Castle Map Pack - Outcast [First Look]

Actually, I AM an old and bitter gamer.... And I'm only griefing the ignoramuses that can't tell knob from end what makes a game competitive or not, or what makes a map decent or not.

FYI, differentiation in kill times is a basic aspect of arena shooters. Halo is a sandbox arena shooter. Quake and UT are twitch arena shooters. CoD is a squad based shooter. The weapons in Halo were always supposed to be niche weapons that were compared to each other. They're meant to be in balance to each other. The main difference between previous titles and what we have now is that there's a plethora of utility weapons that have different traits, but are fundamentally balanced with each other... Unfortunately this load out system is a major departure form the arena genre where all players should be starting with essentially the same weapons/abilities...

I don't even know how I can explain this to you... Is it even worth my time when none of this is sinking in at all?

Oh, it's sinking in....that you obviously have no idea what Halo is about anymore.

Games are an evolving species of their own. They have to change or die out. If Halo just stayed the same, the same people would keep playing it. Nothing changes. The changes in gameplay are there to morph the game into something more people want to play. Hell, I love the new loadout system, and I've been playing since Halo: CE. I have all of the Halo games (even the crappiness that is Halo Wars) and I actually enjoy Halo 4 just as much (if not more) than Reach and 3. The entire franchise is changing because of 343i, and that's kind of a great thing, because Halo was beginning to get stale.

Weapons in Halo 4 are not necessarily meant to be compared to each other, they're meant to fit play styles. Assault Rifles vs. Suppressor vs. Storm Rifle is a common argument, and when you look at kill times and spread, they all differ in some way from each other. Not very much, but enough to ensure that players find the weapon that fits them best. Suppressors are for more CQC players, Assault Rifles for mid to close range, Storm Rifles are for slightly longer range accuracy and players that dislike cooldowns. These weapons are meant for specialization. DMR for long range, BR for long-mid range, LR for long-mid range (which is kind of redundant), and the Carbine for high DPS. You can compare them all and the DMR usually comes out on top, but each weapon does have a certain edge to it that the others don't...besides the LR. I really don't understand how it's supposed to do crap when matched up to the others. But that's just my bias talking.

In short, Halo doesn't have to be a sandbox arena shooter anymore. It's evolving. It's changing. And I think it's changing for the better.

And don't insult my intelligence. It's not like you're some map design and competitive genius. Either calm down your bitter or take your old ass back to your text-based rpg. I bet your D&D club is missing you.

I apologize, I'm done with the petty arguing, that's not what this thread is for.
The map looks like it'll play pretty well, I look forward to it.