Community Forge Test Playlist - About to drop!!

Matchmaking Update

Hey everyone! Just a quick and exciting update here:

bs_angel just posted on the Waypoint forums some exciting information about the Community Forge playlist that is about to start tomorrow! I'm sure you guys are all as excited to hear about this as I am, I've been itching for a nice update to matchmaking like this.

Also, be sure to stop by and say Hello and Congratulations to two of our community members whose maps are included in this update!!

A hefty congrats and round of applause to SecretSchnitzel and PA1NTS !!!!!!!

1078584-ovation.gif

Good morning/afternoon/evening! In the early AM hours of Monday morning (PT), we'll be launching our brand new "Community Forge Test" playlist. We're incredibly excited about it, and we hope all of you check it out and help us test these maps for potential future Matchmaking inclusion. If you want a sneak peek at what you'll soon be playing, here are the specifics:

Included maps

Map: Shutout
Description: Some believe this remote facility was once used to study the Flood. But few clues remain amidst the snow and ice.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

Map: Despair
Description: A derelict facility...
Author: SecretShnitzel

Map: Garrotte
Description: Better play it straight.
Author: MythicFritz

Map: Relay
Description: As is, in-game.
Author: FyreWulff

Map: Scythe
Description: A community made forge map by PA1NTS.
Author: PA1NTS

Map: Simplex
Description: A community made, arena style map by Big Papa SaLoT.
Author: Big Papa SaLoT

And how they’re being used in the new hopper:

Garrotte - Infinity Slayer
Shutout - Infinity Slayer
Despair - Infinity Slayer
Scythe - Infinity Slayer
Simplex - Infinity Slayer
Relay - Infinity Slayer
Garrotte - CTF
Shutout - SWAT
Despair - KOTH
Scythe - SWAT
Simplex - CTF

This is a regular matchmaking update. (They happen every week, but this is the first major one since the holiday break.)

Reactions: FRYMEN
It's great to see a playlist like this! I hope they end up putting other kinds of maps in this playlist as well. I really hope they seriously consider putting some infection maps into matchmaking.

It's great to see a playlist like this! I hope they end up putting other kinds of maps in this playlist as well. I really hope they seriously consider putting some infection maps into matchmaking.

i think they will eventually, but i don't think it will be any time soon, since they are doing the whole weekly thing and i believe already announced what the next month consists of.

Sick! Finally a REAL playlist update since the conclusion of the Infinity Challenge rotation.

Also, the Lockout remake is...off. Many elements (size of platforms, width of ramps, jutouts on some corners) are off. I think proportions could've been better equalized, otherwise, it should've been a variation on the Lockout style. Landing somewhere in the middle makes it difficult to call it a great remake.

Love that 343 is doing this though! I hope they stop making DLC maps and just make DLC forge content, object skins, etc. letting players make all their maps!

Sick! Finally a REAL playlist update since the conclusion of the Infinity Challenge rotation.

Also, the Lockout remake is...off. Many elements (size of platforms, width of ramps, jutouts on some corners) are off. I think proportions could've been better equalized, otherwise, it should've been a variation on the Lockout style. Landing somewhere in the middle makes it difficult to call it a great remake.

Love that 343 is doing this though! I hope they stop making DLC maps and just make DLC forge content, object skins, etc. letting players make all their maps!

2 more map packs to go :p then they might start doing that...but I don't think they will, they'll be spending all their time on h5

Reactions: NextLotus
I just got done playing my first 3 games in the new playlist. It was awesome!! I played Scythe, Despair, and Shutout.
Scythe and Despair were Slayer games. We stomped on Scythe, won by like 300. On Despair it was an extremely close game and super fun and competitive.
Your man Titmar was gettin beam rifle no-scopes like a boss.
Then it came up to SWAT on Shutout and of course that was frickin awesome.

Overall my first impression is REALLY GOOD.

I remember my first impression of the first forge maps that got into MM on Reach -
It went something like this - "What? THIS got into MM?"
I'm super happy to see that these maps are a VAST improvement on that impression.

Couldn't agree more with everything you just said Tit. I'm really impressed so far!
My favorite of the maps as of now has to be Scythe (yay PA1NTS!). It plays so differently than every other map in Halo 4 and I love it. So refreshing :)

Scythe - Infinity Slayer: I have to say I had a lot of fun on this one. Only complaint was that one of the teleporters didn't have its blue glow above it.
Relay - Infinity Slayer: Hated it, way too open; I was getting shot from across the map the entire game. It has cover but in all the wrong places, lines of sight were all too long.
Despair - KoTH: I don't know if it was really bad luck or if this map only has two hills but it just kept going back and forth between Hill A and Hill B the whole time. Both of these hills seemed to be won and sucessfully defended by whichever team got there first. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, I'll blame KoTH. I'll update later if I play it on another game type.
Shutout - Infinity Slayer: I sucked and I fell off the map tons, so I'd say this was a pretty good remake to me :D I got the winning kill though and managed to turn it around in the end and got the most kills with 20:17 KD, 'twas fun.
Shutout - SWAT: I loved this but it probably has something to do with starting the match 11-0. People just kept walking into my reticle. Some places on the map were easy to just head shot without anyone really being able to get the upper hand on you. Still a lot of fun (or at least for me :p)

Scythe - Infinity Slayer: I have to say I had a lot of fun on this one. Only complaint was that one of the teleporters didn't have its blue glow above it.
Relay - Infinity Slayer: Hated it, way too open; I was getting shot from across the map the entire game. It has cover but in all the wrong places, lines of sight were all too long.
Despair - KoTH: I don't know if it was really bad luck or if this map only has two hills but it just kept going back and forth between Hill A and Hill B the whole time. Both of these hills seemed to be won and sucessfully defended by whichever team got there first. Wasn't bad, wasn't great, I'll blame KoTH. I'll update later if I play it on another game type.
Shutout - Infinity Slayer: I sucked and I fell off the map tons, so I'd say this was a pretty good remake to me :D I got the winning kill though and managed to turn it around in the end and got the most kills with 20:17 KD, 'twas fun.
Shutout - SWAT: I loved this but it probably has something to do with starting the match 11-0. People just kept walking into my reticle. Some places on the map were easy to just head shot without anyone really being able to get the upper hand on you. Still a lot of fun (or at least for me :p)

Ditto on Scythe; yellow teleporter sometimes loses its glow. My issue with the map is the colored objects; they're distracting and unattractive. I think subtle lighting or other features could've been used to better identify the rooms.
Relay: Absolutely no fun unless you are experienced with the jetpack. Jetpack slays this map.
I can't remember Despair, and I've already shouted out on Shutout, but...
Garrotte: If you want to move, don't play this map. Seriously, Claustrophobia The Map. I can't think of a gametype or number of players that would be ideal here, but 4v4 CTF was fifteen minutes of standoff and spawnplosions for everyone. As a tactful critique, there are a number of places (primarily around the center pillar) where block heights vary by .2-.3, thus preventing smooth walking and requiring an awkward jump.

TBH when I went on the community forge matchmaking thing I couldn't give any feedback because I didn't know who created the map aand nobody had their mics on.