Cool Destiny Release Date Confirmed!

front-page-cool-stuff.png

For those of you who have been paying some attention to good old Bungie recently, you may already know about this. None the less, this is BIG NEWS!

release_date_article.jpg
Bungie has confirmed the official release date for their long awaited game, Destiny. The official date has been set for September 9th, 2014. Mark your calenders everyone, because this is a release that you won't want to miss!​
Also announced, the Destiny Beta is going to kick off during the summer of 2014 as follows, and it will be available first on Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Sorry guys, bad news for us Microsoft fanboys. :(

I was a bit disappointed when I heard this. They shouldn't have kept saying things like "early 2014" or "Beta access in Spring 2014" until they were actually sure.

I'd much rather them take their time to polish up the game than rush it, but I just wish they listed everything as 2014 before rather than spring/early 2014. At any rate, the game will likely be great considering Bungie is making it and I don't mind the wait since it will probably mean an even better experience.

So this means that the game will have an 8 year development cycle!? (correct me if I'm wrong) I think we're sure in for a treat :)

I'm fine with the push back to september, though it's later than I expected. What I'm getting tired of however is their new focus on the Playstation. Bungie has been associated with Xbox for years and is now multi-platform again. I'm not saying that we should get special treatment, but that we are getting later access to things than Playstation players irks me a bit. I suppose they are trying to change the image to do away with any MS associations, but I'd rather they focus on being supremely independent instead of offering the side they have to win over more and earlier stuff.

I heard about this on MoreConsoles channel since hes like the all things Destiny guru. Although i agree that they shouldn't have kept saying early 2014 release or even beta release without actually knowing when they were more likely to release it. But mistakes happen. At any rate i cannot wait for this magnificent game to come out. I probably will preorder it during summer of 2014 because that makes total sense. ;) At any rate Destiny should be less buggy by then and it should be even more spectacular than if it was relased now or close to now.

I'm fine with the push back to september, though it's later than I expected. What I'm getting tired of however is their new focus on the Playstation. Bungie has been associated with Xbox for years and is now multi-platform again. I'm not saying that we should get special treatment, but that we are getting later access to things than Playstation players irks me a bit. I suppose they are trying to change the image to do away with any MS associations, but I'd rather they focus on being supremely independent instead of offering the side they have to win over more and earlier stuff.

I understand why people would be upset, but I think those decisions are mostly, if not solely, Activision's, not Bungie's.

I don't think Bungie really does much that Bungie doesn't want to do, they are known for fighting to do things their own way (breaking down cubicles in a Microsoft office, not giving keys to non-bungie employees, etc…) The amount of focus going towards the Playstation side seems likely to be coming from Bungie at some level, or something they are at least ok with. And nothing against Playstation, it's just that this is a multi platform game from a company that was on Xbox for 10 years. They should be trying to woo both sides, not just the one they've had less of a chance to.