Castle Map Pack - Outcast [First Look]

Looks pretty solid, don't like how much they talk about making it easy to get the slip on vehicles though. It's hard enough already to keep them alive with plasma pistol/ plasma nade spawn. Overall though it looks interesting, have to play it first of course for a real opinion.

This map is stunning. It does look as though vehicles wont be overpowered, but still effective. Visually this map cant get much better. If there was one bit of critisism, the layout is a bit messy but im sure it will play great.

Yeah, it looks great; my only nagging concern is early on in the video, they say this is the largest map in the pack and it seems pretty medium sized to me. Of course that may just be an illusion because of how it is broken up the terrain is.

Yeah, it looks great; my only nagging concern is early on in the video, they say this is the largest map in the pack and it seems pretty medium sized to me. Of course that may just be an illusion because of how it is broken up the terrain is.
I thought the same. Seems fairly normal-sized.

They said it's main gametypes are Dominion and Team Slayer, but it looked like it would be great for CTF, too.

We have enough big team maps, what this game doesnt have is an adequate number of good 4v4 maps. Adrift, haven, complex...with abandon thrown in and youve got the same 4 maps over and over and dont act like im lying either, think about your TS experience and see which maps you most recall coming up. Same ones...now the majestic maps are all very nice and i'd say better than every map on the game but haven. I just hope the other 2 maps are medium/small arena types like haven. Or hell, a failproof plan would be to just re-release midship and lockout. not that forge created shit

Reactions: SecretSchnitzel
We have enough big team maps, what this game doesnt have is an adequate number of good 4v4 maps. Adrift, haven, complex...with abandon thrown in and youve got the same 4 maps over and over and dont act like im lying either, think about your TS experience and see which maps you most recall coming up. Same ones...now the majestic maps are all very nice and i'd say better than every map on the game but haven. I just hope the other 2 maps are medium/small arena types like haven. Or hell, a failproof plan would be to just re-release midship and lockout. not that forge created shit
The others are also gonna be btb maps. The main reason for this is that btb is still the most played game in matchmaking. And the difference between these maps and the on disc maps are how open they are. The on disc maps were alot more cramped than these.

Reactions: NinetysBorn
Map looks like an overly cluttered bag of ass. A pretty bag of ass, but doesn't change the fact that it is a bag of ass. And what's with the hardcore fanboy nerdgasms here. They could give us a map there is literally a piece of shit covered in gold and y'all would praise it like the next best thing. Shit, even the kids over at Waypoint are making the lot of you look like easily pleased fanboys as even a good number of those 'tards are actually critiquing this map pack pretty hard.

I'm not asking that you become a bunch of overly critical cynics like the guys at THC, but for pity sake, take off the god damned blinders!

Map looks like an overly cluttered bag of ass. A pretty bag of ass, but doesn't change the fact that it is a bag of ass. And what's with the hardcore fanboy nerdgasms here. They could give us a map there is literally a piece of shit covered in gold and y'all would praise it like the next best thing. Shit, even the kids over at Waypoint are making the lot of you look like easily pleased fanboys as even a good number of those 'tards are actually critiquing this map pack pretty hard.

I'm not asking that you become a bunch of overly critical cynics like the guys at THC, but for pity sake, take off the god damned blinders!
You know, you could actually explain what your problems are with the map instead of just raging.

In my opinion, even a video walkthrough is not enough info to really feel how the map will play, as they didn't go everywhere on the map in the first place. Besides, no one here is jumping out of their seat for it right now, so far most comments have been a mix of interest and criticism.

You know, you could actually explain what your problems are with the map instead of just raging.

In my opinion, even a video walkthrough is not enough info to really feel how the map will play, as they didn't go everywhere on the map in the first place. Besides, no one here is jumping out of their seat for it right now, so far most comments have been a mix of interest and criticism.

If the commentary about the "cubby holes" and "running players over" wasn't enough, the map is absolutely swamped with lazy cover and all kinds of nooks and crannies that threaten to slow the pace of the game. To top it half, the bulk of the map looks to be a death trap to vehicles, which is outrageous as that's what they claim it was designed for. If controlling the "power vehicles" is how you're supposed to control this map and the bulk of the map puts the vehicles (which are already at a disadvantage from loadouts) at a further disadvantage? It clearly shows a lack of understanding of the game's mechanics on the part of these developers.

Did I articulate that well enough for you?

Now you and the other fan boys can commence with the rattle about how I'm not qualified to critique professional developers as I'm just a simple gamer and arguably sub-par forger. :p

I'm not going to complain if you explain your problems with the map. That's what the thread is here for, to talk about our thoughts/ expectations of it. I am going to complain if you just bitch about it without explaining yourself, because that adds nothing to the discussion and is just mindless blather. I've got a lot of the same complaints as you do about the map, I just don't want the thread to turn into mindless hate and yelling like every other Halo website seems to turn into.

Reactions: SecretSchnitzel
I'm not going to complain if you explain your problems with the map. That's what the thread is here for, to talk about our thoughts/ expectations of it. I am going to complain if you just bitch about it without explaining yourself, because that adds nothing to the discussion and is just mindless blather. I've got a lot of the same complaints as you do about the map, I just don't want the thread to turn into mindless hate and yelling like every other Halo website seems to turn into.

I had actually explained my complaints in another thread here as well and had a long conversation 'bout it in the lolbox last night... Needless to say, I got bombasted and told I don't have any grounds to critique the maps as I'm not a real dev.

The argument that you can't critique if you aren't a dev is stupid, it's generally a cop out. I didn't see any of the other sources, so all I could run with was what was in the thread. Just trying to keep the discussion from getting too heated, as that can turn things ugly. I'm going to watch this and the perdition vids a few more times after class to get a better feel for both.

I would have to disagree, I want more btb maps. Just as long as they are actually BIG and not medium to big. We need more maps like sandtrap, valhalla, and blood gulch. Not these cramped, wanna-be btb maps like exile. Giving us even bigger btb maps (and better) would be the best option in making the entire halo community happy. Big team battle players would be happy, forgers would be happy with their new bigger canvases, and that right there is already more then half of the halo community satisfied. Of course, we also need SMALLER close quarters maps, but if I had to choose it'd be bigger btb maps first, over all else. This is Halo not call of duty.

I would have to disagree, I want more btb maps. Just as long as they are actually BIG and not medium to big. We need more maps like sandtrap, valhalla, and blood gulch. Not these cramped, wanna-be btb maps like exile. Giving us even bigger btb maps (and better) would be the best option in making the entire halo community happy. Big team battle players would be happy, forgers would be happy with their new bigger canvases, and that right there is already more then half of the halo community satisfied. Of course, we also need SMALLER close quarters maps, but if I had to choose it'd be bigger btb maps first, over all else. This is Halo not call of duty.

Yeah.... Except Halo's roots are in the ARENA SHOOTER genre... Which it has strayed oh so far from.