Cool Destiny Release Date Confirmed!

front-page-cool-stuff.png

For those of you who have been paying some attention to good old Bungie recently, you may already know about this. None the less, this is BIG NEWS!

release_date_article.jpg
Bungie has confirmed the official release date for their long awaited game, Destiny. The official date has been set for September 9th, 2014. Mark your calenders everyone, because this is a release that you won't want to miss!​
Also announced, the Destiny Beta is going to kick off during the summer of 2014 as follows, and it will be available first on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Sorry guys, bad news for us Microsoft fanboys. :(

I don't think Bungie really does much that Bungie doesn't want to do, they are known for fighting to do things their own way (breaking down cubicles in a Microsoft office, not giving keys to non-bungie employees, etc…) The amount of focus going towards the Playstation side seems likely to be coming from Bungie at some level, or something they are at least ok with. And nothing against Playstation, it's just that this is a multi platform game from a company that was on Xbox for 10 years. They should be trying to woo both sides, not just the one they've had less of a chance to.

Hmmm I didn't know about those things. Yeah, I agree that whether or not they're the ones making the decisions, they probably aren't fighting them which sucks. At least, as far as I know, the content for PS is just timed exclusives (we'll get the same stuff just later). What I think is funny is that there will still be more xbox players playing Destiny since we know Bungie from Halo. It would be great to show them and Activision that the fans are predominantly xbox players....I hope we can say that come launch.

Reactions: GrmnEscaltrPrty
Hmmm I didn't know about those things. Yeah, I agree that whether or not they're the ones making the decisions, they probably aren't fighting them which sucks. At least, as far as I know, the content for PS is just timed exclusives (we'll get the same stuff just later). What I think is funny is that there will still be more xbox players playing Destiny since we know Bungie from Halo. It would be great to show them and Activision that the fans are predominantly xbox players....I hope we can say that come launch.
Then we get the bragging rights! :) :lurk: :cool: :cool2:

Reactions: ChewyNutCluster
Personally, I think the push back is a good idea, it'll give bungie more time to iron out the major flaws found during beta testing, but this push back, as well as giving more time for development, lets us build up and even larger hype for it, which in some cases, could be a good or a bad thing, for example, if people get hyped up, overly hyped ythat is... Then theyll be disappointed with the game, even if only minorly, on the other hand, if people get hyped up, they'll get the game, play it, and be amazed by all the cool new features. As for the b I'm kinda disappointed that it's coming a season later than expected, I was really looking forward to plaaying it in the new year...anyways, ive run out of points to make right now, so night all...

Yeah, it kinda bothers me that Bungie is mostly gone "all playstation" right now, but I understand it. It's there first time being on a different console, and they want to enjoy that. Maybe when the next Destiny games come out, they may pay a little more attention to us Xbox players. But anyway, I'm really excited about the game and hoping to play the beta :)

Yeah, it kinda bothers me that Bungie is mostly gone "all playstation" right now, but I understand it. It's there first time being on a different console, and they want to enjoy that. Maybe when the next Destiny games come out, they may pay a little more attention to us Xbox players. But anyway, I'm really excited about the game and hoping to play the beta :)
Next destiny?! I thought this was meant to be a ten year or so one off?:eek:

Next destiny?! I thought this was meant to be a ten year or so one off?:eek:

No. What they meant was the Destiny universe it's planned out to last a decade. Like there may be a 10 year long trilogy or something. Bungie has explained that they have the luxury of assuming Destiny will be successful enough to warrant sequels, a luxury they didn't have with Halo.

No. What they meant was the Destiny universe it's planned out to last a decade. Like there may be a 10 year long trilogy or something. Bungie has explained that they have the luxury of assuming Destiny will be successful enough to warrant sequels, a luxury they didn't have with Halo.

Ah fair enough, but this destiny game is expected to last a good few years, right?

Yeah, even Halo was supposed to be a 10 year thing, that's why Halo started going downhill till H4 came out and Bungie stop making Halo

It would probably be on xbox if Microsoft didn't tell bungie to change things in halo and there's bungies payback

Well, Playstation has to have a game that actually competes against Halo and it's better to postpone an unpolished product than to just keep the date and have a half-baked game (I'm sure you guys can think of a few games). Anyways, I can't wait to see what surprises Bungie pulls out this time.

Reactions: Fuzzle