Community Forge Test Playlist - About to drop!!

Matchmaking Update

Hey everyone! Just a quick and exciting update here:

bs_angel just posted on the Waypoint forums some exciting information about the Community Forge playlist that is about to start tomorrow! I'm sure you guys are all as excited to hear about this as I am, I've been itching for a nice update to matchmaking like this.

Also, be sure to stop by and say Hello and Congratulations to two of our community members whose maps are included in this update!!

A hefty congrats and round of applause to SecretSchnitzel and PA1NTS !!!!!!!

1078584-ovation.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening! In the early AM hours of Monday morning (PT), we'll be launching our brand new "Community Forge Test" playlist. We're incredibly excited about it, and we hope all of you check it out and help us test these maps for potential future Matchmaking inclusion. If you want a sneak peek at what you'll soon be playing, here are the specifics:

Included maps

Map: Shutout
Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

Map: Despair
Description: A derelict facility...
Author: SecretShnitzel

Map: Garrotte
Description: Better play it straight.
Author: MythicFritz

Map: Relay
Description: As is, in-game.
Author: FyreWulff

Map: Scythe
Description: A community made forge map by PA1NTS.
Author: PA1NTS

Map: Simplex
Description: A community made, arena style map by Big Papa SaLoT.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

And how they’re being used in the new hopper:

Garrotte - Infinity Slayer
Shutout - Infinity Slayer
Despair - Infinity Slayer
Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Simplex - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

HELP. SIMPLEX ON INFINITY SLAYER SUCKS.
Seriously, it's a great map (lolMidship), but the radar and armor abilities kill it. I camped super successfully. Run around corners, regen, come back.

Shutout on SWAT: Not much to say. Seems rather filler given that Lockout has been tested already, to say the least.

Shutout on Infinity Slayer: Plasma Pistol instead of Shotgun is not the smartest when you can spawn with a pocket shotgun instead.

All in all, Infinity Slayer kills the maps.

Well if they chose the maps that defeats the idea of it being a community thing.
I see your point, but they're the only ones who can make a playlist. I wish they had opened up community voting on Waypoint somehow first. They had better make sure to have transparent voting for future community playlist updates, as well as MLG playlists. We gotta remember that the new armor abilities, weapons, and standard sprint make this a whole new game, so new maps will have to work well under these conditions.

Reactions: Ormy96
I see your point, but they're the only ones who can make a playlist. I wish they had opened up community voting on Waypoint somehow first. They had better make sure to have transparent voting for future community playlist updates, as well as MLG playlists. We gotta remember that the new armor abilities, weapons, and standard sprint make this a whole new game, so new maps will have to work well under these conditions.
That is a very good point. Thay need to make sure the maps work and aren't one massive cluster____ .

Well if they chose the maps that defeats the idea of it being a community thing.
Don't forget that a lot of people in some communities aren't the smartest :p But seriously, it would be nice if we could nominate a handful of maps and then have them choose the final ones. If it were solely based on the community vote I have a feeling we would get a lot of popularity contests with more popular forgers' maps being voted for regardless of whether all of their maps are amazing. For the most part they did a pretty good job picking maps from the community this time so I trust them for the most part. (Except for Relay but they made that themselves; that map sucks lol)

Reactions: NextLotus
Don't forget that a lot of people in some communities aren't the smartest :p But seriously, it would be nice if we could nominate a handful of maps and then have them choose the final ones. If it were solely based on the community vote I have a feeling we would get a lot of popularity contests with more popular forgers' maps being voted for regardless of whether all of their maps are amazing. For the most part they did a pretty good job picking maps from the community this time so I trust them for the most part. (Except for Relay but they made that themselves; that map sucks lol)
All points raised here I totaly agree with. The "casual gamers" tend to just vote for the thing that has the highest votes. Which is the same with almost any voting system. Yes relay does suck. It REALLY RELAY SUCKS. See what I did there. :p

Reactions: theChief and Tedium
community voting on Waypoint somehow first

There are people on that site who want Reach DMR bloom back. And it's a significant number of people. Point being, Bravo and the others are a better judge of maps than Waypoint. At least they're community created forge maps.

There are people on that site who want Reach DMR bloom back. And it's a significant number of people.

Are you saying that this discredits the public vote? Because... I'd be quite happy with more bloom. Sure, I'd take anything that knocks down the DMR's power, but after going back to Reach after a few months of Halo 4, it was supremely less enjoyable. But given the alternative options, I'd vote alongside all of those guys as well, and knock up that bloom.

Are you saying that this discredits the public vote? Because... I'd be quite happy with more bloom. Sure, I'd take anything that knocks down the DMR's power, but after going back to Reach after a few months of Halo 4, it was supremely less enjoyable. But given the alternative options, I'd vote alongside all of those guys as well, and knock up that bloom.
you cen't really knock up the bloom on a DMR. It's supped to be the longer ranged version of the DMR/BR. I would personally swap the recoil and bloom on the DMR and BR, give the DMR a lot of recoil (unless it's scoped, then less recoil) and give the BR a slightly faster kill time and bloom. That way, both guns are correctly rewarded for them being used at their proper ranges, and, depending on how much recoil there would be on the DMR, it would solve the balance issue as well.

Reactions: Tedium
So I played CTF on Garrote yesterday and I got four flag captures for my team. I think it's a bit easy to avoid enemy's when you are carrying the flag on Garrote. What does everyone else think?

So I played CTF on Garrote yesterday and I got four flag captures for my team. I think it's a bit easy to avoid enemy's when you are carrying the flag on Garrote. What does everyone else think?
Absolutely. That game felt like flags were easy to get solo, and easy to lose. I still enjoyed the one game I played on it though! Even if it wasn't MLG! it was at least fun :p