Contest HaloCustoms 1v1 Tournament

OfficialCompetition.jpg

Welcome, potential challenger.
A little while back we mentioned that we at Halo Customs are aware of your desire to test your skill, and face whatever your skilled opponent can throw at you. We spoke of discovering new arenas, and that fiery competitive need that drives every player. That is exactly what I'm discussing with you now.

Today, we would like to announce the HaloCustoms 1v1 Unity Tournament. After weeks of planning we have found what are, in our opinion, the best gametype and the best maps for this event. Our very own Dax, at the helm of his new Youtube channel The Halo Network, has brought in the help of a man known as Doju, the creator of the popular competitive Unity gametype. Doju has made a new Unity, designed for 1v1 battles, with which this tournament will be used.
Just like our recent minigame competition, the victor of this tournament will have quite the bounty. Gamermodz.com is full of great people, and they've offered a unique controller design for the winner. Battle your way to the top, and you will soon find earn this Gamermodzcustom, modded Xbox controller for yourself.

Details:
  • Sign ups for the tournament will run until the end of Friday, July 26th, with a follow-up announcement soon afterword to further explain how the rounds will be set up and run.
  • We'll be capping the player limit to 256 players, so don't wait too long to sign up!
  • This will be a double-elimination tournament, so if you lose one game you still have a shot at the title!
The Maps:
We have selected an array of fantastic 1v1 maps for you all to play, and will be revealing them in the following weeks.
  • New maps will be revealed a week before the round they are to be played in
Prizes:
We love Gamermodz. I think they might have a thing for us too, because they have offered us another controller. We don't really have a need for it though, at least that's what Insane tells me, so one of you guys can have it. I just figure that making you shoot each other for it will be more fun than simply giving it away.

• A unique, Halo-themed controller, courtesy of Gamermodz. The website offers their concentration in custom-built gaming controllers, the one we're giving away optionally modded with their SPS-X2 rapidfire mod.​
Gamermodz's Halo-themed Xbox skin.​
Here's your chance to test your aim and your instincts, and maybe even win a controller from Gamermodz in the process. Pick your weapon wisely, because that's all that you'll have when you enter the arena. I wish you all the best of luck.

Have been gone for three weeks now and I'll be back in less than a week. Hope that makes it even :):

BTW, I don't like the weapon choices placed on the maps such as sticky detonator and railgun. Especially the railgun! Those weapons have nothing to do with skill and could bridge a match! Please take this comment to effect because as I play doubles usually their is a guy with tool of destruction railgun because of stupid aim assist and magnetism combined. One shot kill weapons (besides the sniper rifle) shouldn't be in this.

Reactions: ShockBolt21
Lookin forward to kickin some ass! Team games are my strong point, mainly because of the tactics I use, but regardless, I'm quite sure I'll do well here.

By the way, do you guys know if gamermodz will be customizing xbox one controllers?

Reactions: SGC
i cant sign up my time zone is AEST and i can only put three letters
Yeah, that should be worked on and taken care of soon. I'll keep you updated!
Wait, are you sure thats the right controller? Cause thats not a GamerModz design...
I'm not positive but I don't think it's confirmed that this will be the winner's controller. I'm pretty sure it's just a placemarker, but I'll double check. :y:
do you guys know if gamermodz will be customizing xbox one controllers?
I don't see why they wouldn't!
So I put ESY on my time zone on accident.
Fixed, yo.

Have been gone for three weeks now and I'll be back in less than a week. Hope that makes it even :):

BTW, I don't like the weapon choices placed on the maps such as sticky detonator and railgun. Especially the railgun! Those weapons have nothing to do with skill and could bridge a match! Please take this comment to effect because as I play doubles usually their is a guy with tool of destruction railgun because of stupid aim assist and magnetism combined. One shot kill weapons (besides the sniper rifle) shouldn't be in this.

Out of curiosity: What is your logic behind putting in sniper and not other 1hk weapons? The sniper's magnetism is pretty high as well and it also doesn't have descope anymore.. I'm not saying I support any of those three weapons (or that I don't support them for that matter), I just want to know.

Reactions: ShockBolt21
Is the gametype the Infinity Slayer gametype in wargames or is the gametype going to have preset loadouts and not letting us use our custom loadouts. I hate the gametypes in wargames that don't let us use our custom loadouts.

Is the gametype the Infinity Slayer gametype in wargames or is the gametype going to have preset loadouts and not letting us use our custom loadouts. I hate the gametypes in wargames that don't let us use our custom loadouts.

I'd say 99% can't use custom loadouts, I can think of several things that would be automatic OP in 1v1 (jetpack, promethean vision, boltshot, and certain perks ahem the one that lets you see the enemy for 5 secs after respawn, just for starters).

Wait what is with the R2-D2 Controller I thought this was halo?

:vincent:

halo4_2__22751.1353490941.1280.1280.jpg