Contest HaloCustoms 1v1 Tournament

OfficialCompetition.jpg

Welcome, potential challenger.
A little while back we mentioned that we at Halo Customs are aware of your desire to test your skill, and face whatever your skilled opponent can throw at you. We spoke of discovering new arenas, and that fiery competitive need that drives every player. That is exactly what I'm discussing with you now.

Today, we would like to announce the HaloCustoms 1v1 Unity Tournament. After weeks of planning we have found what are, in our opinion, the best gametype and the best maps for this event. Our very own Dax, at the helm of his new Youtube channel The Halo Network, has brought in the help of a man known as Doju, the creator of the popular competitive Unity gametype. Doju has made a new Unity, designed for 1v1 battles, with which this tournament will be used.
Just like our recent minigame competition, the victor of this tournament will have quite the bounty. Gamermodz.com is full of great people, and they've offered a unique controller design for the winner. Battle your way to the top, and you will soon find earn this Gamermodzcustom, modded Xbox controller for yourself.

Details:
  • Sign ups for the tournament will run until the end of Friday, July 26th, with a follow-up announcement soon afterword to further explain how the rounds will be set up and run.
  • We'll be capping the player limit to 256 players, so don't wait too long to sign up!
  • This will be a double-elimination tournament, so if you lose one game you still have a shot at the title!
The Maps:
We have selected an array of fantastic 1v1 maps for you all to play, and will be revealing them in the following weeks.
  • New maps will be revealed a week before the round they are to be played in
Prizes:
We love Gamermodz. I think they might have a thing for us too, because they have offered us another controller. We don't really have a need for it though, at least that's what Insane tells me, so one of you guys can have it. I just figure that making you shoot each other for it will be more fun than simply giving it away.

• A unique, Halo-themed controller, courtesy of Gamermodz. The website offers their concentration in custom-built gaming controllers, the one we're giving away optionally modded with their SPS-X2 rapidfire mod.​
Gamermodz's Halo-themed Xbox skin.​
Here's your chance to test your aim and your instincts, and maybe even win a controller from Gamermodz in the process. Pick your weapon wisely, because that's all that you'll have when you enter the arena. I wish you all the best of luck.

Out of curiosity: What is your logic behind putting in sniper and not other 1hk weapons? The sniper's magnetism is pretty high as well and it also doesn't have descope anymore.. I'm not saying I support any of those three weapons (or that I don't support them for that matter), I just want to know.

Sniper is more difficult to use than say a dmr or br. Such as getting a body shot at LEAST! For the average person it is a challenging weapon to use and it takes more skill than any other. Also having weapons such as the Incineration cannon is far more than bridging a game with 3+ easy kills and with railgun the same especially with the gun being able to curve. Sticky det is somewhat of a skill full weapon but I just don't like the fact of one shot kill weapons in a match because of getting an easy kill. Ninja PGL lost a 1v1 due to playing with some kid that had rockets and railgun and straight up camped. That is more than garbage and something like that shouldn't be in the match. Especially when a clearly superior player should when when some kid thinks their good because all their kills are from power weapons.

Is the gametype the Infinity Slayer gametype in wargames or is the gametype going to have preset loadouts and not letting us use our custom loadouts. I hate the gametypes in wargames that don't let us use our custom loadouts.

Alright bro! I hope their isn't custom loadouts because of ridicuous choices such as AR and boltshot and active camo. I played some kid in a 1v1 in infinity slayer and that was the biggest mistake I made. The game was fair with both players having mid range weapons and it was 4-0. Then the kid decided to stay in a corner with boltshot. After the game he said it was all fair. I never want to play a game like that again. And if their is custom loadouts... I know what I'm doing ;)

Sniper is more difficult to use than say a dmr or br. Such as getting a body shot at LEAST! For the average person it is a challenging weapon to use and it takes more skill than any other. Also having weapons such as the Incineration cannon is far more than bridging a game with 3+ easy kills and with railgun the same especially with the gun being able to curve. Sticky det is somewhat of a skill full weapon but I just don't like the fact of one shot kill weapons in a match because of getting an easy kill. Ninja PGL lost a 1v1 due to playing with some kid that had rockets and railgun and straight up camped. That is more than garbage and something like that shouldn't be in the match. Especially when a clearly superior player should when when some kid thinks their good because all their kills are from power weapons.

Alright bro! I hope their isn't custom loadouts because of ridicuous choices such as AR and boltshot and active camo. I played some kid in a 1v1 in infinity slayer and that was the biggest mistake I made. The game was fair with both players having mid range weapons and it was 4-0. Then the kid decided to stay in a corner with boltshot. After the game he said it was all fair. I never want to play a game like that again. And if their is custom loadouts... I know what I'm doing ;)

We're working with Doju to offer the most fair and competitive competition that we possibly can; I wouldn't be too worried that there'll be unfair weapons, bad maps, or a dumb gametype. Doju is premiering his 1v1 Unity gametype specifically for this tournament, and I can guarantee it's damn good ;)

Reactions: Mexican Torta 7
We're working with Doju to offer the most fair and competitive competition that we possibly can; I wouldn't be too worried that there'll be unfair weapons, bad maps, or a dumb gametype. Doju is premiering his 1v1 Unity gametype specifically for this tournament, and I can guarantee it's damn good ;)
THIS HAS INSANE54'

You could of killed the guy in the corner with a frag, plasma, dmr, br, or any other weapon with a longer range than the boltshot

You could of killed the guy in the corner with a frag, plasma, dmr, br, or any other weapon with a longer range than the boltshot

I could have... unless if the room was pretty small and like a hallway like adrift. Also I'm terrible with grenades and I really need to work on it because grenades seem to help alot like taking down a guys shield or getting a one hit kill with plasmas if I stick them.

I've played several unity gametypes and I love them I'm just replying to those who would like inf. slayer and just giving my opinion about the on map weapons.

I'd say 99% can't use custom loadouts, I can think of several things that would be automatic OP in 1v1 (jetpack, promethean vision, boltshot, and certain perks ahem the one that lets you see the enemy for 5 secs after respawn, just for starters).
They should allow custom loadouts but none of the stuff you get from completing a specialization, or they can make a list of weapons, armor abilites, and packages that can't be used in the match. The only thing is that probably alot of people in the competetion have all the weapons, armor abilites, and packages that arent from a specialization. Anyway probably if its preset loadouts its going to be 1 primary and 1 secondary. Some people use the firepower tactical package to get a br and ar combo or a dmr and ar combo. Hopefully people won't be allowed to use the dmr, br. lightrifle, carbine with a plasma pistol combo. Anybody using that combo in slayer is a noob. Its only ok to use that combo in a gametype where kills dont count as points: ctf, koth, oddball, extraction, dominion.

I could have... unless if the room was pretty small and like a hallway like adrift. Also I'm terrible with grenades and I really need to work on it because grenades seem to help alot like taking down a guys shield or getting a one hit kill with plasmas if I stick them.
a magnum has longer range than a boltshot and its good for close quarters.

Yeah... well the thing is that I don't like the magnum when I am in a serious match and also this event occured more than 3+ months ago so magnum wasn't so great like it was now. I understand what you are trying to say and I don't want to get in any more conflicts like I am in now so I will begin to stop my rants.

About the gametype, loadouts are as follows:

Choice of BR, DMR, Light Rifle, or Covenant Carbine. There is no secondary gun.
All choices have, aside from that, entirely equal equipment. You get the explosives and the resupply perks, and one fragmentation grenade.
There are no armor abilities unless they happen to show up on the map itself (though I'm not sure if any do), and there is no radar.

I believe that's the gist of it. Exact (if any) stat changes I am unaware of, though I've been playing this gametype basically since Doju made it at the start of planning this a long time ago, and it's well balanced and fun.

Subjective there. I agree with the rockets stuff, but why is having kills from power weapons necessarily unskillful?

They should allow custom loadouts but none of the stuff you get from completing a specialization, or they can make a list of weapons, armor abilites, and packages that can't be used in the match. The only thing is that probably alot of people in the competetion have all the weapons, armor abilites, and packages that arent from a specialization. Anyway probably if its preset loadouts its going to be 1 primary and 1 secondary. Some people use the firepower tactical package to get a br and ar combo or a dmr and ar combo. Hopefully people won't be allowed to use the dmr, br. lightrifle, carbine with a plasma pistol combo. Anybody using that combo in slayer is a noob. Its only ok to use that combo in a gametype where kills dont count as points: ctf, koth, oddball, extraction, dominion.

If you're going to limit the choices players have that much, you might as well just have loadouts instead of relying on honor rules, which what Dax/Doju are doing anyways.. People might not realize that they can't have certain weapons/abilities and get disqualified, even if it's in the description...

Anyways, iout of curiosity, how do you justify letting players start with different items anyways? You just listed a bunch of things you thought were OK and other things that you didn't think were OK without any objective justification (eg "You're a noob for doing X").

Six shot kill is terribad. It also has a lot of bullet magnetism, more than DMR/BR/etc.

SpinCycle014 Please re-read my comment. A GREAT halo player was beat in a 1v1 because of someone camping with power weapons. It is good to have weapon control but when it is used in a 1v1 it is called unskillful. If you were ever in a 1v1 tourney the maps that would be used would be maps like sanctuary and onyx where the most powerful weapon would be the sniper and nothing else except for loadout weapons scattered around the map for ammo. Maps that have respawn timers on weapons like railgun, rockets, beam rifle or any other power weapon shouldn't be in a 1v1 map. But considering that most of the people here play this for fun they really wouldn't care. I really shouldn't either. I'm giving my opinion on what should happen and that weapon placement may have to revised for a better 1v1 experience. It is alot more balanced when it is a fair br battle unless someguy decides to hold rocket spawn all game just so he can rack up on ammo. I'm just telling people from my experience because it is frustrating when you lose to a guy where their TOD was a power weapon with 6+ kills.