

Dead Cassette - Collide Scope
Flying Shoe ILR - Aerie
IMAROLLINGSTONE - URU
IMAROLLINGSTONE - Ring World
Partarar - Belligerent
Scrub Meee - 7071
N3gat1veZer0 - Resolute
Brotastic Bear - Recollection
Mr DeliciousMan - Scorch Palace
Squally DaBeanz - Echelon
Squally DaBeanz - Stigma

Please leave any feedback you have for the maps you played. I will be posting mine at some point this week. In the meantime, you can catch up on the maps played and the feedback given during the lobbies via the Twitch stream:

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Maps played on 9/4/16:

Dead Cassette - Collide Scope
Flying Shoe ILR - Aerie
IMAROLLINGSTONE - URU
IMAROLLINGSTONE - Ring World
Partarar - Belligerent
Scrub Meee - 7071
N3gat1veZer0 - Resolute
Brotastic Bear - Recollection
Mr DeliciousMan - Scorch Palace
Squally DaBeanz - Echelon
Squally DaBeanz - Stigma

Please leave any feedback you have for the maps you played. I will be posting mine at some point this week. In the meantime, you can catch up on the maps played and the feedback given during the lobbies via the Twitch stream:

Sep 5, 2016
Hey Squally I would like to submit a map.
Map name: Scorch Palace
Gametypes: Slayer and strongholds. Strongholds needs the most testing.
Player count: 4v4
Halowaypoint link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Mr DeliciousMan#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Mr DeliciousMan_e259f124-0c9a-443a-9643-820e091e8946

And thanks for your time and all the feedback that was already given.
Gamertag is Mr Deliciousman

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Hey guys, I'm going to be doing a BTB lobby this coming Sunday (the 11th). 4V4 testing will continue the week after.

Also, feedback from the last lobby will be coming later today.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Strike what I said about feedback coming today. Some more pressing issues came up. I'm pretty sure most of you either got feedback from the lobby or directly from me afterwards. I'll try to get it tomorrow, but it'll be brief.

Squally DaBeanz

Big Jerk
Jan 9, 2013
Dead Cassette - Collide Scope -
The biggest issues that were brought up while playing this one were the size and linear nature of the map. The game ended before the kill cap was reached, and there were times were it was very difficult to find enemy players. However, there were also times where it was too easy to see enemy players on the other side of the map due to extremely long sightlines. This would often lead to unfulfilling engagements or being killed right off spawn. The linear nature of the map compounded this problem, forcing players down overly predictable lanes. Overall, I think the map needs a complete overhaul and redesign.

IMAROLLINGSTONE - URU -
As we discussed, the only major issue I see anymore is player orientation. Giving either side of the map slightly different shades of light could help with this, as well as other subtle cues, like opening up a part of the rocks above the map to let more light in on one side.

IMAROLLINGSTONE - Ring World -
The upper ring surrounding the covenant sniper tower still seems to be the dominant position. I would remove the hill up there entirely and push the walls closer to the middle, reducing the dance floor. Aside from that, I think it's worth looking into the changes we discussed about adding more indirect cover to help the covenant tower in the middle manage its sightlines better, as well as making the slopes in the elbow hallway shallower.

Scrub Meee - 7071 -
While very interesting visually, and fun to play at times, this map suffered some serious design issues. First and foremost is the fact that many of the lower areas of the map are extremely open, while the upper areas are very covered and easy to camp. This created a problem where the team that won the initial engagement could camp the upper levels indefinitely as the other team was spawn trapped/killed trying to push out of the extremely exposed lower levels. In addition to this, many of the lower areas look directly into each other through long sightlines and large doorways, making it even harder to move.

Brotastic Bear - Recollection -
Much like the first map, this felt like it suffered from being too large. Some of the outer areas of the map felt like they could either be consolidated into other existing rooms and paths, or cut altogether. Aside from that it's just a matter of further testing the map and working on details like scaling, sightlines, orientation, etc.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2013
Strongholds lobby tonight whoo!

Edit: It looks like Demption's lobby might be bleeding over into yours a bit, so I'll be a little late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.