Casually Competitive Customs and Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gildersneeze

Novice
Apr 1, 2013
Yeah I've brainstormed on a way to play Assault as well. Unfortunately Flag gametypes don't work very well either, because there's always a waypoint over the flag carrier. And even though the game says you can turn off the waypoint in the game settings, it's bugged and always stays on.
I knew there was a reason y'all didn't turn that off in your games but it never occurred to me to ask. I miss being able to stealth-run the flag. :(

Uhhh, actually I meant that last comment for Chaos . . . I know you already know all this Bizz. Lol, I need to slow down.
Lol I knew what you meant too. I know all! Jk. I tried to search the mod forums to see if they had am elegant solution, but they really hadn't yet. They've been working on 1 flag, assault, and race as well as removing the permanent waypoints, but every forum I saw they all quit before achieving any of them. Actually one forum was dedicated to all those things and still no dice

PunxsutawnyFil

Qualified
Jan 10, 2013
Everybody, this is an emergency. Something's come up and I'm not going to be able to host my custom game lobby. If you're willing to host please respond.

RE: being able to see the waypoint and having the attackers able to pick up the ball, these are just things we'll have to adapt to unless we can talk 343 into changing them (which I believe is possible with enough energy, but that's energy I need for other battles). Maybe part of the new Assault gametype is the offense *can* take your ball and you have to go track them down and take it back from them.

Is there a way to make one team weaker? Or a trait zone that makes one team stronger while they're in it? So many things I don't know yet in Halo 4 Forge (and haven't had the time to check out). Maybe we could figure out a way to penalize the offense if they pick it up, using the gametype?

I thought if you didn't give one team a grif_goal, the ball wouldn't spawn, that's why I didn't think it would work.

On a different note, has anyone made a map over the water where the water is like thigh knee deep, so when you're driving a mongoose it's like you're on a jetski? lol

And one more side-tangent (I promise this is the last one, lol) we were talking about trying to find another map to test out the multi-team multi-flag, and I just saw this one today from Hadoken and it looks like it would play like Warlock, which was great for Multi-Flag in Halo 2: http://halocustoms.com/maps/blindside.278/

Ooh, and one more thing (fine, I lied about the no more side tangents :D) has anyone ever thought to try and make like Forerunner structures on their maps? Like the floating geometric-type arms and such? I think that would add a very cool element to a map! (I saw something that might look like that on one of Hadoken's maps, that's what made me think of it)

Chaos is getting chaotic! Lol! I put a request in to a modder today to see if he can make the changes to grifball. I have seen quite a few maps in the past harness the powers of the forerunners, but nothing recently. And who says money can't buy happiness. You can buy a jetski. Have you ever seen anyone not smile on a jetski? We need happiness! I vote mongoose hill in a water park asap!

Sooo this is a convo I had with my GF today... My phone turned off and she left a string of ridiculous innuendos.

Attachments

• Misha Gay-lo Convo.jpg
    Misha Gay-lo Convo.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.