OfficialCompetition.jpg

The More Things Change...
The more they stay the same. As we enter the Quarter Finals, we must turn our gaze to a map which is familiar to many of us. Lovingly designed and crafted in Halo: Reach by The Xzample, Angst is a pinnacle in 1v1 map design. This is a map you want to get to know, because map knowledge will be your most powerful tool when you finally square off against your opponent here. Be warned, a few tweaks have been made to the original geometry by the map's appropriator; IKORLASH.​
1v1-angst1.png
1v1-angst2.png

Every choice you make on Angst will have repercussions. Ducking into the teleporter to avoid incoming fire can be either an excellent move or an extremely poor one. It all depends on where your opponent is. Being familiar with the inner workings of the map will be invaluable in your coming matches, so be sure get a head start. Fighting for control of key locations on the map will be just as crucial as fighting to control the sniper rifle and sticky detonator.​

Download Links
Thanks again to TheHaloNetwork and our sponsors, Gamermodz. None of this would have been possible without them. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has participated in this competition and to congratulate everyone who has made it this far. Good luck in the Quarter-Finals!​
And, just for fun:​

infinity rumble (2).jpg

Is the map creator from Germany? Because "Angst" is a german word, it means "Fear" in English... ;)

I haven´t seen this map yet and I don´t know, why Dax didn´t send it to me before the reveal. :p

Reactions: Cap3llo
Is the map creator from Germany? Because "Angst" is a german word, it means "Fear" in English... ;)

I haven´t seen this map yet and I don´t know, why Dax didn´t send it to me before the reveal. :p

Angst also happens to be an English word which means "feeling anxious, insecure, etc." A bunch of people got hooked on the idea of it being named for the German word in the comments when I featured Angst back in Reach, too.

Reactions: Buddy and Cap3llo